Saying no to unprepared families

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those deer got my respect as i now only carry insurance on the other person. I got bell whistles but they not pay any attention. I start back using only hand tools as i believe they will turn out the power on us. Figure I better get into half decent shape it will be all we have to work with. Stock up on picks, hoes. shovels. post hole diggers, double blade ax. rakes.
I started replacing all my old hand tools this year too. It's great having a tiller, but you need a backup if no gas is available, as well as saws, axes etc.

The lack of trust is one of the biggest reasons why we as Preppers, Survivalists or whatever you want to label us is the reason we need to meet now. We need to get to know each other because the more support you have the more likely you will survive. The round-ups are great ideas but local should try and reach out too. When the SHTF we will need radios to stay in contact because of the great distances but there will be experiences to be shared and that will be extremely important.
I like the common scense being shared in this thread.

I told people that know me if the SHTF you come by my house. You need to be naked and do'in the Hokey Pokee turn around. Show me you got no gun tape on your back. People will kill for food. Brent you may also want grain grinder , meat grinder. I got a coffee grinder fit over wide mouth mason jar.

Tell me honestly, what kind of drugs are you on nubria? It's obvious that you're not a student of History, or even an observer of human behavior. So you are either pulling our legs or you are proprietor of a medicinal pot shop. I notice that you are from Hemphill, TX.

It all about the next day. You make a choice the right one you see another day. The wrong one who know what you'll see. You ever walk the streets of Bombay seen the spider people.? That the ones they deform at a early age. Gouge out a eye, break a arm and don't reset it. When they finish it looks like a mass of flesh banging a tin cup. They call that a great living sat on a corner in the morning pick up around dark fed if their lucky. So asking someone to do a little dance ain't bad. They don't have to stop their choice.

I know what you're talking about and I just can't undestand why man has to committ such haneous crimes against his fellow humans. I am a Vietnam Vet and I saw stuff going on, not only by the warring factions but our military against civilitions. The leadership turned a blind eye to it and whistleblowers who were not in combat positions were set to meet Charlie. But the bottom line is my friend, where are you? Mentally. Let's talk right from wrong. My, opinion? It's a very gray area.

I know what you're talking about and I just can't undestand why man has to committ such haneous crimes against his fellow humans. I am a Vietnam Vet and I saw stuff going on, not only by the warring factions but our military against civilitions. The leadership turned a blind eye to it and whistleblowers who were not in combat positions were set to meet Charlie. But the bottom line is my friend, where are you? Mentally. Let's talk right from wrong. My, opinion? It's a very gray area.

I owe it to my wife to provide the best possible chance of our survival. My tactics may be some what harsh, but people can change when they have nothing. as they laugh at Noah about the ark. They refuse to put away for their future, Its not going to happen In a country this great. They live in denial as the time draw near they will die. I refuse to be their victim they may kill me but not with out a fight.

A year if not sooner after the SHTF wildlife strays and pets will become scarce unless one is in the deep woods, you will have a group of traveling hunters taking game to feed their own communities or use the meat for bartering and or control, don't rely on the local population of game to feed the family, note: when one hunts in alaska that shot you just fired is a dinner bell to the grizzly, hungry people are no different then the grizzly! learn to hunt without a firearm.

Last edited:
I got a silent cat 177 caliber rifle for small game. Live traps for small game. I'm stocked and ready for whats to come. Also have fishing yoyo. I do grow most of my food. Have a fresh water lake in front. In the forest away from most. Hope to be left alone but not likely. I'm ready on that end also.

After reading One Second After and Lights Out, I've been wondering how I'd handle visitors from inside and outside the neighborhood who come to everyone's door with outstretched hands after a grid down situation.

I'd have no problem turning away able-bodied adults and backing it up with my 870 if need be. And I know that once you give a can of food to even a family of good, deserving people, either that family will be back every day thereafter, or worse yet, word is going to get around you have more. Remember the American Blackout youtube movie? Still, I can't stand to see hungry kids.

We're very close with two or three neighbors and would be happy to share with them. Problem is, none of them are preppers. I think they know I am because of old Y2K preps and that I'm the only one on the block with a generator.

