Helpful Info. Sharpening hand woodworking tools

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
Good info on sharpening woodworking tools

Attachments

• sharpening_hand_woodworking_tools.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
keeping them tools sharp is so important,most accidents happen when you use dull tools,you have to apply more force than neccesary and voila....where's the band-aid???

I can't stress your comment enough to those who are urban preppers or city dwellers. I am sure if Roninsensei were to comment, he would state that a dull knife or sword is only good for one thing and that is to be used as a hammer. I try really hard to keep all my every day sharps such as my EDC knife and multitool, sharpened right after use. If I have time, I try and place a quick edge just before using it too. It all depends on the job.

Those that I've got in BOB's, etc. I typically give them an inspection at least quarterly, similar to how I check all my gear for dry rot, replacement parts, etc.

Yes and your comment about less band-aids can't be overstressed, dull items, even a simple mil spec collapsible shovel, should have a fine edge to it. We were trained to use them as weapons in the military, so I've always made a point of sharpening mine to a fine point. It also comes in handy when digging hard ground or frozen ones too.

Thanks for the comment Jontte

my pleasure Bob,did see my dad once use something less sharp,with the resulting injury was ;it went right through his hand,just 'cause it was dull and he had to use force,at that moment he looked at me and said;son,always keep these things sharp,otherwise you'll do the same stupid thing I did and then a few swear words

downloaded pdf :)

Latest posts

Back