SkepticalPrepper's introduction

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man U or Man City

• Man U

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Man City

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

SkepticalPrepper

Reaction score
I'm not sure if we need to prep, but it's better to be safe then sorry.
I've recently started prepping, and have very few things. I'm from Eastern Pennsylvania, and I like soccer, reading, and shooting.
I hope to expand my prepping in the future.

Manchester United or City It's a soccer question Mav.

Also People don't have a big problem With car insurance. I consider prepping as life survival insurance.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed..

I think not prepping is niave. I grew up with hurricanes, loss of power, grocery stores being emptied, etc. I don't prep for shtf, I prep for any unexpected disruption in life. If you just watch the world news, and you can't see that the realistic chance of a 'disruption' in our lives is likely, then you're blind and deaf. Whether man made or natural, disasters happen all over the globe, we've just had a good run of luck in this country for a long time compared to other parts of the globe.

I think not prepping is niave. I grew up with hurricanes, loss of power, grocery stores being emptied, etc. I don't prep for shtf, I prep for any unexpected disruption in life. If you just watch the world news, and you can't see that the realistic chance of a 'disruption' in our lives is likely, then you're blind and deaf. Whether man made or natural, disasters happen all over the globe, we've just had a good run of luck in this country for a long time compared to other parts of the globe.
My philosophy is, prepping should revolve around your life, not your life revolving around prepping. Of course it's better to prep, but it shouldn't consume you.

My philosophy is, prepping should revolve around your life, not your life revolving around prepping. Of course it's better to prep, but it shouldn't consume you.
I agree, for the most part prepping is to help sustain your life through tough times, not replace it! There are all types of personalities, some people just get 100% into whatever they are doing at the time. The homesteading/farming areas that I have gotten into are pretty consuming, as they take most of your time and are a way of life. I honestly am more content growing tomatoes (who would have thought, me?) than working 70 hr work weeks to be able to get that brand new Harley or sportscar. Don't get me wrong, people striving to have luxury items is a big part of keeping our economy going, and to each their own. I guess I have been on both sides of the spectrum, and probably had to to get where I am right now in life. My goal is to get set up for self sufficency so well that if the economy does collapse for whatever reason, I won't be too affected. I also enjoy the benefits of eating food that hasn't been chemically treated or processed, shipped long distance, and is fresh.

BTW my American chums why do you lot still call that game you play FOOTBALL when the players RUN and CARRY the ball?

It used to have a lot more "foot" in it. In the 1980s, the school where I was in grad school won a lot of games by field goals, with the kicker often outscoring the quarterback. In the 1960's that same school sometimes punted on first down if they didn't like their field position and relied on the defense to get the ball back in better field position.

Before 1934 the American football was shaped like a Rugby football with rounded ends, and drop kicks were common for scoring field goals. The "Egg Bowl" is the annual game between Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) and Mississippi State. It is so called because the trophy is in the shape of the pre-34 football, which people now think looks more like an egg than a football.
MIRRUYTWJIKWIYP.20070418191027.jpg

The shape of the American football was changed in 1934 to have more pointed ends so that it would be more aerodynamic and that made the drop kick much more difficult because the ball would bounce unpredictably when dropped on its end. The last successful drop kick in American NCAA college football was in 1988. The last successful drop kick in NFL pro football was in 2006.

Last edited:
It used to have a lot more "foot" in it. In the 1980s, the school where I was in grad school won a lot of games by field goals, with the kicker often outscoring the quarterback. In the 1960's that same school sometimes punted on first down if they didn't like their field position and relied on the defense to get the ball back in better field position.

Before 1934 the American football was shaped like a Rugby football with rounded ends, and drop kicks were common for scoring field goals. The "Egg Bowl" is the annual game between Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) and Mississippi State. It is so called because the trophy is in the shape of the pre-34 football, which people now think looks more like an egg than a football.

The shape of the American football was changed in 1934 to have more pointed ends so that it would be more aerodynamic and that made the drop kick much more difficult because the ball would bounce unpredictably when dropped on its end. The last successful drop kick in American NCAA college football was in 1988. The last successful drop kick in NFL pro football was in 2006.

Also, the former official length of the american football was 12", or a foot.

I've recently started prepping, and have very few things. I'm from Eastern Pennsylvania, and I like soccer, reading, and shooting.

Welcome to the site. And like I to say, “I rather have my preps and not need it rather than not have it and need it.”

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Thanks doc, I learned a little from you today too! I always thought foot ball should have been the name of soccer.

Latest posts

Back