Maybe I just tell everyone we got nothing. Or maybe I display a small decoy stash of food, so that's all anyone thinks we have.

It might be different if we lived in a protected community with other like-minded, armed families where we could afford to give an occasional gift of charity food or water, but we're one family in the suburbs, and not likely to bug out.

Anybody ever given this some thought? What did you come up with?
2 Thessalonians 3: 10-13: Don’t you remember the rule we had when we lived with you? “If you don’t work, you don’t eat.” And now we’re getting reports that a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings are taking advantage of you. This must not be tolerated. We command them to get to work immediately—no excuses, no arguments—and earn their own keep.
I am of the mindset that if you do NOT do what you need to, to care and provide for you and your family then tough crap!
I know this may cause me to sound like some evil over lord, but I, like nearly all others, hate to see kids go hungry. I also know people will use kids to get what they need. I saw this when I was in china this past summer, or the movie Slum Dog Millionaire.

I also recall a children's story about preparing yourself that had an ant and a grasshopper as the main characters.

However, in this day and age so many people will not accept responsibility for their own actions nor will do what they need to as they believe the government will take care of them.

I am of the mindset that if you do NOT do what you need to to care and provide for you and your family then tough crap!
I know this may cause me to sound like some evil over lord, but I like nearly all others hate to see kids go hungry. I also know people will use kids to get what they need. I saw this when I was in china this past summer, or the movie Slum Dog Millionaire.

I also recall a children's story about preparing yourself that had an ant and a grasshopper as the main characters.

However, in this day and age so many people will not accept responsibility for their own actions nor will do what they need to as they believe the government will take care of them.
People listen to the propaganda that all is well. I know people with great deal of money that believe nothing can happen that will hurt them. Your right that people will use kid or what ever means they can muster. The worst case I see is the prison gate open wide the worst of the worst released upon a frighten public. Were lucky to live were we do. But The scavengers will come this way sooner or later. I do have a lust green forest around me. And a sniper suit to match. Maybe God will smile upon me.

Maverick, I believe you're right. So many people will stalk the wildlife that they will be depleated quickly. I'm thinking if things get really bad and I have to get out I'll relocate to the ocean. When the fish trollers stop raping the oceans we'll once again be able to harvest from the beaches because the fish will come back. As a child on the California coast I remember always being able to cast out a line and bring in good sized perch or whatever. Could do it all day.
One more thought, what's going to happen to all those oil rigs sitting out there when men stop tending them? Do they have an automatic shut off that won't fail over time? Scarey thought.

Maverick, I believe you're right. So many people will stalk the wildlife that they will be depleated quickly. I'm thinking if things get really bad and I have to get out I'll relocate to the ocean. When the fish trollers stop raping the oceans we'll once again be able to harvest from the beaches because the fish will come back. As a child on the California coast I remember always being able to cast out a line and bring in good sized perch or whatever. Could do it all day.
One more thought, what's going to happen to all those oil rigs sitting out there when men stop tending them? Do they have an automatic shut off that won't fail over time? Scarey thought.
The rate Japan pumping nuclear water into the Atlantic it may be a waste ocean before much longer. The dead zone grows everyday.

You guys are right, the pollution will continue in our oceans. Okay, plan B...I'm going to learn how to eat insects, bats and grub worms.

I am of the mindset that if you do NOT do what you need to to care and provide for you and your family then tough crap!
I know this may cause me to sound like some evil over lord, but I like nearly all others hate to see kids go hungry. I also know people will use kids to get what they need. I saw this when I was in china this past summer, or the movie Slum Dog Millionaire.

At work yesterday an attractive woman walked in with a baby in a carrier hooked on her arm. She went into a long elaborate story how she was trying to get back home but had no gas left in her car. I actually had no cash on me, so was no help. She went thru the building for probably 20 minutes, and I noticed her again when she left. I did notice she got into a new Nissan. I hope she really was just in a pinch, because using a baby to help your profits from begging is pretty low.

Latest posts

Back