Shopping and hands.....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV-Kitty

Reaction score
To protect ourselves from flu or other infections and infestations, we use the alcohol hand wipes on all handles in stores and restaurants. From the handle on the shopping cart to the bathroom doors (the filthiest place). Then do our hands when we leave the stores. I was so sick Jan of 2012 that we started this practice and don't care if we look paranoid. Is anyone else doing this?

To protect ourselves from flu or other infections and infestations, we use the alcohol hand wipes on all handles in stores and restaurants. From the handle on the shopping cart to the bathroom doors (the filthiest place). Then do our hands when we leave the stores. I was so sick Jan of 2012 that we started this practice and don't care if we look paranoid. Is anyone else doing this?
Yes absolutely, everywhere we go, my 8 yr old even does it now.

Stop touching your face.

You would be amazed how healthy you would stay if only you followed that rule. Esp in a public place.

All without using the wipes etc.

Stop touching your face.
You would be amazed how healthy you would stay if only you followed that rule. Esp in a public place.
All without using the wipes etc.

We'll stick with the wipes as whatever may get on our hands outside in the stores can be transferred to something in our house..... then we touch that and rub an itchy eye or whatever.

No your body cant build up immunity without exposure and those wipes kill all bacteria the good and the bad, thats not something you want since it really puts in in a greater risk in the long run. Your immune system is like a muscle, it grows stronger with work. Every time you expose your immune system to a new sickness and your immune system fights it it creates a type of memory cells that aid you the next time you come in contact with that virus.

No your body cant build up immunity without exposure and those wipes kill all bacteria the good and the bad, thats not something you want since it really puts in in a greater risk in the long run.

Some of us don't want to be exposed to the diseases out there that can kill us before we can build immunity to it. Do you realize you're posting to an audience of people from young teens to age 70? That those older people wont respond as a young person does. I was deathly sick last year for a month. So much for building immunity to bacteria and virus while remaining healthy. When massively challenged you don't always remain healthy as your immune system does it job. Consider the ages of those you're addressing. You build immunity by either getting sick or by very light exposure over and over again. The bacteria on that public toilet flush-handle may have billions of bacteria on it, not just 20 or 50 or 75. That shopping cart handle many be covered with virus particles from the last person who sneezed in their hand and touched that handle. Those may contain anything from a serious form of influenza to a simple common cold which can turn deadly in the very young or very old or those with compromised immune systems.

Your immune system is like a muscle, it grows stronger with work. Every time you expose your immune system to a new sickness and your immune system fights it it creates a type of memory cells that aid you the next time you come in contact with that virus.

Of course. But meanwhile the disease can make you very very sick as I was for a month last year. I'm almost 70 years old and don't care to take chances. Why do you think the stores now have those alcohol wipes to help stop the spread of disease? You may consider doing some research on why people with good immune systems still get bacterial and viral and fungal diseases. Skip the alt med sites as they written by people like my friend who wouldn't know a thing about bacteria or the immune system. They're paid to sound convincing by those promoting their alt products.

I read something years ago about the whole antibacterial movement and one thing that people don't take into consideration is how much all the antibacterial products affect different areas further down the line. For instance with a septic system you don't want to use any antibacterial products that would go down the drain due to the fact that a healthy septic system needs that bacteria to function correctly. Just as with prescribed antibiotics. If you were to take say amoxicillin for an extended period of time it will probably land you an extended stay at your local hospital. There is a difference between pharmaceutical antibiotics and natural antibiotics such as colloidal silver. This is turning into a book but there are good and bad bacteria that are necessary to keep everything in balance. This influx of all these antibacterials has caused these bacterias to mutate to survive. Different bacterias, different diseases. Ever wonder why there is a different flu virus every year? Same mutation for the bacterial world. Nature will always adapt to what we throw at it. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I read something years ago about the whole antibacterial movement and one thing that people don't take into consideration is how much all the antibacterial products affect different areas further down the line. For instance with a septic system you don't want to use any antibacterial products that would go down the drain due to the fact that a healthy septic system needs that bacteria to function correctly.

