Scissor control in NZ

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Zealander here, our government (doesn't matter which party is in charge) always opts for the "ambulance at the bottom of the cliff" approach, no matter what. The vast majority of kiwis think this knife/scissor ban is beyond stupid. It's yet another example of how messed up this country has become. No wonder 1 in 6 New Zealanders choose to live overseas. Many more want to leave but can't due to poverty or lack of qualifications (both thanks to our inept government).
1. Something happens
2. Politician overreacts
3. Speech writers go into overdrive trying to spin the overreaction as logical and reasonable
4. Bonus points for convincing people they (the people) wanted and/or approve the overreaction

Mark Twain on politicians:

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except Congress.

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

We have the best government that money can buy.

Fleas can be taught nearly anything a congressman can.

Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot. Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman. But, alas, I repeat myself.

Mark Twain on politicians:

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except Congress.

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

We have the best government that money can buy.

Fleas can be taught nearly anything a congressman can.

Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot. Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman. But, alas, I repeat myself.
I think I've had a revelation about politicians.

Politicians are excellent at mirroring people, manipulating people like chess pieces on a board, and lying without batting an eyelash.

Autism (with a mathematical talent) can make someone good at being an accountant . . . so is sociopathy an asset to a politician? Is being a sociopath a foot in the door to political leadership? There's a considerable amount of evidence that Bill Clinton is a sociopath, for example. I would also add Nixon and Lyndon Johnson.

Latest posts

Back