seriously

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpaul

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
as far away from "civilisation" as i can get.
does anyone take prepping seriously anymore or is it all BS?
have been having a look around various prepping forums for the last few weeks and I think they are all populated by piss takers and trolling types. getting ready to close down any forums I am on and go low key, I've just had enough, nobody seems to take it seriously any more, the ones that do and in the UK I can number these people on the fingers of one hand, and most have had enough of forums and have gone quiet.

We still do here. . . Just because life in general is going well for us right now, you just never know what the future holds. I for one thinks are country is heading in the right direction now but that will always change too. As long as we have extra from the garden, it will be preserved along with our meats. We will continue improving our homestead to make our lives easier. If we need it we will have it. If not, it's not a waste.

I am definitely more prepared than I was a year ago. AND having searched topics on this forum I that I held interest in I have added to my knowledge. If I don't know something I ask here and can get an answer from people who actually have experience with certain things. It is a valuable resource to me even if I don't get all involved in some of the topics of discussion. Currently I am saving money to go to a gun show in November. I am one of the disadvantaged preppers who has to do a little at a time. I do however enjoy reading about others prepping, like digging cellars, building barns, putting in solar power and all that great stuff.

still prep,combine what I learn from the hospital,to what I learn as a combat medic,to what I read and try and build..it's just been a shitty
summer with aprox 6 days at work one off and if I had any longer off days,I spent them with my reserve unit training.

To me, prepping is a marathon, not a sprint. This race will not end in my generation but in my children's and grandchildren's life time. I will do the planning and the beginning prep and they will build (literally) upon that foundation.

I prep seriously, but I'd like to believe that I enjoy life.

Having (and using) a gym membership, giving up tobacco in all of its forms, giving up alcohol, and getting any dental issues resolved is not only good sense...but will help you more post SHTF than the latest semiauto black gun with all the doodads.

Getting Peterson's Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants and walking through your neighborhood and identifying wild edibles costs almost nothing, and may help you live well post SHTF.

Money spent taking a first responder course, EMT, or LPN course will help you much more post SHTF than the same amount of money spent on gold or silver coins (I was a paramedic, and my girlfriend is an RN).

Taking martial arts classes from an honest school will be immensely helpful. The southeast asian martial arts Silat and Arnis de Mano are what I believe will be most relevant, but almost any martial art such as karate-do (many different schools to choose from), Aikido, Choy le fut gung fu (and so on) would be almost as good.

Prepping isn't just about stashing stuff and having a stockpile of guns.

A lone person in an empty house can be better prepared than an armchair commando hiding in an armoured fortress with a year's worth of food and a hundred guns.

Just my 2 cents.

@Kevin L Is correct. Don't let your alligator mouth overload your rabbit azz. When I taught beginning Kempo, I could always pick out the new students that where going to go and get their butts whipped out on the street. Learn your skills in as many things as possible but never believe you are the King / Queen of bad because there is always somebody badder than you are. My second instructor thought he was king Kong, 21 stitches later and the had learned. Black belt and big mouth does not always stop fast hand with a knife. The best course of action, know your stuff and then walk away. JM2C

Latest posts

Back