Shippers Frantic After China's Busiest Port Shuts Container Terminal Due To Covid

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been a dewalt fan for years but the Milwaukee tools are more ergonomic and comfortable. Both do the job though.

Dewalt is owned by Black and Decker and oddly enough made ( this side of the pond anyway) with Bosch machinery.

Stanley, which I always equated with cheap tools, surprisingly owns loads of other brands.

Stanley, which I always equated with cheap tools, surprisingly owns loads of other brands.

I found a Stanley hammer while walking my dog in a campground. It has that odd looking neck between the hammer and the handle. A carpenter told me it reduces vibration which is important for carpenters after hours of hammering. I still have it years later and it works fine.

The other day I bought a Dewalt cordless drill. Made in Mexico, better than China, or so I thought. Turns out the drill bit slips in the chuck. I can't tighten it enough. They don't make a drill that uses a chuck key any more. I'll have to return it. That's another 250 mile round trip at $4.00 a gallon gas.

The other day I bought a Dewalt cordless drill. Made in Mexico, better than China, or so I thought. Turns out the drill bit slips in the chuck. I can't tighten it enough. They don't make a drill that uses a chuck key any more. I'll have to return it. That's another 250 mile round trip at $4.00 a gallon gas.
I’m driving 3 hours each way to pu a finish mower for the tractor today. I’m saving 550$ by driving to Tennessee for it. I was questioning wether it was really worthwhile to save the money vs the wear and tear on the car and trailer, fuel, 6 hrs or travel, etc. you just made me feel better about the decision with the drill comparison though. Doing that trip just for the drill just isn’t worthwhile. Waiting until you are going in that direction anyways makes it work out though.
The other day I had bought a loaf of whole grain bread from a grocery. It was moldy in two days. I wanted to return it but figured the trip and time just wasn’t worth the 4.50 it cost so It went into the garbage bin…. I try to look at cost or risk vs benefit or reward on most things. (Normally it would have went into the compost bin but my dogs love bread and would likely have snuck over there)…

I’m driving 3 hours each way to pu a finish mower for the tractor today. I’m saving 550$ by driving to Tennessee for it. I was questioning wether it was really worthwhile to save the money vs the wear and tear on the car and trailer, fuel, 6 hrs or travel, etc. you just made me feel better about the decision with the drill comparison though. Doing that trip just for the drill just isn’t worthwhile. Waiting until you are going in that direction anyways makes it work out though.
The other day I had bought a loaf of whole grain bread from a grocery. It was moldy in two days. I wanted to return it but figured the trip and time just wasn’t worth the 4.50 it cost so It went into the garbage bin…. I try to look at cost or risk vs benefit or reward on most things. (Normally it would have went into the compost bin but my dogs love bread and would likely have snuck over there)…
Just about everywhere we go is at least a 3 hour trip. With the price of fuel and our time I combine it with other stops as much as possible. I'll take the drill back next week. I still need some more tools for my boat building project, and I'll start ordering lumber for it.
One good thing about selling the cattle is I'm not hauling hay all summer. I've got enough hay and grain to finish the steers in the feedlot until butcher time.
I'm really looking forward to this winter. No feeding or breaking ice twice a day.

Latest posts

Back