Room clearing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
If in a post SHTF event and we are in a longterm lawless world . On a LPRP and scouting for suplies you come across a seemingly abandoned house and thruogh survaliance you decide the property is clear you have to clear the house room by room . It would be best if you could do this from the top down but no chopper so that ain't happening . If you are by yourself or your companion is not a great combattant they stack behind you . you get to the door a side or rear door would be prefered and listen stay low and to the side with the door knob no noise . you have to commit to opening that door . Not locked use the door knob as with most common doors if locked a strong shoulder will open it . Once the door is opened stay back just a little clear (visibly) everything you can first see then clear to the left then right then step up to the door clear left then right step on in . find the doorway to the next room same proceadure Hallway then living room clearing behind any large furniture or any closet . leave each door open to rooms cleared and leave a chair or somthing in the dooway so it want close so you know where you have cleared . Now upstairs look up clear visibly what you can see then commit to the climb clear left then right same room proceadures as brfore . Dangerous work keep in mind when you come to a corner stay off the wall and ease around the corner looking through your weapon site both eyes open clearing as you go steping around the corner but off the wall mid way of the walk way do not bend and peak . Keep normal shooting stance with a little crouch some say a Groucho walk ( not sure of the comeidians name spelling ) You are sliceing the pie as you corner . The big secrete to room clearing that many spend $$$$ on hireing a "instructor" to teach is Gutts , observe , alert , . Slow is smooth smooth is fast .

Last edited:
Making your way through doors is very tricky business... Until you open it, you don't know which side has a wall or if the room is wide open on both sides behind it. "Slicing the pie" is without a doubt the best approach to making your way around corners, and staying off the wall is paramount, too. As far as stairs go, the person on the upper floor almost always has the tactical advantage, so you really have to be sure of what you're running into up there.

Without knowing what's inside on any level of the building, going in alone is asking for trouble. Clearing rooms/houses/buildings is a bad idea unless you have to. Even then, having people to assist and back you up is paramount. If you are clearing alone and there are any number of people inside, you will have officially stepped in it. Guts are a big part of any approach to danger, but playing it smart and using your situation to your advantage is how you stay alive. Observe, plan, act, and adapt. If you can avoid going it alone, you should at all cost. If you know you can handle it with acceptable amount of risk, you still have to observe what's happening before you commit. Make the plan that best suits the risks you're walking into and act it out as diligently as you can, but be willing to modify your plan or you won't be able to figure out the next move. If you're in a dangerous situation and your brain freezes, your body usually does, too. Staying still in hostile situations is dangerous, so adapt as best you can.

Clearing is dangerous. Being alone is dangerous. Defense always has a "Home field" advantage. Combining these things should be avoided at all costs. The prepper you're running up on may have prepared for such an event. Who knows.... They could be a friend of Clyde...

Agree if you have a team and can stack up at the door and form a stick or chalk . But if as a I said and you are by yourself or who is with you may not be the best entry team and suplies are running low you need to know whats left in that structure you got to do what you got to do . Notice in the op the house had been under survailance and appears to be empty .

Last edited:
I trained with some old school contractors to do this stuff our trip was cut short but I still practice it and have took what we did then and added some new TTP's . Actualy fun stuff on the range ... glad I didn't have to use it in the real world

Quick idea. If you can simply observe the target building for a time, watch if anyone comes or goes, it will certainly make the whole endeavor a LOT safer... ;) If you've been watching a building for many hours, and nobody comes or goes, it's a much safer bet there is no one inside.

If it appears ot be empty, then... It should be empty. I would imagine there's not much in it, or someone would have been there guarding it. That would seem quite obvious to me.

Even with that being the case, I would still be very leary of going at it solo. Clearing is no joke and is dangerous as sh*t. It's dangerous to clear your own home. let alone a structure you don't know could be booby trapped.

If it appears ot be empty, then... It should be empty. I would imagine there's not much in it, or someone would have been there guarding it. That would seem quite obvious to me.

Will depend a lot on the SHTF event, and the location. If in the middle of nowhere, could easily be empty and unlooted, for example. But, the dangers of looting places is one reason I'd rather be in a position to trade with those who do the looting instead.

Latest posts

Back