Roe v Wade

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What really makes me sick is the savages in Afganstan and the republican party in the USA make war on woman, at the same time. No one has the right to force a woman to have sex. No one has the right to force a woman to have an un wanted child.

If I may digress for a moment, I'll ask you guys to consider a 19th century doctor named Semmelweis. He discovered (before there was a germ theory of disease) that washing one's hands with a diluted solution of bleach and water prevented infection and death when he worked as an obstetrician and helped women give birth. In many instances, he cut deaths from post partum infection by more than 95%.

My point in bringing him up in the context of a discussion about abortion is to mention that he was routinely denounced by most of the religious leaders who were aware of his work, as God decreed that women be punished by having their pains greatly multiplied in childbirth as punishment for the sin of tempting Adam with forbidden fruit. There were very infuential religious groups that demanded that Semmelweis be censored, and even imprisoned for upsetting the natural order, as hand washing to protect a woman's life (and, incidentally, a baby's life) is against God's will.

A couple of generations before Semmelwies, it was considered sacreligious to put lightning rods on churches, as lightning was God's punishment. The church steeple is often the highest point in town, so the bell ringer was often killed . . . when only a steel rod and grounding cable are all that's needed to protect life. A church in Italy exploded when it was hit by lightning, as the government felt that the church was the safest place to store gunpowder . . . as God would never strike this church with lightning, as the locals were very religious.

How are these points relevant to abortion?

There are many times when religion has had to modify its message and principles to account for increased knowledge . . . especially in the sciences.

Religion had to accomodate hand washing, lightning rods, an Earth that goes around the Sun, the Big Bang, and so on.

How is abortion different? If religion adjusted it's thinking on the importance of hand washing prior to helping a woman give birth (and everyone benefits), then why is it wrong to expect religion to modify its stance on abortion? Especially since this religious aversion to abortion only seems like it's about 120 - 160 years old?

Again, not stirring the pot to be a troll, but only putting out the ideas that were drilled into me since I was very young and growing up in an intensely liberal household.
You have to go back to another continent centuries ago to find an example to prove your point? The exception does not make the rule, you know that.
Kevin, we know religion was totally messed up in Europe back then. That's why many of our ancestors came here in the first place.

What really makes me sick is the savages in Afganstan and the republican party in the USA make war on woman, at the same time. No one has the right to force a woman to have sex. No one has the right to force a woman to have an un wanted child.

Sorry...some of us dont believe in killing babies.
If you want to take the pill or the morning after pill thats fine.
But when it comes to pulling the kid out in pieces thats where I draw the line.

Let me ask you this.
Do you believe that trans should be able to compete in women's sports?

Then the woman AND guy need to take the precautions, that are WIDELY available, to NOT GET PREGNASNT. It's not hard in most circumstances. It's personal accountability. . . Killing a baby with an abortion should NEVER be used as birth control or a Satanic Ritual. Yes, that is something about to go thru the courts right now. That is PURE EVIL!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...e-abortion-religious-ritual-legal-challenges/

You have to go back to another continent centuries ago to find an example to prove your point? The exception does not make the rule, you know that.
Kevin, we know religion was totally messed up in Europe back then. That's why many of our ancestors came here in the first place.
I agree that religion was messed up back then . . . and I agree that an exception does not make the rule.

My only point (which I didn't clarify) is that Christianity was different back then. If we go back far enough, then Christianity was--arguably--a minor Jewish cult.

Christianity has changed to encompass the benefits of things like hand washing and lightning rods because these things save lives . . . so why not abortion? I'm not saying that I neccesarily buy into this reasoning, as I see a difference between ending a pregnancy and washing one's hands to prevent disease, but the religious conservatives back then didn't see a difference.

So, Christianity changed (or, perhaps, it would be more accurate to say that our understanding of Christianity has changed), so why shouldn't it change to tolerate early abortion?

None of these ideas neccesarily mean that I believe that abortion is OK. I actually used to be very pro life until I started working in the medical field, and then saw the other side of the issue with my own eyes.

A Bridge To Nowhere.

