Seeds at Dollar Tree

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned a lesson from squash...and now I pay closer attention to what I am planting where. I save seeds. I planted two different varieties of squash...zucchini and yellow squash next to each other...from saved seeds I had great luck with for several seasons. I harvested the seeds and planted them the following season. The "squash" that was produced was not what I expected! Cross pollination is amazing! They grew into amazing plants but the produce was not so amazing! Now I am very careful about what I plant where...hybrids.

We save seeds yearly and keep seeds for 2-3 years , wash and dry , sometimes let them ferment in a jar , have had pretty good luck so far . I think it's all about the drying and storing in a cool place.
Same here slowly, need to keep some seeds for a minimum of 2 years before they will germinate at all, like watermelons. Wash, dry separately and store dry. Then, before planting, we put them in water, those which sink are good still and those floating are dried up or empty and get ditched.
We are planting red onions, white onions, garlic, parsnips and peas today for the spring early crop!!!
seeds.JPG

Last edited:
I was just given a bag full of multiplying onions from a neighbor that I need to get in the ground. Tomorrow I have to go back down to mom's to "baby sit" but since we have an extra hour of sleep, think I will get those planted before I go down since I don't need to be there till 8. Even on my sleep in days, I am normally up by 5. Then church and afterwards sis tells me that mom and her husband are going out to eat in the big city next to her with his kids. . .and mom wants me to go too. Yay for me! :rolleyes: I would have much rather sat at her home doing my hand stitching. . .

Latest posts

Back