S Ready to HTF in Austria?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Survival Lilly, probably the most widely known Austrian prepper, describes inflation, wood for heat, and a possible foreign attack on an oil refinery in Austria. Not sounding good for Austria or Germany

I just can write about Switzerland, Austria is our neighbour country.
Just now we're in an kinda same situation, just not so bad as Austria and Germany is. Partly the costs for electicity raises up to 280%, i'm lucky in my area it are just 5% - but it will be more next year for sure.
People stealing wood in the forrest is an problem we have too, but here they prefer the already cut and splitted wood.
Gas cartridges for gas stoves are mostly sold out the day they are delivered in the shops. (one of the reasons why I do own fuels burners from Coleman).
Prices for food and everything else are raising like mad. I doubt about "just" 10%, in fact i need nearly double money for my weekly shoppings, standart ones, nothing luxury. You'll see people start to safe they money.

It's amazing to see the people or talk with the people. We have different kind of groups here:
- Those who think it's just an conspiracy theory
- Those who prepare (aren't really much)
- Those who think they won't be involved
- Those who don't care about and just living into the day.

At the moment our politicans are hoping for an mild, warm winter season to solve the problems they created by themselves. If we get an cold winter with a lot of snow (which happens every few years) the it will start to be interesting....

My favourite speech in the moment is: In spring we'll see what's still around.
Myself, I'm prepared for the worst.

I hadn't really thought of it this way before but now...

To the south of my BOL2 there is about 2000 acres of pine stands. Before I bought, I researched who owned all the properties around me. That one is owned by a "Houston based real estate investment firm" their primary investor...CHINA.

Wood prices are going to go up with scarcity...

Last edited:
It's amazing to see the people or talk with the people. We have different kind of groups here:
We have three primary groups here…

• Those who complain loudly about anything and everything to anyone who will give them attention but, never have, and never will, investigate the cause of the problem because it isn't worth their oh so precious time.
  • Those who are oblivious that there is a serious, deep rooted consequence to these actions and believe that Russia and COVID are to blame and all will be back to normal in time
  • Those who know better, are ready, and keeping their mouths shut waiting for November 2022 to try to at least put the brakes on

Slight correction, Survival Lilly calls herself a survivalist rather than a prepper but she did give viewers a peek at her stored goods at the start of the covid thing. She has lots of stuff ready and waiting.

I have been cutting and splitting wood for a couple weeks and am exhausted. I don't think newbies understand how much wood they will really need. Kinda feel sorry for all those coming aboard in Europe right now

I just can write about Switzerland, Austria is our neighbour country.
Just now we're in an kinda same situation, just not so bad as Austria and Germany is. Partly the costs for electicity raises up to 280%, i'm lucky in my area it are just 5% - but it will be more next year for sure.
People stealing wood in the forrest is an problem we have too, but here they prefer the already cut and splitted wood.
Gas cartridges for gas stoves are mostly sold out the day they are delivered in the shops. (one of the reasons why I do own fuels burners from Coleman).
Prices for food and everything else are raising like mad. I doubt about "just" 10%, in fact i need nearly double money for my weekly shoppings, standart ones, nothing luxury. You'll see people start to safe they money.

At the moment our politicans are hoping for an mild, warm winter season to solve the problems they created by themselves. If we get an cold winter with a lot of snow (which happens every few years) the it will start to be interesting....

My favourite speech in the moment is: In spring we'll see what's still around.
Myself, I'm prepared for the worst.
Just got MY new Berkey water purifiers TODAY!!!! One more step!!!

My mother used to keep our house at 58 degrees in the winter. She was a "hot" person much more comfortable in the cold than the heat. I was the opposite. When I would complain about being cold, she would tell me put on a sweater. It didn't help.

Finally, when I was about 8, I resorted to wearing a winter coat around the house. My mother thought it was ridiculous and started giving me crap telling me it wasn't that cold. I wasn't having it.

My grandmother, trying to solve the argument grabbed my hands and stated "Jej ręce są zimniejsze niż lód!" her hands are colder than ice! and gave my mother the evil eye (I think my grandmother was cold too).

Reluctantly, she went and turned up the thermostat to a balmy 65 for a little while and then my father turned on the propane fireplace in the basement for me. I guess as long as the pipes didn't freeze... This was in the 70's when the prices got out of control for everything including electricity.

We have been here before and will find a way to get through it again.

Latest posts

Back