SHTF playlist

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
If in a post SHTF scenario you could power a small device, what music would add to a SHFT playlist?

Bags of early jazz and blues, some klezmer, disco; Bruch's Kol Nidrei and Violin Concerto; Beethoven' s string quartets, Chopin, Rachmaninov, Handel; Philip Glass Akhnaten; film scores and soundtracks; Frankie Goes To Hollywood Relax, load of Sisters of Mercy, Hildegard von Bingen; lots of Tool, nine inch nails and earlyish Marilyn Manson (the cover of I Put A Spell On You is immense), bit of Ministry (Just One Fix at the very least), Laura Brannigan Gloria, Bronski Beat and Marc Almond's I Feel Love remake, a pile of really good dubstep, bit of Kate Bush, Purcell, Erasure's Respect, Talking Heads

Essentially, anything that makes my heart sing in some way - I figure that that would come in handy post-collapse :D

Last edited:
Being hearing impaired, I don't listen to music anymore. If I did, it would be 50's & 60's.
I feel ya for the hearing thing. I’ve pretty much given up on listening to it too. Kind of sad but if you can’t hear it what’s the point. I do think music is worthwhile though. There are threads here talking about keeping morale up during tough times and I think music is one way to do just that. I think learning to play an acoustic gutair is more realistic though. I sure wouldn’t waste fuel for a generator on a few tunes.

cant stand modern music, I was brought up with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Elvis, I also like Heavy Metal and Country Music, but I wont be playing it post SHTF because of OPSEC and security concerns.

Anything using electricity in its production is 'modern music' for me. I love huge swathes of it :D

I do tend to like simpler music made with real musical instruments, but there are a few "modern" pieces I love, like Electric Light Orchestra's rendition of "Rollover Beethoven."
I don't have a single genre that I like above all others. I like some jazz, some bluegrass, some rock, some blues, some country, etc.

And Elvis, of course :D After I saw him live in concert, I finally understood his fame. He fired up the crowd so much, there were thousands of elderly women jumping up and down and screaming their heads off like they were teenagers! It was incredible!

Yes, but while wearing them, you are so vulnerable. People can sneak up on you. When people run on trails wearing ear buds, I cringe. Easy target.
the amount of people I have seen either intent on their phone screen or jogging with earphones in, neither able to hear the car coming up behind them.

Latest posts

Back