We live in the country and have a septic system. There are many things that kill bacteria it would be impossible to prevent them from going down into the tank an drain-feild lines and live a normal life. Just doing the laundry with detergent, with or without bleach will kill bacteria. But they recover very quickly. We've had no problems with our system and it's been 25 years since the tank was cleaned.

Just as with prescribed antibiotics. If you were to take say amoxicillin for an extended period of time it will probably land you an extended stay at your local hospital.

Only if you're not under a Drs care. They don't usually keep anyone on antibiotics for extended periods of time. And you have to report all side-effects you may have. Read the inserts that come with prescriptions.

There is a difference between pharmaceutical antibiotics and natural antibiotics such as colloidal silver.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver#Medical_uses

Colloidal silver (a colloid consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid) and formulations containing silver salts were used by physicians in the early 20th century, but their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s following the development of safer and more effective modern antibiotics.[8][9] Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed for ingestion as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. Colloidal silver products remain available in many countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of serious side effects such as argyria, allergic reactions, and interactions with prescription medications.[10][11][10]

Testing done with this product proved it to be useless for both gram negative and gram positive bacteria.

This is turning into a book but there are good and bad bacteria that are necessary to keep everything in balance. This influx of all these antibacterials has caused these bacterias to mutate to survive. Different bacterias, different diseases. Ever wonder why there is a different flu virus every year? Same mutation for the bacterial world. Nature will always adapt to what we throw at it. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Many bacteria will develop resistance, or some will call it immunity, to our antibiotics. It has been seen where one type of bacteria have passed their resistance to a different type. Not all mutate. Once vaccinated for say, polio and measles... you are immune for life as they don't mutate as does Influenza.

Septic systems are a biological system and my point is that introducing anti bacterial substances to a biological system isn't helping it work as its designed. A little here and there won't have any serious effects but keeping in mind that what you put in does have an effect on the process will lead you to work towards things like not flushing your toilet paper and using all antibacterial products. There is a science. Treat the system right and it will work at its peak. By volume I doubt a single household would pump enough down the drain through normal use to cause a serious problem. Why ask for trouble.

As far as colloidal silver goes. Half of what you find on the Internet will tell you colloidal silver is outdated and ineffective. Those sites are entitled to their opinion. However I will use it despite any negative publicity it receives. Here's why. I got a wood splinter in my hand that was in the trash. By the next day I was running 103 and was really sick. I had a red streak about an inch wide running from where the splinter was in my hand up my left arm and onto my chest. Hello staph infection. Blood poisoning had began and I started my silver. Put it on the infection site with some bacon to pull the splinter out which at the time I didn't think would work but it did. Also took an ounce internally every 2 hours. Within 24 hours I was fine. I kept up the silver treatment for the next 5 days and never relapsed into infection. NASA uses it in their air filtration systems. Silver only kills bacteria that are considered the "bad" bacteria in your body whereas pharmacy antibiotics eliminate all bacteria. Sure companies want to demonize any form of natural remedy. It affects their profits. Yet what do they treat burns with? Silver sulfidizene cream. It's all about the money.

We live in the country and have a septic system. There are many things that kill bacteria it would be impossible to prevent them from going down into the tank an drain-feild lines and live a normal life. Just doing the laundry with detergent, with or without bleach will kill bacteria. But they recover very quickly. We've had no problems with our system and it's been 25 years since the tank was cleaned.

Only if you're not under a Drs care. They don't usually keep anyone on antibiotics for extended periods of time. And you have to report all side-effects you may have. Read the inserts that come with prescriptions.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver#Medical_uses

Colloidal silver (a colloid consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid) and formulations containing silver salts were used by physicians in the early 20th century, but their use was largely discontinued in the 1940s following the development of safer and more effective modern antibiotics.[8][9] Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed for ingestion as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. Colloidal silver products remain available in many countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of serious side effects such as argyria, allergic reactions, and interactions with prescription medications.[10][11][10]

Testing done with this product proved it to be useless for both gram negative and gram positive bacteria.

Many bacteria will develop resistance, or some will call it immunity, to our antibiotics. It has been seen where one type of bacteria have passed their resistance to a different type. Not all mutate. Once vaccinated for say, polio and measles... you are immune for life as they don't mutate as does Influenza.

since when is Wikipedia a reliable source of information?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117985&page=1#.UVHmTheOSFQ
Vaccines have NO GUARANTEED IMMUNITY!!!! NONE are 100% effective your claims are false.
The CDC website says No vaccine is 100% effective.

