shtf hot tub ;)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emp proof

Reaction score
Hey guys a friend of mine has made a hot tub, its simple, just a container for your water with copper pipe coming from the top and bottom of the tub (but both below the water level) and they are attached to house radiators and you start a fire under the radiators and the heated water rises and exits the highest pipes thus sucking in cold from the bottom to heat up, no pump required, I was wondering if you ran the pipes through a wall and to another radiator could you use your cooking fire to also heat a radiator and give you central heating??? Elther way this will make a nice warm bath possibe at least :) , I know a fire with a chimney would mean you don't need your fire outside anyway but I just think the idea is quite good, it is also painfully slow to heat up but if ur having a fire anyway then there's no harm in adding one of these to it surely

Hey guys a friend of mine has made a hot tub, its simple, just a container for your water with copper pipe coming from the top and bottom of the tub (but both below the water level) and they are attached to house radiators and you start a fire under the radiators and the heated water rises and exits the highest pipes thus sucking in cold from the bottom to heat up, no pump required, I was wondering if you ran the pipes through a wall and to another radiator could you use your cooking fire to also heat a radiator and give you central heating??? Elther way this will make a nice warm bath possibe at least :) , I know a fire with a chimney would mean you don't need your fire outside anyway but I just think the idea is quite good, it is also painfully slow to heat up but if ur having a fire anyway then there's no harm in adding one of these to it surely
My father in law has a tank cut in half up on blocks and under it a metal pan with a chain. He builds a fire on the pan and slides it in an out as needed. Works pretty damn good actually.

Anytime you can make any action you do have an equally usefull reaction, you are getting all you can out of resources. Thinking out of the box like this is going to be the key to comforatable surviving.

thats a good idea for when the shtf and that would work better than my father inlaws actual hot tub that works when it wants to

Thinking out of the box like this is going to be the key to comforatable surviving.

The way I look at it, once you get comfortable, you will no longer survive. Comfort leads to carelessness which leads to death in a survival situation.

Just my 2¢

We picked up a wood cookstove that has a water tank on it so that you have hot water at the ready. They are nice to have, you don't need to boil water for your dishes or your bath after you eat your dinner.

Latest posts

Back