sewing skills: Bra's and essentials

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LillyBell

Reaction score
well I am still a newbie at designing and sewing my own patterns and clothes but have any of you figured out how to make a new bra from old underwires. I can shorten the band but I would prefer to make a bra that is actually comfortable and works. most bras are for those who don't actually need much of one. I need to expand my skills but I need easy to make since I can only seam to make cotton non stretch tee shirts... it is a good thing I am not a skirt person because dresses it turned out were too hard. I can make pants but they end up too big at first I have to take them in to make them work.

I would like to make the essentials in life. Have any of you looked into learning this? Do you have advice?

well I am still a newbie at designing and sewing my own patterns and clothes but have any of you figured out how to make a new bra from old underwires. I can shorten the band but I would prefer to make a bra that is actually comfortable and works. most bras are for those who don't actually need much of one. I need to expand my skills but I need easy to make since I can only seam to make cotton non stretch tee shirts... it is a good thing I am not a skirt person because dresses it turned out were too hard. I can make pants but they end up too big at first I have to take them in to make them work.

I would like to make the essentials in life. Have any of you looked into learning this? Do you have advice?

Fortunately I grew up learning these skills. My mother is a great seamstress as was my great-grandmother. I have made anything from a simple apron to a wedding dress or a three piece suit.

The best advice I can give and you might not want to hear it...lol. Try looking in your area for sewing classes. Many of the fabric stores offer such things and also look into your local agricultural extension services, such as 4-H or something of that kind. Many also offer classes or you might be able to hook up with someone experienced and be a sewing buddy. I understand on the financial front of maybe not being able to afford classes. Also on local craigslist you might be able to find someone willing to teach.

Hope you find a way to go and learn. If I were close by it would be a pleasure to show you some tricks of sewing. Good luck!

don't intend to interupt but sewing skills are good for guys also and what I picked up from my ex and my grandma I'm ever so greatful...but even if my ex is amazingly good with sewing she never tried to do a bra,said to many pieces

Latest posts

Back