Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Hello to all!

I have made this pole to find out what the top "style(s)/skin(s)" is/are.

I am doing this in an effort to further improve the look of the site.

I am curious if dark styles are favored or lighter colored styles.

you can sample each style by clicking the are shown in the picture where it says "Blackend-Blue"
Snip20150723_7.png

It is found at the bottom left of the website.

Graynomad

Reaction score
Aesthetically I like the darker options, but for readability I think Whisper2. Most text documents are dark on light for a reason (although one of those reasons is to save ink)

Danil54grl

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I had a hard time with the new set up. . . I started checking for a way to change it cause it was a major eye strain for me and these old eyes. I found a way fortunately. Just my vote. If it aint broke then why change it..

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Aesthetically I like the darker options, but for readability I think Whisper2. Most text documents are dark on light for a reason (although one of those reasons is to save ink)
I had a hard time with the new set up. . . I started checking for a way to change it cause it was a major eye strain for me and these old eyes. I found a way fortunately. Just my vote. If it aint broke then why change it..
Thanks for your in put. I will be introducing other options with light backgrounds like the original Whisper 2, but that are more "modern"

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I like the current. Dark background strains the eye a bit.
im mostly leaning in the direction of whisper2.and for the same reason as gazrok.easier on the eyes..
Just to let you all know there is a couple of new styles. they are called Default (Site logo not to happening with it), and Casual.....
Thanks to all of you for your continued support!

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
i like the Casual.it's nice for and change.and deffently colorful..:D.plus,to me. it makes things easier to read everything...

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
like this possibility to change style if I want to,Thanks Clyde :)

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
im not sure about the defiance light.. :confused: you might wanna look into it..on account everything dont show up like its suppose to,when typeing in a post.like allign left,and the smily botton.thier just gray boxs..

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
im not sure about the defiance light.. :confused: you might wanna look into it..on account everything dont show up like its suppose to,when typeing in a post.like allign left,and the smily botton.thier just gray boxs..
I saw that, and all has been corrected. Thanks for letting me know

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
and only 9 votes so far..
Yeah, not to much interest in this topic, but that's ok.

by the way I have added the final 2 styles. They are a no frills kind. They are called Flat Awesome and Flat Awesome Dark.
In the future I may swap some styles out.
I will keep the original Whisper 2 as long as I can. As software updates come about they style may go away, unless it can be updated to keep up with the program changes.

Thanks for your continued support of DPF!

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, not to much interest in this topic, but that's ok.

by the way I have added the final 2 styles. They are a no frills kind. They are called Flat Awesome and Flat Awesome Dark.
In the future I may swap some styles out.
I will keep the original Whisper 2 as long as I can. As software updates come about they style may go away, unless it can be updated to keep up with the program changes.

Thanks for your continued support of DPF!
Sorry Clyde, I know you must put in a lot of hard work and effort to do these things. I'm the kind of guy that never hits updates, or cares to change things on a computer. I'm just greatfull when the darn thing works! I am sure that lots of the changes that come along are better, but then you have to figure out how to use them, and I like simple! I had a friend that helped me with my tech phobia years ago. He said don't worry about learning all the computer skills, they are building them for people like you, and bringing the technology that makes it easy. Everyone has talents, mine just aren't in IT.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I think it's hard to tell what the thread is about given the title. ;)

Latest posts