I once studied a law case about a bridge that was built to nowhere. It always stuck in my mind because it had the only picture in the entire casebook. Sure enough it was a huge concrete bridge spanning a river with no roadway to it. It just sat in woods with no human activity in sight for about sixty years.

The crux of the case was a new county administrator was duly elected and the day of his inauguration he signed the contract to have the bridge constructed, which it was. However, he signed ten minutes before he was sworn into office. Therefore he had no authority to contract for the bridge. It never was completed once word was out. Thus the county never constructed a road to it because they didn’t own the bridge and there went all the big real estate deals hedging on it.

As can be seen, legal mistakes can be costly and once fraud or impropriety is discovered parties can walk away from what was once seen as legal. All of the results of the now illegal action have to be undone.

I bring this up because I still suspect that the big news about to break is that the Supreme Court will announce the illegality of the Biden administration, that the Court is unraveling things now and that may be why the Democrats are in panic with the SCOTUS. I still support the logical prospect that before we can have an election in 2022 the legal mess of the the stolen 2020 election must be cured. If not, then we will only continue to bridge our world to nowhere as well, adding more legal issues that will ultimately have to be undone.

Perhaps the leaking of Roe v. Wade was a red herring for the real possible announcement by SCOTUS.

A Bridge To Nowhere.

I once studied a law case about a bridge that was built to nowhere. It always stuck in my mind because it had the only picture in the entire casebook. Sure enough it was a huge concrete bridge spanning a river with no roadway to it. It just sat in woods with no human activity in sight for about sixty years.

The crux of the case was a new county administrator was duly elected and the day of his inauguration he signed the contract to have the bridge constructed, which it was. However, he signed ten minutes before he was sworn into office. Therefore he had no authority to contract for the bridge. It never was completed once word was out. Thus the county never constructed a road to it because they didn’t own the bridge and there went all the big real estate deals hedging on it.

As can be seen, legal mistakes can be costly and once fraud or impropriety is discovered parties can walk away from what was once seen as legal. All of the results of the now illegal action have to be undone.

I bring this up because I still suspect that the big news about to break is that the Supreme Court will announce the illegality of the Biden administration, that the Court is unraveling things now and that may be why the Democrats are in panic with the SCOTUS. I still support the logical prospect that before we can have an election in 2022 the legal mess of the the stolen 2020 election must be cured. If not, then we will only continue to bridge our world to nowhere as well, adding more legal issues that will ultimately have to be undone.

Perhaps the leaking of Roe v. Wade was a red herring for the real possible announcement by SCOTUS.
This sounds like the administrator, who knew they weren’t on the job, was trying trying to get a free bridge.
As for the biden admin, what case are they even hearing about it? Besides it would have leaked before roe.

@Model_31: The case was boring agency law facts with intention left out. But I assume he was anxiously demonstrating to certain supporters he was in their corner. The case only dealt with the contractor and the county as parties. As I recall, the county was not liable for the costs. Therefore, it can be assumed the Administrator was left dangling on the hook for damages, so if it was his plan all along he planned wrong.

A current Biden Admin case can possibly be the result of the Insurrection Act or a case not listed on their docket.

Last edited:
I was shocked to hear this woman, former 13-year Planned Parenthood worker, who left her position there, describe the kind of women getting abortions today, compared to kind of woman 40 years ago walking into the clinics. It's a pretty detailed expose of the abortion 'industry'.
In my 20's I was actually pro-choice; by my 30's, I was staunch pro-life. This video just cements that position for me.

https://www.brighteon.com/49e83f7a-6e33-40a7-8fe6-990cb7240e8c

There are lots of references in the old Testament about hand washing; requiring those with pustules to isolate outside of the community as a whole for a short period of time; and breaking ceramic food containers if mice had got into them ... wow, so much science for 'ignorant religious types,' right?

Washing hands before eating and ceremony ... a great way to minimise infections, especially if coming into contact with people on the outskirts of a community that you don't usually meet with.
Isolating people who have symptoms ... yeah, we used to do that pre coof too. Then the coof ... and then we started to isolate the healthy - you go figure.
Mice in food containers? Mice piss almost all the time - this is how kestrels and other hawks bullseye them - I don't want rodent piss in my food either.

