setting up a GO vehicle

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdnkbear

First Day Posting Record! 38 Messages
Reaction score
i , for one, am interested in fixing my raptor for my "when the shtf truck",, maybe some light armor, bullet proof glass, etc.. any ideas, suggestions, comments ,( pauses and waits for Hades to get back from a smoke break)..

Well you could go with the tube bumpers just in case you need to run some one over or push stuff out of the way.

tubes are a good idea, easily repaired. thanks Fordrocks.

mine gets between 12 to 15, IF i keep my foot out of it.

Snorkel, raised diff breathers, winch, set of snow chains, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, wire mesh over some windows?, raised suspension?, radio, 12v compressor, spare tyres and that tyre slime stuff u can put in to sort small holes, spot lights forward and rear, power inverter, 12v fridge, ,,, search for "overlanding" websites good kit on them

i , for one, am interested in fixing my raptor for my "when the shtf truck",, maybe some light armor, bullet proof glass, etc.. any ideas, suggestions, comments ,( pauses and waits for Hades to get back from a smoke break)..
I would not use your raptor, but that's just me.

Snorkel, raised diff breathers, winch, set of snow chains, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, wire mesh over some windows?, raised suspension?, radio, 12v compressor, spare tyres and that tyre slime stuff u can put in to sort small holes, spot lights forward and rear, power inverter, 12v fridge, ,,, search for "overlanding" websites good kit on them
EMP do you know what a ford raptor is no need for half that stuff

Dont depend on the newer trucks or cars to many electronics on board.Find yorself something old and with a carb and points ignition. Old suburban,blazer,bronco,land cruiser,jeep,anything 4 wd. Hell even a big ### old stationwagon would work.

EMP do you know what a ford raptor is no need for half that stuff
Yeah I am very nice truck mate, I don't know the spec on em though? Couldn't hurt to set it up for wading you never know what the weather might throw at you

Does it have pipe on the diff breather routed up nice and high? Because with this fitted and a snorkel and a good spray of wd40 on the electrics and youl be able to go through some suprisingly deep water

I'm only familiar with land rover defenders very capable especialy if you do the mods I listed

This truck is by far the best off road truck you can buy stock hands down better then landrover better then any jeep it's has stock lockers 6.2L motor made to desert race or crawl and even take her swimming it one hell of a sweet truck.

Best truck now but after shtf I would prefer a landy diesel engine they will run on almost any liquid fuel including parrafin and kerosine an all that, not the best mpg but better than you'd get from a 6.2 .... While fuels everywhere you win hands down and you deffo have more fun but for a bug out vehicle I'd still choose a good old landy, they go forever over anything through anything you can kit them out so hard , like I said you win but my advice would be to stock up on fuel, the area I live in is rural and there's not many gas mains so right behind every house is a HUGE tank of kerosine for heating, we have tankers fill our tanks instead of mains supply gas so fuel won't be an issue round here lol

Latest posts

Back