Shortages Are Going To Get Worse Later This Year

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where to purchase a small handgun - getting my conceal carry this week and want a backup. Seems the usual places we have purchased from are all out of stock of course
. I would check some of those places and see if they would for a fee act as the FFL. Then you could order on line and pick it up there. Midway USA had in stock some of the micro9 Kimber yesterday. I was looking at them for my wife.

. I would check some of those places and see if they would for a fee act as the FFL. Then you could order on line and pick it up there. Midway USA had in stock some of the micro9 Kimber yesterday. I was looking at them for my wife.
Thank you, much appreciated
We usually do buy online and they will ship to our local feed store, but the place we usually get stuff from, everything out of stock.

The wife is starting to can about 40 pounds of hamburger today, left from last years beef. We have over 600 pounds of beef hanging in the cooler waiting to be cut up. No shortage of beef around here.

You are fortunate indeed Arctic! Our freezer is full, but that won’t last forever. I have plans to can meat tomorrow and Tuesday too. My reason isn’t because we have beef cattle, it is because I want to put additional meat away and that is my only option. Does your wife cold pack or hot pack the hamburger? Any spices?

I took a drive yesterday out through the local area, it seemed every paddock was planted with vegetables or had a herd of steer roaming it. There's no shortage of fresh food up here.

No shortages of anything in Australia that I have noticed. Not like when the ships stop sailing last year and we ran out of freezers and Mitsubish air-conditioners overnight due to panic buying. That was partly my fault as I panicked and bought a spare for the living room lol. It was a good call as I got the last Heavy Industries one in the warehouse and no more came for 6 months. Now the prices are a lot higher.

Inflation will be the issue in the years ahead. Having a pile of silver bullion buried as a hedge against inflation makes good sense to me, especially at today's low prices. It was the same before the GFC too, silver was AUS $15 back in 2007 and $25 by 2010. It had a spike, settled back around $20 and in the last few years has crept up to $30. If you buy and hold for 5 years at a time like this the transaction fees are of no consequence, it's a lot more practical to sit on bullion bars for a decade than on A/C units and Refrigerators.

You are fortunate indeed Arctic! Our freezer is full, but that won’t last forever. I have plans to can meat tomorrow and Tuesday too. My reason isn’t because we have beef cattle, it is because I want to put additional meat away and that is my only option. Does your wife cold pack or hot pack the hamburger? Any spices?
I guess hot pack. She's got her pressure canner on the stove in the kitchen and a couple stock pots cooking the beef on the outside stove. She may have to move it all inside because the wind is blowing pretty hard now.
We were just talking about adding spice to the meat but she decided to just add a little salt.
We have 2 chest freezers in the shop, one is empty and we're trying to empty the other one to make room for #18. So we're eating a lot of beef right now, plus I made a couple batches of jerkey; one was what I called sweet rum candy, the other sweet burbon and hot pepper candy. Hard to stop eating it.
I've been giving out samples of my hot sauces and already have a couple people offer to buy some.

Speaking of coming shortages, we've been stocking up a lot on salt and spices. Wild edibles can be pretty bland without spices. We're stocking up on spices for making things like mayonnaise, ketchup BBQ sauce, seasoning salt, dry rubs etc. I’ve dried about 50 pounds of hot peppers, and turned about 30 pounds of fresh peppers in to sauses.
I'm not a big fan of vegetables so the wife dried a ton of vegetables and ground them. I've started adding these dried vegetables to my food and cant really taste them.

Speaking of coming shortages, we've been stocking up a lot on salt and spices. Wild edibles can be pretty bland without spices. We're stocking up on spices for making things like mayonnaise, ketchup BBQ sauce, seasoning salt, dry rubs etc. I’ve dried about 50 pounds of hot peppers, and turned about 30 pounds of fresh peppers in to sauses.
I'm not a big fan of vegetables so the wife dried a ton of vegetables and ground them. I've started adding these dried vegetables to my food and cant really taste them.

You stay busy! We’ve been stocking up on spices and herbs too. You can never have enough salt or spices you don’t grow yourself! I grew some oregano, basil, mint, rosemary and a few others. They are all drying and will be crushed and bottled. Garlic going in the ground this week.

try newspaper and trader ads, somewhere you dont have to fill out paperwork on!!!
You're not going to get a pistol without an RI-60. In my state, if I possess both a CPL and an outstate CPL (Arizona for example) I am not required to turn a copy of the RI-60 over to the State Police. But the RI-60 will be filled out by the owner to prove transfer. Only way to get completely free of paperwork is to build an 80% or visit the seedier parts of town.

