Silent and Deadly

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking about dogs, Gazrok was telling me about his trip to the supermarket.
"
Dog Food Diet
While waiting in line at my local Wal-Mart with a 50lbs bag of dog food, I had a woman ask me if I was going to feed my dogs. Now I’m a big fan of “here’s your sign” so this is how I responded… “No actually I’m on the dog food diet, you just carry around a small bag of dog food and any time you get hungry you eat a handful. Works great, last time I lost 30lbs, but I ended up in the hospital for a week.” By now everyone else in line is listening including the woman who asked the stupid question and I knew she was about to ask another one. I had to hold back laughter when she said “OMG, what happened? Did you get sick from all the dog food?” Without cracking a smile I responded, “Nope, I was sitting in the middle of the road licking my balls when I got hit by a car.” Everyone in line busted out laughing and the woman stormed off. I have to add though, ""

it's even more important to have night vision, a silenced, concealable autoloader with luminous sights, subsonic ammo, soft armor, and have enough sense to not be out in daylight during high risk conditions. You can also have code words, whistle, clicks, etc, that make for needed commo with loved ones, without telling the enemy what you are going to do.

I've been practising hand signs alot,more so now that I'm an active person in my "national guard", it's sometimes tricky in heavy vegetation.

most likely, if shtf, you wont have anyone to signal or talk to, within a very few days or weeks. There's far more important things to be working on, like hand to hand combat and REALLY fast pistol work, (for needs before shtf) and prepping at least a 6 months food supply (about $2 a day per adult, if you go at it properly).

still have some relatives,which I belive will be part of my team,do know hand to hand combat,but plan to avoid it and take out possible enemies further away.
and still belive stealth is more important in shtf than ever.
food is important just as you said,still building my stocks,seems like this is a neverending story ;)

still have some relatives,which I belive will be part of my team,do know hand to hand combat,but plan to avoid it and take out possible enemies further away.
and still belive stealth is more important in shtf than ever.
food is important just as you said,still building my stocks,seems like this is a neverending story ;)

an attack BEFORE shtf is many times more likely. can you toss up a 12x12 1 inch thick pine board and break it in the air?

an attack BEFORE shtf is many times more likely. can you toss up a 12x12 1 inch thick pine board and break it in the air?
I am not letting any asshole get that close,,it's why I carry a 45,,,,the SHTF ,,,,,no one is calling a cop for help,,,,,

can you knock a 240 grain 45 acp round out of the air traveling around 1200 FT PER Second,,,I think not,,,I don't care how many boards you can break in the air

I see people talking about self defense training quit a bit,now before the world goes to hell yeah I can see the need for it and don't get me wrong everyone should be able to defend themselves ,but after the SHTF most of us are going to be carrying a gun of some kind

I can see a lot of people getting their brains splattered across the pavement thinking that being an expert in hand to hand combat is going to save their butt against someone alert and carrying a gun

and the way I look at things,the more silent you can operate in shtf,using hand signs,low klicks,the more you stand a chance of staying under the radar.
common sense to me,I sure as hell don't plan to "Rambo" around,less the baddies see me,hear me and know I'm around,more then I keep my closest secure.
just my thoughts,we all do what we wanna do.

and the way I look at things,the more silent you can operate in shtf,using hand signs,low klicks,the more you stand a chance of staying under the radar.
common sense to me,I sure as hell don't plan to "Rambo" around,less the baddies see me,hear me and know I'm around,more then I keep my closest secure.
just my thoughts,we all do what we wanna do.
I have no intentions of making myself a target,after the first couple weeks in a serious SHTF situation the need to travel out will pretty much be gone,,,most places will have been picked through at a early stage of the game,,,,why present the riff raff with a possible target

Signal1.jpg
think this been here in some other thread,but it works pre shtf and after...and you are silent!

That has nothing to do with basic self defense, many more important things to do than get to the level of breaking boards with ones hands or feet like learning signaling, foraging, evasive maneuvering etc...

it's even more important to have night vision, a silenced, concealable autoloader with luminous sights, subsonic ammo, soft armor, and have enough sense to not be out in daylight during high risk conditions. You can also have code words, whistle, clicks, etc, that make for needed commo with loved ones, without telling the enemy what you are going to do.

Don't forget you're not the only one with NV optics, some night vision optics can stand out like a beacon with it's infrared light being detected by other NV optics, also there are thermal imaging optics with some that are Dual Sensor, most if not all optics that's affordable to the layman can be easily detected if infrared lighting is on thus can be picked up by other NV optics.

It does sound like you watch a lot of youtube videos? or on the other hand you're looking for a confrontation otherwise why take the risk? In all honesty it isn't more important "it's even more important to have night vision, a silenced, concealable autoloader with luminous sights, subsonic ammo"

that's on top of having enough sense to not being out and about during daylight hours. Passive IR and starlight can't be detected by more advanced night vision. Everybody's got eyes. Not 1% have night vision, or that level of smarts. But they'll learn the hard way, or they wont make it.

no, dude. 1000's of people in the US need hand to hand skills EVERY day. Shtf has yet to occur. That kind of hand speed is also very useful for CCW fast draw and 1000's need that skill every day, too.

Latest posts

Back