Site has been selected for the SE Meet

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
The Southeast Meet and Greet will be held at the Mousetail Landing State Park in Linden, Tennessee.
http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/MousetailLanding/#swimming

I spoke with the lady in their office this afternoon and explained that we would be having a get together of friends in late August and asked if availability would be a problem. She said we shouldn't have a problem at all.

There are 25 sites with water and electricity available as well as 21 sites a few miles further down which are right on the river. Those 21 sites are primitive camping, no running water or electric and a pit toilet.

There are a maximum of 2 tents per site allowed, however many you chose to stick in a tent is your business. If you have an RV, you can also set up an extra tent.

There are hiking trails, including one trail that is an overnight trail with shelters along the way. Fishing is allowed, you may purchase a short term fishing license there at the campground. There is a pavilion as well that we can gather at for meals and other class/ learning opportunities, or just plain old bullshit sessions..

There is a swimming beach as well. No ATV's are allowed in the park, electric wheelchairs and scooters are allowed.

The campground does offer a modern bath house as well as laundry facilities. Yay! Flush toilets!

Campsites are equipped with picnic tables and grills. No wood may be brought in from out of state.

The Southeast Meet and Greet will be held at the Mousetail Landing State Park in Linden, Tennessee.
http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/MousetailLanding/#swimming

I spoke with the lady in their office this afternoon and explained that we would be having a get together of friends in late August and asked if availability would be a problem. She said we shouldn't have a problem at all.

There are 25 sites with water and electricity available as well as 21 sites a few miles further down which are right on the river. Those 21 sites are primitive camping, no running water or electric and a pit toilet.

There are a maximum of 2 tents per site allowed, however many you chose to stick in a tent is your business. If you have an RV, you can also set up an extra tent.

There are hiking trails, including one trail that is an overnight trail with shelters along the way. Fishing is allowed, you may purchase a short term fishing license there at the campground. There is a pavilion as well that we can gather at for meals and other class/ learning opportunities, or just plain old bullshit sessions..

There is a swimming beach as well. No ATV's are allowed in the park, electric wheelchairs and scooters are allowed.

The campground does offer a modern bath house as well as laundry facilities. Yay! Flush toilets!

Campsites are equipped with picnic tables and grills. No wood may be brought in from out of state.
Sounds great Sis. Now all we need to know how many will be comming. Any member wanting to attend, please let us know. Also if you don't have what part of what state your in, please change your profile and let us know. All we need is what part of what state. Like the biggest city next to you. Then at least we will know how many members are in each section.

Sounds great Sis. Now all we need to know how many will be comming. Any member wanting to attend, please let us know. Also if you don't have what part of what state your in, please change your profile and let us know. All we need is what part of what state. Like the biggest city next to you. Then at least we will know how many members are in each section.
If you don't want to make it public, then please message it to one of us. We'd really like to get an idea of how many we're looking at by the end of next week.

Also if you'd want to share a campsite with someone else let us know who it is.

If you don't want to make it public, then please message it to one of us. We'd really like to get an idea of how many we're looking at by the end of next week.

Also if you'd want to share a campsite with someone else let us know who it is.
Also all you La. guys that want to go, please get with and we will have a local meet to make plans on ways to get there and what we can bring.

Good deal, so we can count you in, how about your wife? Will she be along?

lol.she dont camp out much does she? sharing a camp site sounds good.i bought a 5 person doam tent.which means i can share my tent with someone if needed as well..

We are going to have a heck of a good weekend I do believe. If we have any party poopers, we'll toss them in the river!

True, I plan to do some night fishing. A 3 day out of state permit is $16.50 I think is what she said. I have to remember the cheap hot dogs for bait.

That reminds me. Not too far from the campground there is a place that has canoe rentals and I think the big rafts for floating if anyone would want to spend a few hours on the river.

Latest posts

Back