Saw's for a bug out.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
lets post up some saws to look at. I will start with a Gerber hand saw.

gerber_exchange_a_blade_sport_saw_jumbo.jpg
The Exchange-A-Blade Sport Saw has a textured non-slip Kraton insert molded into an ergonomically designed glass filled nylon handle. The saw comes with a course double cutting blade designed to cut through wood in 1/3 the time of a conventional hand saw.

Katana Boy Folding Hand Saw - XL Teeth (403-50)

Our Products: Shop > SILKY Products > SILKY Hand Saws

403-50_1599_general.jpg

Translated into English, Katana means the curved, single-edge sword used by Samurai, their weapon of choice. In tree talk, we simply say “man-powered chain saw.” This beefy, two-handed folding saw from Silky is currently the biggest in its class. And with its nonslip, rubberized grip and taper-ground, impulse-hardened 19-inch blade, you’ll make mincemeat out of any firewood-sized limb that says differently

Two-handed, professional, heavy-duty folding saw with a 19-4/5 inch blade. Can easily compete with a chainsaw! Compared with the Katana, the legendary Japanese samurai sword, it is the largest folding saw on the market today. The long, well-balanced, taper-ground blade with an impulse-hardened, non-set tooth design provides extended working reach, faster cutting and handles large limbs and trunks with no effort. The non-slip, two-handed, rubberized cushioned handle provides a sure and comfortable grip even in the most difficult operating conditions. Suitable for serious tasks like cutting large timber and tree trunks. Exceptional design, strength, balance and superior finish quality. Comes with a sturdy nylon shoulder bay with Velcro fastening and a pocket for replacement blades. Made in Japan.

Technical Features

- 19-4/5-inch (500 mm) blade length
- 46-3/8-inch (1,185 mm) overall length
- 26-inch (665 mm) folded length
- 4 teeth per inch (5 teeth per 30 mm) teeth configuration
- 2 pound (920 grams) weight
- Bar Code 4903585403500
- Comes with black carrying case made of strong synthetic fiber
- Security screw protects against accidental opening or closing of the blade
- Product applications include pruning & trimming, lawn & garden, construction
- Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship

cheaper than dirt
Category: Camping and Outdoors » Camp Tools » Saws and Pruners
SaberCut Hand Saw Ultimate Survival Technologies Lightweight Strong Versatile 24" Chain Saw Blade
Our Low Price: $22.97
Ships from warehouse:
shippingA.png
What is this?
Manufacturer: Ultimate Survival Technologies 1WG0180-CS
Item: CAMP-226
UPC: 610390101807
Specifications and features:
SaberCut one handed hand saw
24" flexible blade
Black oxide coated steel blade and handle clips
Black finish
Durable ballistic flexible sheath
Lightweight and low profile
Quick clip buckle and belt attachment loop included
Weighs six ounces
The SaberCut saw is a hand operated chain saw that cuts in both directions. It is perfect for camping, hiking, backpacking, and for emergencies. The SaberCut saw will cut through even the hardest wood. The cutting teeth are self cleaning and require very little maintenance. You can use the SaberCut saw to cut down trees, prune branches, cut a shelter in an emergency, gather downed limbs for campfires, building a shelter, and to clear a trail.
The SaberCut™ saw is a lightweight, strong, and versatile hand saw that is ideal for survival situations or around the house projects. The SaberCut™ is designed to cut through the hardest wood and is so flexible that it will work well in tight or confined spaces. Features strong nylon strap handles and a 24" flexible chain saw blade that has bi-directional, self-cleaning cutting teeth to ensure a smooth, fast action.

The Sven Saw is what I am planning to get. Seems as if it would be more comfortable to use.

Pic is posted, I like it because it is easy to carry a bunch of extra blades!

Wrap the handle with some paracord and it is set to go!

I wrap everything in Paracord. You can never have enough paracord!

And when I get it, I will review the crap out of it!

Hey Bill, I've been thinking about getting one of those, how hard is it to use, and how big of a log can you cut up with it?

Latest posts

Back