Seeking Survival Expert/Prepper for New TV Show

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of shelter are you preparing for if a SHTF scenario happens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephanie Alger

Reaction score
12020 Chandler Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91607
Hello,

My name is Stephanie Alger and I’m a Casting Producer with Pilgrim Studios, a production company based in Los Angeles. We’re probably best known for our show “Dirty Jobs” with Mike Rowe.

I’m emailing you today about an exciting new show that we’re working on about people with survival shelters. On our show, we’ll invite participants to live in their shelters for a few weeks and film it. We’d provide a stipend AND stock the shelter, so it’s a great opportunity to test your level of preparation!

Feel free to email me at [email protected] for more info!

And/or

If you think you would be a good candidate for the show send an email to [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and your shelter/bunker!

Stephanie Alger

Casting Producer

PILGRIM MEDIA GROUP

12020 Chandler Blvd., Ste. 200

North Hollywood, CA 91607

(818) 853-0229 direct

(818) 847-7938 fax

(818) 200-8947 mobile

Attachments

• LastFamilyFlyer2 JPEG.jpg
    LastFamilyFlyer2 JPEG.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Dear Ms. Alger,

Related to your poll. That is a bit of an issue based on the event and response.

Also you might want to edit your poll, just feedback here.

Bunker-Bug In. You mean Bunker as a separate question. Some Bunkers exist on a home residence and others at a disassociated BOL site away from the primary residence
Bug-in: I am not leaving my home. In the case of Emergency Management or Fed's, they would call that Shelter in Place
Above Ground Bunker: Are we talking above ground storm shelter? We have those in Texas, some are very well built, but if you ask the guys at Texas Tech and Oklahoma University about them, they will list the pro's and con's. Are we talking masonry or concrete bunkers or a temporary partially exposed bunker. Also, I would not consider a half buried shipping container a bunker. In my definition that is still a shipping container. See comments regarding past threads discussed on DPF.
Bug Out -pretty self explanatory.

Good preps to you.

Howdy Stephanie, from out in west Texas. Good luck with your project! And keep us posted. I LOVED Mike Rowe & the 'Dirty Jobs' series. I hope y'all can do as well with your new venture.

Sounds like this is more specifically for folks who have built shelters. Likely a pretty niche group.
Not to mention some real production challenges. Shelters aren't spacious typically, so could be a difficult shoot.

I've done a little reality TV before, once by choice (wife and I were on TLC's "A Wedding Story"), another time, just by chance (picking a restaurant where they were actively filming an episode of "Party Down South"), so I know they use a small crew, but even still, will be tough to find participants with shelters and tough to actually shoot.

Cool compensation though, especially as most would likely come from sponsors like Wise foods, etc.

Myself though, we're just holing up here on the ranch, not an actual shelter. (and I don't feel far enough along yet to showcase any preps). Though I guess one is rarely ever "done". I'm not as gung-ho on Op-Sec as most, but there is something to be said for it.

Here is a potential script for a Movie, Gorgeous blond TV Journalist returns from Nevada filming preppers in their bunkers when TSHTF, our heroine rounds up her precocious teenager daughter and disfunctional son, plus her film crew colleagues and some good ole boys and sets out to go back to the prepper base and find safety.

Unfortunately, anyone who is serious about there level of preparedness would not become involved with the media, anyone willing to become involved with the media is not serious about there level of preparedness.

The media is the very reason why we have the label we do.

Last edited:
The media is only looking for prime time ratings, advertising revenue and they simply do not care whose lives they wreck in the FALSE name of public interest. But for some naive fools it gets them their 15 minutes of fame as seen on Nat Geos Doomsday Preppers and similar shows.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back