If it were one couple with the abortion fetish, then rest assured I'd never have mentioned it. Did you see the part about chat messages in a special room? There are many - loads of them out there.

Yes, this is a very accommodating, nice and friendly space for those who like to be prepared. Let us all try to keep it this way, friend.
Okay, you were brought up Lib as was I.
So the religious and moral objections ... are you 100% sure you are not trolling?
Okay I'll try to take a run at this, if I may?
I am a woman. I never 'accidentally' made a baby because I know how my body works. I come from the UK where access to doctors is free and contraception is also free.
Yes I know triple digit IQ's are now an endangered species and that many cannot walk and chew gum ... but we now have contraceptive implants and Injections and so even the egregiously stupid do not have to know what day it is for pill taking safety - just go and get stabbed if you do NOT want to make babies! This is not Fcking rocket science.
There is also the morning after pill - go use one if you need to.
There are also a number of barrier methods - go use one.
There are more empty, miserable Nihilists screwing than alley cats these days - should they not be encouraged to use a condom to prevent the spread of disease that is easy to control by using condoms that prevent the spread of disease? Again this is not difficult.
There is marriage and not making sex like alley cats until marriage ... what happened to that idea?
And then there is sexual abstinence. This is more likely to come on in later life.
Once an individual stops, looks around, and sees how insanely narcissistic, stupid and self-destructive the majority have become ... well, they would not touch most of them with a cattle prod, let alone their anatomy.

Why are these concepts so alien in our society today?

So, morally? Is it ever morally acceptable to dismember any living creature (of whatever species) at any age without anaesthesia if it might be possible for them to feel the pain of it?
Slaughterhouses are often more tightly regulated than these so called 'medical health clinics' - Dr Gosnell anyone?

Okay pregnancy. If you do not want babies then just do not make them! It really is not that hard. There are so many methods to not be pregnant but abortion rates are off the charts. It is almost like: teachers accommodate a 16 Y O girl who says they are a man and the teacher affirms this nonsense - and that 16 Y O gets pregnant because they have no clue about actual biological reality. Wow - how Liberal ... how Progressive.

Why do you think this is a religious thing? Any person who has ever read a Bible knows that the very same Bible says that God has reserved this Earth for fire in the final judgement - why make a baby in the first place?

Let me ask you this.
Do you believe that trans should be able to compete in women's sports?
No. Should men get pregnant?
There are lots of references in the old Testament about hand washing; requiring those with pustules to isolate outside of the community as a whole for a short period of time; and breaking ceramic food containers if mice had got into them ... wow, so much science for 'ignorant religious types,' right?

Washing hands before eating and ceremony ... a great way to minimise infections, especially if coming into contact with people on the outskirts of a community that you don't usually meet with.
Isolating people who have symptoms ... yeah, we used to do that pre coof too. Then the coof ... and then we started to isolate the healthy - you go figure.
Mice in food containers? Mice piss almost all the time - this is how kestrels and other hawks bullseye them - I don't want rodent piss in my food either.

If it were one couple with the abortion fetish, then rest assured I'd never have mentioned it. Did you see the part about chat messages in a special room? There are many - loads of them out there.

Yes, this is a very accommodating, nice and friendly space for those who like to be prepared. Let us all try to keep it this way, friend.
Okay, you were brought up Lib as was I.
So the religious and moral objections ... are you 100% sure you are not trolling?
Okay I'll try to take a run at this, if I may?
I am a woman. I never 'accidentally' made a baby because I know how my body works. I come from the UK where access to doctors is free and contraception is also free.
Yes I know triple digit IQ's are now an endangered species and that many cannot walk and chew gum ... but we now have contraceptive implants and Injections and so even the egregiously stupid do not have to know what day it is for pill taking safety - just go and get stabbed if you do NOT want to make babies! This is not Fcking rocket science.
There is also the morning after pill - go use one if you need to.
There are also a number of barrier methods - go use one.
There are more empty, miserable Nihilists screwing than alley cats these days - should they not be encouraged to use a condom to prevent the spread of disease that is easy to control by using condoms that prevent the spread of disease? Again this is not difficult.
There is marriage and not making sex like alley cats until marriage ... what happened to that idea?
And then there is sexual abstinence. This is more likely to come on in later life.
Once an individual stops, looks around, and sees how insanely narcissistic, stupid and self-destructive the majority have become ... well, they would not touch most of them with a cattle prod, let alone their anatomy.

