Seven Survival Shelters That Could Save Your Life

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice PDF clydesdale. Shelters is something I have research alot and practiced alot. With my son we have studied the areas where we might end up to discover what resources are avalable there for a shelter. Of course in the winter, especially where I am and at the elevation where i'd most likely want to be your options decrease. Luckily theres lots of snow and a snow shelter is easy to construct and more a life saver than you would tend to believe. My son and myself have built a few which took about 1 1/2 hours to complete and with the area you'd be in higher than the opening where you enter thats where the heat goes and from my experience it was comfortable compared to the outside temp.
We have built three of the designs in your PDF and learning how to build several types of shelters is a must as is learning how to survive without any man made items. Learn how to start a fire with two sticks or learn to have patience when trying to catch something to eat.
When I no longer have to deal with dial-up i'll have to share this snow shelter video.

Very nice PDF clydesdale. Shelters is something I have research alot and practiced alot. With my son we have studied the areas where we might end up to discover what resources are avalable there for a shelter. Of course in the winter, especially where I am and at the elevation where i'd most likely want to be your options decrease. Luckily theres lots of snow and a snow shelter is easy to construct and more a life saver than you would tend to believe. My son and myself have built a few which took about 1 1/2 hours to complete and with the area you'd be in higher than the opening where you enter thats where the heat goes and from my experience it was comfortable compared to the outside temp.
We have built three of the designs in your PDF and learning how to build several types of shelters is a must as is learning how to survive without any man made items. Learn how to start a fire with two sticks or learn to have patience when trying to catch something to eat.
When I no longer have to deal with dial-up i'll have to share this snow shelter video.
I need to get out there with my son and start practicing this as well. I know many will use tents, but i fear that will stick out like a sore thumb!

We have also looked at alot of small caves and come accross alot with critters in them. We have also come accross other small groups who were doing the same thing. 2 or 3 guys who were plotting caves around the area just as we were. I know there are some spots that are not known, at least it was expressed. these are areas where we had to climb by rope up 30-60 feet to the opening and if you came down it would be at least 70ft from the top. These have been plotted on my map and when shtf I'll have to think as anyone in the same situation would think and do the most work to get to the most isolated caves.

I posted some text on an alleged area in Sequoia Nat'l park near boyden caverns where military vehicles have been seen and have dissapeared and it got me thinking. The tour at boyden caverns only covers 4% or so of the actual volume of these caverns. The gov't could be occupying a large portion of whats there and nobody would ever know. Makes me want to investigate for myself as I've wanted to follow some of these vehicles traveling up the mountain to see how far I can get. either way at some point i'd be order at gun point to stop.
Just a thought and a feeling I have.

Latest posts

Back