Safe Lite™ Firestarter Squares

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
the first link,is the one i got as a xmas gift one year..their a wet brown in color..and they work great..the Squares can be broken up into their own squares.plus you can make each square last. by peeling sections from each square...their light weight as well..

http://www.plowhearth.com/safe-lite...htm?aff=6443&gclid=CIqG7Lqs9b8CFc1_MgodVSoA6w

http://www.northlineexpress.com/rut...term=5RU-50B&gclid=CMXiyoqr9b8CFSsSMwodm0IAEA

http://www.northlineexpress.com/rut...term=5RU-50C&gclid=CNC16PGt9b8CFcI-Mgodsz4Aeg

I make my own. . . dryer lint and gulf wax. . . works like a charm, but for the ones who don't or don't have a dryer. . .then probably a good link

yeah..also good for everyday life.and that'll save the dryer lint and gulf wax or cotton and petroleum jelly...

I haven't heard of the dryer lint and gulf wax method. Can anyone elaborate for me? As I don't have much money, I figure I can at least start by learning some survivalist methods. Thanks in advance :)

I haven't heard of the dryer lint and gulf wax method. Can anyone elaborate for me? As I don't have much money, I figure I can at least start by learning some survivalist methods. Thanks in advance :)
I put my dryer lint (pack it in cause the lint is free verses the wax, about 5.99 here, but I can make about four dozen or so.) in cardboard egg cartons. The cartons makes it the perfect size and we get quite a few from friends and family after they are done with them. Melt the gulf wax in a double broiler and just pour a little over each one. Once set, cut the 'egg lint starters' to separate.

I put my dryer lint (pack it in cause the lint is free verses the wax, about 5.99 here, but I can make about four dozen or so.) in cardboard egg cartons. The cartons makes it the perfect size and we get quite a few from friends and family after they are done with them. Melt the gulf wax in a double broiler and just pour a little over each one. Once set, cut the 'egg lint starters' to separate.

Thanks! Also, how would you go about starting a fire with the 'egg', in the wilderness.

Thanks! Also, how would you go about starting a fire with the 'egg', in the wilderness.
We use lighters around here. . .Zippos are a good option since they can be refilled. We use it for the fireplace. After adding on logs on top of some tinder, just place under and light. Normally burns for a good 15 minutes, by that time the wood has caught.

Take the lint out of your dryer, take some Vaseline, and rub it into the lint. You can roll into balls, keep it flat, or however you might need it. But it will light.

Latest posts

Back