Just look at the flu shot every year. Proof positive they aren't.

No vaccines are 100% effective in 100% of the people vaccinated. But vaccines have saved literally billions of lives over the years.

People choke to death on pieces of meat every day somewhere on earth. Do the rest of us go screaming that meat kills and everyone should go vegetarian? That the farmers are killers? That the butcher shop owner is trying to kill us? People die in plane crashes almost every year. We don't ban plane travel. ;)

Just like medications aren't 100% effective for everyone.

There you go. A few will always die no matter what medication they take and for what illness.

Treat the system right and it will work at its peak. By volume I doubt a single household would pump enough down the drain through normal use to cause a serious problem. Why ask for trouble.

The man who cleaned our tank out last time, when there was a mobile home on the land we rented out, told us they put GREASE and OILS down the drains! :eek: I told them to use empty cans and jars for their cooking oils and greases, then put them out with the trash. They didn't bother. Long story but I finally had to kick them out. They were country people and should have known better. This why I get so ticked off when country people make disparaging remarks about city people. Idiots are idiots no matter where they're from.

As far as colloidal silver goes. Half of what you find on the Internet will tell you colloidal silver is outdated and ineffective. Those sites are entitled to their opinion. However I will use it despite any negative publicity it receives. Here's why. I got a wood splinter in my hand that was in the trash. By the next day I was running 103 and was really sick. I had a red streak about an inch wide running from where the splinter was in my hand up my left arm and onto my chest. Hello staph infection.

Not to be argumentative, but you can't know it was staph unless it was cultured in a lab. And also keep in mind that many times infections clear up spontaneously. CS has never shown to be of any use in bacterial infections.

Blood poisoning had began and I started my silver.

Blood poisoning? Again, you're "self diagnosing" unless your Dr did a culture on the bacteria. "Self-diagnosing" is common on all the alt med sites. CS has never shown itself effective for blood-poisoning or any gram negative or positive bacteria.

Put it on the infection site with some bacon to pull the splinter out which at the time I didn't think would work but it did. Also took an ounce internally every 2 hours. Within 24 hours I was fine.

Your immune system wiped out the bacteria, not the CS. Your "testimonial" needs to be accompanied by medical records or, and I'm not being rude, it's as meaningless as the testimonials written by paid writers that they were cured by shark fin powder or dangling a dead chicken over a smoldering fire while chanting Kimbaya.

I kept up the silver treatment for the next 5 days and never relapsed into infection. NASA uses it in their air filtration systems. Silver only kills bacteria that are considered the "bad" bacteria in your body whereas pharmacy antibiotics eliminate all bacteria. Sure companies want to demonize any form of natural remedy. It affects their profits. Yet what do they treat burns with? Silver sulfidizene cream. It's all about the money.

You're repeating what the alt websites pay professional writers to write. :) CS was found to be useless. And since it has no brain it cannot choose what to kill and what not to kill if indeed it can kill anything. THINK!!!!!!!!!! How would it know one bacteria from the other?

Did your Dr do a sensitivity test to find out just which bacteria was infecting the wound? If not, you can't really know what happened.

No vaccines are 100% effective in 100% of the people vaccinated. But vaccines have saved literally billions of lives over the years.

People choke to death on pieces of meat every day somewhere on earth. Do the rest of us go screaming that meat kills and everyone should go vegetarian? That the farmers are killers? That the butcher shop owner is trying to kill us? People die in plane crashes almost every year. We don't ban plane travel. ;)

There you go. A few will always die no matter what medication they take and for what illness.

So you are saying its ok for some to die from medication, vaccination, ect. for "the greater good" just trying to clarify.

Many of the diseases we vaccinated for were well on the decline before the vaccines were created. This was due to advances in sanitation not advances in medicine.

http://www.vaclib.org/sites/debate/web1.html

The only way to build up TRUE immunity to Chicken Pocks, Scarlet fever, Measles, ect. is to get them.

since when is Wikipedia a reliable source of information?