Last edited:
You stay busy! We’ve been stocking up on spices and herbs too. You can never have enough salt or spices you don’t grow yourself! I grew some oregano, basil, mint, rosemary and a few others. They are all drying and will be crushed and bottled. Garlic going in the ground this week.
We grow a lot of herbs too; oregano, thyme, several types of basil, cilantro, parsley, chives and others. These all get dried and bottled too. Onions do well here but garlic didn't this year for some reason. Asparagus grows well, and next year we'll can or pickle some. Even with our short growing season and dry climate most things grow very well in our garden, far more than we can eat.
To save on water and fuel, since we have to run a generator to pump water, we're going to move the garden in to the orchard and put everything in galvanized metal raised beds. This way when we water the orchard we'll be watering the garden too. The herbs will be moved down by the house, also in raised beds.
We're going to expand the orchard, berry and grape patches. And put the strawberry plants in raised beds by the house. Even with constant shooting, trapping and poisoning the rodents do a lot of damage to the garden and berrys.

...To save on water and fuel, since we have to run a generator to pump water, we're going to move the garden in to the orchard and put everything in galvanized metal raised beds. This way when we water the orchard we'll be watering the garden too. The herbs will be moved down by the house, also in raised beds.
We're going to expand the orchard, berry and grape patches. And put the strawberry plants in raised beds by the house. Even with constant shooting, trapping and poisoning the rodents do a lot of damage to the garden and berrys.

Very smart! I have some of the galvanized metal containers and they work great. Growing our own food really does require us to think smart and conserve where we can. You’ve come up with a plan to do exactly that! We are also looking at expanding our orchard. And as I might have said before, I have some Hazelnut trees coming sometime in December. Can’t wait! We do not have a single nut tree. How are your relative’s hazelnut trees doing? Am going to put in a couple more apple trees of a type grown by a local orchard. Also adding onto our peach trees. Love those peaches!! If we end up with too much fruit, they can always be given to neighbors. :D 😋

Anyone wanting additional bulk grains, dried beans and peas, cheese and a ton of other stuff...THIS is the place to get it from! I’ve gotten a lot of products from these folks and it has all been perfect! There are pickup locations all over the United States. It is cheaper than anywhere else I’v’e seen!

AZURE STANDARD
https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/category/food/grains/26267
Organic White Wheat 50# is only $26.95

1632766618343.jpeg

Shipping is dirt cheap.

Anyone wanting additional bulk grains, dried beans and peas, cheese and a ton of other stuff...THIS is the place to get it from! I’ve gotten a lot of products from these folks and it has all been perfect! There are pickup locations all over the United States. It is cheaper than anywhere else I’v’e seen!

AZURE STANDARD
https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/category/food/grains/26267
Organic White Wheat 50# is only $26.95

View attachment 13734

Shipping is dirt cheap.
I started building a storage shed for storing much of our bulk food in. Got the floor done and will start framing the walls later this week. Next year I'm going to build an outdoor canning kitchen. We have a small house, 1700 sq ft, so we dont have a lot of space for storage for bulk food items or for canning.

I started building a storage shed for storing much of our bulk food in. Got the floor done and will start framing the walls later this week. Next year I'm going to build an outdoor canning kitchen. We have a small house, 1700 sq ft, so we dont have a lot of space for storage for bulk food items or for canning.

A separate shed is perfect for bulk foods! Have you ever thought of a root cellar? They work best and require no heating or cooling. They can be installed in ways that make them not as noticeable too. An outdoor canning kitchen would be marvelous!! 😍 I’m sure your wife will enjoy it a lot!

A separate shed is perfect for bulk foods! Have you ever thought of a root cellar? They work best and require no heating or cooling. They can be installed in ways that make them not as noticeable too. An outdoor canning kitchen would be marvelous!! 😍 I’m sure your wife will enjoy it a lot!
We are planning on building a root cellar next to house in the hill side. Just not sure when I'll get to it. I'll need to get a backhoe out to excavate it.
We also have a 5-1/2 foot crawl space under the house that we use for storage. The shop and barn both have large lofts for storage. Everything is full.

Latest posts

Back