Scenario-What would you do?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay

God Like
Reaction score
Ok, prepping is all about keeping you & family safe, well fed, watered etc. And, we all have, well, many of us, limited supplies of food & water.
So, you stumble across, or, you are stumbled across upon, by 1) woamn and child, or 2) 2 orphaned children.

What do you do? considering you have limited resources, and there are now potentially other mouthes to feed??

I'll post my thoughts later.

Ok, prepping is all about keeping you & family safe, well fed, watered etc. And, we all have, well, many of us, limited supplies of food & water.
So, you stumble across, or, you are stumbled across upon, by 1) woamn and child, or 2) 2 orphaned children.

What do you do? considering you have limited resources, and there are now potentially other mouthes to feed??

Personally I would take them in. The mother could do work as well as the kids, yea, more mouths to feed but it has its ups too right?
I would take them. and I agree put them to work as well. there will be no slackers in my A.O.
That being said, if they don't pull their weight, or I find out they have ulterior motives for being there, they will be dismissed from the area.

However, I sometimes think that I wouldn't help any adult who didn't take the initiative to prepare when they had the chance as it is the same thing now. Those who do what they should when they should end up caring for the lazy. That being said, if this woman is a victim of someone tossing her and the kids out on their asses then that changes things a bit.
But, once orphans are in the mix, I can't turn them away as I am sure they are orphans not of their own choosing.

I answer this considering that I would have family with food and water barely sufficient for us:
Woman and child:I would give them some food and clothes, then a map so they can head to the nearest safe place or whenever they want.
2 orphans: host them anyway.
By the way, my idea of prepping is to move from place to place - I have no wife nor kids - so I never questioned myself this kind of scenario.

I answer this considering that I would have family with food and water barely sufficient for us:
Woman and child:I would give them some food and clothes, then a map so they can head to the nearest safe place or whenever they want.
2 orphans: host them anyway.
By the way, my idea of prepping is to move from place to place - I have no wife nor kids - so I never questioned myself this kind of scenario.
good idea about; "give them some food and clothes, then a map so they can head to the nearest safe place"

being single.i dont need to have as much as someone thats married with or wthout children.so my limited resources will be diffrent then someone that is married n all..i'd have to take into consideration that i need more more ppl..in which that would at least take some of the burden off my shoulders.so if i feel and beleave that theyed be a pluse for me to have there,and that theyed do right by me.id lay the law down.where they know that they are to help with what needs doing.and to live by laws and rules.or they dont stay.and chances are,they ended up in the situation thier in at no falt to thiers.

It truly depends on my circumstances, if I'm on the move then no given the provisions would be extremely limited, if I am stationary and established and mother nature has been good for our crop growing and water supply then perhaps I would take them in providing mom and kids health appear to be good, at this point no one can afford to be around any apparent sickness. I hate to sound cold but there is a reason why we prepped for one self and family, I didn't prep for unforeseen mouths, I don't want to be known to be the one that helps strays I don't want to be known 'he's the one that has enough provisions to help strangers' that all the gangs need to hear.

I would take them in and treat them as already mentioned- pull their weight. As a Christian, that question is already answered. Even those that are prepared can face calamities that force them to abandon what they have. However, if I did know of a safe place for them to go, I would help them and point them in that direction. If I'm on the move, I would share more of knowledge then my goods. Imagine if you prep to stay but your land/house/bug out location is in a place unobtainable, or your house burns down. In order to live off the land, you have to find land that isn't owned by someone, or its trespassing. Now, a huge crowd- no way! I may not like having to take them in but I'll have to live with that.

If able to would take them in. After some questions are answered by them away from the others. Nothing is more important than MY families safety and well being. If they cannot stay they could be sent away with some provisions if able. A lot of if's and maybes. Cliche but "situation dictates".

The fact is, depending on you're survival situation the answer should be no! Many of us have worked hard enough to obtain what we have now, Hopefully this time will never happen but just remember it's food and water out of you're mouth to survive, wish I could save the world but it's out of my hands tho....

I'd take them in, even with limited supplies, but I would make it clear that my supplies are indeed limited and they would have to work/be useful. Also depending on the situation I would make clear that their staying might only be for a short while, maybe a day or two, maybe a week or two, unless of course something changed.

I'm curious, are all of you saying that you would keep them/host them/etc because it's women and children? Would your answer be different if they had a man with them, or if it were a single father and child? Just curious.

chance are.id do ame with a man..BUT.no matter who it is.they have to prove them self first

I live in the suburbs off of a major highway so I would have to say no to everyone when SHTF, but any other day I would gladly help anyone if they had a flat tire ;)

Man this sucks would be my first response, I am not geared for that many people which means it's not just going to be food an water but shelter and clothing and just about everything we have. You got me with the kids, can't see them get cold or hungry !! Come on into camp you are welcome.

It would be very difficult to say "no" to a woman with a kid, but it would be much harder to tell them that they have to leave. I would have to tell them that there is hundreds of houses in my development so I would not feel guilty of turning them away, there are plenty of warm hearted folks that would gladly take them in.

if it was children i would probably take them in and raise them as my own and just work a little harder at finding food and water . If they were accompanied by adults they would be on there own .

Latest posts

Back