Since when are the quack sites you recommend a reliable source of information when written by people with noi medical training or knowledge are paid to write them? :) There are many sites on the uselessness of CS.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117985&page=1#.UVHmTheOSFQ
Vaccines have NO GUARANTEED IMMUNITY!!!! NONE are 100% effective your claims are false.
The CDC website says No vaccine is 100% effective.
Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem. No one, NO ONE including myself ever claimed they were 100% effective. Go back and reread the thread.

And I see you once more avoided answering the questions I've asked of you several times now.

Since when are the quack sites you recommend a reliable source of information when written by people with noi medical training or knowledge are paid to write them? :) There are many sites on the uselessness of CS.

just quoting you if I have to provide a truly reliable source so do you :D
Call me a quack all you want. I'll practice what I want and you can practice what you want.

So you are saying its ok for some to die from medication, vaccination, ect. for "the greater good" just trying to clarify.

So just to clarify, and I asked first, you're saying it's OK for BILLIONS to die worldwide from preventable diseases to save the few who have bad reaction and die? Do you want to go back to the days before vaccines and antibiotics when epidemics killed Billions? Do you want to remove MEAT from all the stores and homes because every year a few people choke to death on it? How about cars? Look how any die on the roads. Are you spewing anti-car nonsense on car and travel forums?

Many of the diseases we vaccinated for were well on the decline before the vaccines were created. This was due to advances in sanitation not advances in medicine.

Which diseases? You write like Marge, a paid writer for the alt meds. You make sure you remain VAGUE and never directly answer a question. Not all diseases depend on poor sanitation to spread. Did you look them up to see which ones they are? I'll give you the first two for free - Tetanus and Influenza. :) The site below is a typical alt med site. Only Typhoid fever would apply. The rest do not depend on sanitation. The cleanest home or neighborhood can house a person suffering from antibiotic resistant TB, or a virulent form of the flu, or one of the other contagious diseases. Odd you fail to mention that FACT every time. We don't live in a 3rd world Nation where sewerage is running down the streets and souring fly covered ducks and other meats are hung from hooks in shop windows. Good sanitation helps prevent 'some' disease but can't be compared to being vaccinated.

http://www.vaclib.org/sites/debate/web1.html

The only way to build up TRUE immunity to Chicken Pocks, Scarlet fever, Measles, ect. is to get them.

True immunity develops when vaccinated also. No, not 100% of those vaccinated will develop immunity, but almost all will.

Find a website not written by professional writers paid by the alt med fanatics. Find sites with information from the American Universities such as Vanderbilt in TN or Columbia in NYC. I guess you are so unaware of what vaccines can do that you don't know the rabies vaccine prevents rabies in vaccinated dogs and cats. Almost all will develop immunity. Did you know that? What do you think wiped out polio in people and distemper in dogs, panlukopenia in cats? None of these diseases were dropping in number because of modern toilets or cleaner kitchens. When I was a child kids around us in Brooklyn NY were getting polio and ending up in iron lungs and some died. Do you know that? Where were you and these quacks in the 1940s and 50s before we were all vaccinated? Not one of the children who were vaccinated with me developed polio. And no sewerage was running in the streets or public water pumps in those days.

When you're in a corner you refuse to address the issues being discussed, ignore them and come up with more alt med sites written by nobodies mostly and pro writers and paid shills.

Ill just agree to disagree. All I can say is that I've cured myself of a blood infection overnight. Bronchitis in 2 days. Now since I know about how to use it properly. I haven't been sick to the point I missed work in 5 years. As soon as I feel something coming or hear of a bug I dose up and it works for me. Any website information. Cannot be trusted. Like the Geico commercial where the girl is going on a date with the "French model". Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Plus I'm not selling anything. The bacon I thought was total bs. I tried to dig the splinter out but it was too deep so I was willing to try anything. And as deep as it was, the next day it was out. Bacon pulls wood splinters. Any fatty animal meat is supposed to work. And I can't back it up with a medical report since I refuse to go to a doctor for anything I can fix myself.

One quick point that should be mentioned. If there is a doomsday event. Modern medicine will be affected as well. It would be wise to have a back up plan involving alternative medicine Know your herbs and what they do. It might be the difference between life and death someday. This is a prepping forum. Every discussion ends with a worst case scenario.

Latest posts

Back