Rolling blackouts

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Markcl using your cellphone as your iPad wifi connection may be the way. Then have sources to charge both. I have a combo battery jumper/charging backup In 2 of my vehicles. Each will charge phone about 4 times.
https://www.costco.com/type-s-8000m...tarter-with-lcd-screen.product.100813421.html.
edited for the actual product.
I have phone to hotspot with but it is not near as good as WiFi .( I want a power station to play with, just want help picking out right size)

From my cell phone. I guess I should have said I dont have internet in the house. The phone is marginal at best. Right at this moment I'm getting a decent signal up at the working corral, but not at the house.
Yeah, same situation at the BOL. I get one bar most of the time. Sprint worked great many years ago until it didn't. Then AT&T worked until it didn't, then Verizon worked until it didn't.
Now I have to use a burner phone from a local Cellular company.

Yeah, same situation at the BOL. I get one bar most of the time. Sprin
I barely get 1 bar too. Have you tried a booster at your BOL? When I worked in North Dakota I installed boosters in all managers vehicles and in the office. They really didn't work very good. I'm hoping they've made some improvements since then.

@Markcl problem is they want to back up the source of connection to internet. In theory it may be good as long as the main source isn’t down. If the fiber optic is power down, so is Markci.
we are taking it steps further than they are looking for. If power is out-maybe so are the cell towers, so is Marckci. We may have given Markci ideas for work arounds. But unless the cell tower is powered, much like the Fios, it’s dead.

@Markcl problem is they want to back up the source of connection to internet. In theory it may be good as long as the main source isn’t down. If the fiber optic is power down, so is Markci.
we are taking it steps further than they are looking for. If power is out-maybe so are the cell towers, so is Marckci. We may have given Markci ideas for work arounds. But unless the cell tower is powered, much like the Fios, it’s dead.
They have generators to keep their end powered up,

They have generators to keep their end powered up,
Not always. I have lived here before the state mandated the cell towers be powered during blackouts (2 yrs ago). I lived in LA where POTS, dsl, and Fios went out. 3 miles from the switch.
I have even seen RR internet/tv go out when I had power. If you don’t have power at their source, they arent powering their lines.
I hope you are close enough to depend on them.

Latest posts

Back