Sharing some of my favorite resources

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alawishus

Reaction score
Jackie Clay is a homesteader and knows everything there is to know. She really has some helpful info about canning food. http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/JackieClay/

This girl experiments with using food storage on a daily basis. She has some really great frugal tips and strategies (such as "Magic Mix" and using canned eggs just to name a couple). http://everydayfoodstorage.net/

What are some of your favorite resources?

I have been googling alot but I haven't found one site that i consistently refer back to. I will check these out though!

I lied..Mother Earth News has been a favorite of mine for over 15 years now and I read books written by Peggy layton
Jeepgirl: one of my favorites is Mother Earth News also. I have a 8 gig flash drive that is full of stuff from there. Im going to try to print all I can from it because when TSHTF there AIN'T going to be anymore utilities to use my PC. I will sure try the sites you mentioned Alawishus. Also welcome to the forum. You will find that most of the time we are serious but we also like to joke around with eachother. You won't find any nicer or more helpful bunch of folks anywhere like here.

It's the best resource I have ever found. My ex-husband has issues from the 70's that were his parent's. I'm wondering how to snag them. I don't think asking for them will work :eek: I am working on a binder on how to do everything..this will be left for the kids in case there are no libraries or info.

It's the best resource I have ever found. My ex-husband has issues from the 70's that were his parent's. I'm wondering how to snag them. I don't think asking for them will work :eek: I am working on a binder on how to do everything..this will be left for the kids in case there are no libraries or info.
That's what Im thinking of. At least if I print it all out, I will have that to fall back on. I will have to get more ink and paper to print all the info that is on the flash drive but I think it will be worth it. You sure have some great ideas on gardening. I will have to pick your brain on gardening also. You have sure been a great source of info since you've been here. Thanks alot.

me? lol I know a little bit about everything. A Jane of all trades and a Master at nothing! haha thank you, it's nice to hear that!

me? lol I know a little bit about everything. A Jane of all trades and a Master at nothing! haha thank you, it's nice to hear that!
You know I like to joke alot but Im serious about all the ideas I got from you. I think you are one great CHICK.

Jeepgirl, you might also pick up the Foxfire series for your boys. Excellent books.

redcross.org has some great preparedness tips.. You need a list of essential phone numbers/addresses/emails for each department in case of any disaster (water dept., transportation, utility, local weather channel and media, police, fire). They will be able to tell you if your drinking water has been compromised, what roads are impassible if you need to bug out, where the power outages are, etc.) Each county will have it's own regional disaster plan. You can get a copy of it for free. Some other sites to check out for info:
www.noaa.gov
www.nhc.noaa.gov

Jeepgirl, you might also pick up the Foxfire series for your boys. Excellent books.

I have girls but that's ok lol I just looked it up and that's cool! I will have to get some of them. We are taking all 3 girls (boyfriend has daughter too) on a survival camping trip this Summer. My kids have so much interest in this stuff! Kids are the best survivors...they eat just about anything, they don't care if they are dirty, and fire is always cool!

I'm sorry. For some reason, I had it in my head that you had boys! The books are good and it's a good look into yesteryear.

Oh, I also found an old boyscout manual at an antique bookstore. It's over an inch thick of plant identification, fire starting, water storing, etc.

Latest posts

Back