Single mom of two girls looking to start planning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL Robinson

Reaction score
I have two girls and know I am already behind on prepping. My family thinks I am crazy, but I know what I have to do. Problem is that I am currently unemployed and cannot even support myself and my kids now. I don't know how to begin. But I will figure it out. I believe we are going to have to bug out and just don't know where to start.

Greetings JL. Welcome to the group.
We have a great group of people here and are all willing to help.
Just knowing that you need to prep puts you ahead if the average person.
Flip through the threads and you will get a better idea of what you need, how to get it, how to store it, and how to find it cheaper.
I you have a question, just ask.
We are all in this together.

Prep well, be well.
Wiredog8

Welcome to the forum. As Wiredog said, there is a lot of good information here. Some of the best prepping you can do is free, increase your knowledge on how to do things and practice that knowledge.

Hi JL and welcome to the site , some of the others have said if you have any questions ,just ask , we all had to start somewhere, you will find some amazin people on here ,all of them only too glad to help.

Getting a gun to defend your self and your children. Water purifier of some sorts and canned food. figure for a weeks worth of food and drinking water. Extra gasoline so you can drive to where you want with out needing a gas station. There are cheap guns out there you can find. Survival is about self preservation, getting a job and making money helps you obtain the items you need to be prepared faster, however if it is not possible, you can email me and we can get creative.

Welcome aboard ! I would start with water and food. Empty 2 liter plastic pop bottles work great for water storage. Word is they last 6 months right out of the tap. " I change mine every 3 ". Food, maybe start with rice and beans. Just some basics to start.

Welcome aboard, like people said, lots of free things people can do. One of the things you can do as a family is go together "for a walk". Make it fun for yours kids, pack a picnic with some sandwiches, fruit, some salad and drink to simulate the weight of a BoB and go for a small walk to see how far they can get before getting tired. Sit down and enjoy, and repeat every so often to build them up, and be healthy. Hey, even if the the *&%$ doesn't hit the fan, you will build a nice bond, and get healthy for the future to survive other scenarios like the healthcare fiasco.

Welcome! There's alot of great advice here and good luck, prepping is a slow progressive task that never ends. Like already mentioned, ur ahead of the curve. Right now you have so many things on your plate one of the best things to do is "Don't Panic"! Do you live on ur own with your kids or with someone? Do you live in an apartment or house? These questions will help us help you. Best of luck job searching. With that out of the way you can concentrate on other matters. Some free things you can do: collect water, gain information, get in shape, stay healthy, learn what is in walking distance of you as far as emergency services and shelters or where you can go to feel safe for you and your children. Till you can get a firearm, a baseball bat or length of pipe to protect yourself. Keep us informed and like everyone else says, use us for information.

Hi again JL , FREE IS A GOOD WORD IN MY VOCABULARY, AND ALL OF THE ADVICE AND HELP THAT YOU WILL GET FROM US IS FREE now isn't that a good start .
Don't be afraid to jump in and ask.

I have two girls and know I am already behind on prepping. My family thinks I am crazy, but I know what I have to do. Problem is that I am currently unemployed and cannot even support myself and my kids now. I don't know how to begin. But I will figure it out. I believe we are going to have to bug out and just don't know where to start.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome JL
.we are glad to have you . You are already prepping by just thinking about it. Maybe take a notepad and just jot down all yalls necessities that come to mind. Then prioritize them as YOU see fit...No two people are alike. After this get creative and see just how much fun prepping can be.....above all...enjoy yourself, life is too short as is to be worried with what others think of you

Welcome to the forum JL. There is alot of things you can do that doesn't cost alot. There are some members from all walks of life here and we are all willing to help in any way we can. I will have to disagree with Warriorhealer on the part of finding shelters and emergency services near you. They will mostly be run by our GREAT government. You will not want to have anything to do with anything done by the government. They will give you shelter (at a FEMA camp). You want no part of that. Will you be alone with your kids? The more we know about your situtation, the more we can help you. I'm from south La. and to far to help phyisically, but I'm willing to help with any info that I can. Whatever you need to know, just ask.

Latest posts

Back