Safety at sea?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
I am currently living aboard my 48 foot ocean ready sail boat, on board i have enough dried rations to last 12 months. During the day I am moored at the quay side but evening I am moored off shore, never in same location for any length of time. I am ready to set sail at a moments notice into deep water.

I am currently living aboard my 48 foot ocean ready sail boat, on board i have enough dried rations to last 12 months. During the day I am moored at the quay side but evening I am moored off shore, never in same location for any length of time. I am ready to set sail at a moments notice into deep water.
I am envious of your living situation.
Are you prepping for anything specific?

Water world

31G6Nr25GUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
spyderco salty " will not rust "

I am envious of your living situation.
Are you prepping for anything specific?
I did not choose my living situation it chose me, I am a marine fitter and got laid off, so I liquidated all assets and moved onto my boat, while doing some routine repairs on board I was approached by someone in the marina to do some work on there boat, word soon spread and suddenly I had work again. Now I travel port to port the work is very local and i am never more than a couple of miles from my boat.I am prepping for a couple of situations, first and foremost biological attack and the total breakdown of society,lets face it its going to be safer out in blue water, and has the advantage of being able to go anywhere. the sea is also a good source of food.

Choice of boat is very important ,I went for a fibreglass hull as it is less prone to corrosion size is also an important choice i am able to sail her single handed if need be.

Latest posts

Back