Shortages Are Going To Get Worse Later This Year

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted here and it seems to have gone away…
I was at Costco today and there weren’t empty shelves but I did see a limit of one per customer on TP and paper towels. Prices were a lot higher than a year ago though.

I haven’t seen shortages again yet but did see limits of one pack of TP and paper towels at Sams club today. Grocery prices are definitely a lot higher now though.
Sorry @Brent S but this is what 95% of the people are going to throw at you. This is what you voted for.
I know you took a break, and I don’t blame you for the deleted thread about you. I even defended your right to say it. It actually takes some Kahonis to be be back.
But if you don’t want to see it happen, you gotta be more open to other opinions. The rest of of us our sick of what’s getting shoved down our throats.

Sorry @Brent S but this is what 95% of the people are going to throw at you. This is what you voted for.
I know you took a break, and I don’t blame you for the deleted thread about you. I even defended your right to say it. It actually takes some Kahonis to be be back.
But if you don’t want to see it happen, you gotta be more open to other opinions. The rest of of us our sick of what’s getting shoved down our throats.

Is that how you spell that?

Edit: The election is moot at this point. More concerned with supply chain issues, prepping for shortages, possible civil unrest as a result of those issues, and some out of nowhere black swan event.
In the meantime, I am sitting back and enjoying watching the Charlie Fox that is the Biden admin.

Last edited:
That's the difference between the left and the right. The left never sleeps, never capitulates, never stops hammering their point, never just gives up, never says their arguments are moot.

This is why the right keeps getting outmaneuvered even when they are in the majority, they don't fight for their principles like the left does, they give up and throw up their arms and say "what's the point?"

I was in a large grocery store in another state last week and overheard 2 employees talking about how to "face" the shelves to make it look like they had more products than they actually had. Does that constitute a shortage? Maybe not a severe shortage, but it sure sounds like they didn't have enough products to fill the shelves.

I was in a large grocery store in another state last week and overheard 2 employees talking about how to "face" the shelves to make it look like they had more products than they actually had. Does that constitute a shortage? Maybe not a severe shortage, but it sure sounds like they didn't have enough products to fill the shelves.

"Facing" shelves is common practice.
However, when they spread a single item out across a shelf, or appears only one deep, yes, that is a problem.

I am certain we will see more shortages in the future. If it’s not from the continued covid disruptions then it will be from some other ‘emergency’. If the TP wars, meat shortages and even bottled water did not make people wake up to how fragile our supply system really is then they are asleep at the wheel. The supply system providing food and goods is phenomenal in the US. But with the huge population that use it daily it dosen’t take much of a panic to wipe out store shelves quickly. My point here is if you don’t have a pantry stocked with at least 30 days of goods then you’re a moron. I’ve been poor and well off at different times in my life. But even during the tough times, post divorce, change of career, etc. I always managed to keep something to eat, a way to cook it, and some basic staple supplies that are commonly used on a daily basis. You don’t need to be wealthy to build a pantry, Just wise.

That, the supply chain is a problem, but simultaneously Biden printing money out of thin air is causing out of control inflation. What we have on the shelves is getting crazy pricey.
Large pantries are wise to have, and will save you money. Because I don't see prices going down at all. Biden will go on record as the president who is spending us into oblivion and causing our economic collapse.

That, the supply chain is a problem, but simultaneously Biden printing money out of thin air is causing out of control inflation. What we have on the shelves is getting crazy pricey.
Large pantries are wise to have, and will save you money. Because I don't see prices going down at all. Biden will go on record as the president who is spending us into oblivion and causing our economic collapse.
I won’t dispute Biden recklessly spending, but keep in mind trump put us 7 trillion further in debt too. This isn’t a one party problem but is decades of all politicians being stupid with other peoples money. I honestly think holding them criminally liable for it would be a good thing.

I won’t dispute Biden recklessly spending, but keep in mind trump put us 7 trillion further in debt too. This isn’t a one party problem but is decades of all politicians being stupid with other peoples money. I honestly think holding them criminally liable for it would be a good thing.
And how much of that was caused by the Dems first omnibus spending bill. He tried to play nice, got him nothing.

Latest posts

Back