Why are these concepts so alien in our society today?

So, morally? Is it ever morally acceptable to dismember any living creature (of whatever species) at any age without anaesthesia if it might be possible for them to feel the pain of it?
Slaughterhouses are often more tightly regulated than these so called 'medical health clinics' - Dr Gosnell anyone?

Okay pregnancy. If you do not want babies then just do not make them! It really is not that hard. There are so many methods to not be pregnant but abortion rates are off the charts. It is almost like: teachers accommodate a 16 Y O girl who says they are a man and the teacher affirms this nonsense - and that 16 Y O gets pregnant because they have no clue about actual biological reality. Wow - how Liberal ... how Progressive.

Why do you think this is a religious thing? Any person who has ever read a Bible knows that the very same Bible says that God has reserved this Earth for fire in the final judgement - why make a baby in the first place?
I do know this. It is impossible to make kids not have sex.

While I have pretty well chosen to stay out of this discussion I would like to throw out there my firm belief of the concept that :

1. " You cannot legislate morality! " Why because everyone's definition of morality is different depending on individual teachings, beliefs etc. and there is no black and white just differing shades of grey.

2. I think that the emphasis should be placed on pregnancy prevention, sex education and affordable family planning and contraceptives. If someone asked me how my tax dollars should be spent on this issue as far as I am concerned my opinion would be if you want me to spend my tax money the govt would be handing out condoms/BC pills/morning after pills free on every street corner in the land. It would probably be cheaper too! You are not going to stop irresponsible or premarital sex and definitely not through legislation.

3. Making abortions illegal in every situation or "War on Abortion" will go the same as the "War on drugs". The black market abortion clinics will thrive and go underground. Will it save babies lives No, babies will still die but the body count of death among mothers will just go up.

4. And lastly everyone is all of a sudden so worried about the lives of babies what about this. Per 2020 gov stats there were 407,000 children in foster care as of Sept 2020. And your tax dollars are feeding, clothing and supporting all of them. Of those 117,000 are waiting for adoption per the 2020 stats. Want to save a life try starting there. How many have all those people taking the moral high ground adopted. American children linger for a lifetime in the system waiting for adoption while people go to overseas countries like the Ukraine for designer babies. You know pick the mother from a line of poor women so you can select hair and eye color, sex etc. ( And yes I adopted children from the American system just FYI and am also adopted from that same system at 6)

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cb/afcarsreport28.pdf

And to make myself clear I do not personally choose or believe in late term abortion but I do not think that all abortion alternatives should be illegal. First trimester could be allowed under maybe certain circumstances, medically necessary situations to save the life of the mother, rape and incest victims under certain circumstances and especially in very young girls. There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

We also adopted, the agency placed her with us, never met the birth mom -her choice, we had no say. 2 year waiting list.
Those foster kids are “in the system” and the state has full say in what the living conditions are going to be...we were not getting knives and guns out of the house when adopting a 2 day old newborn. The private agency we used requires guns and meds to be locked up until the adoption was final.
Lots of kids “in the system” have some problems, health and emotional and some been through abuse and hell. Some may never fully recover and should never be in the same room with weapons. Some are born with problems and got those problems from their parents.
With all that said, brand new healthy newborns have no problems getting adopted. Just as I say the relatively few rape and incest pregnancies (compared to the total number) should not be the justification to abort millions, the heart breaking plight of kids in foster care should also not be used as an excuse to murder millions. I’m fine for a debate on the extreme cause cases but as long as the extreme cause cases are trotted out as the excuse to full term abortion for any reason, I’m going to come down on the “not for any reason side”. When the left wants to get reasonable, I’ll get there as well.

Latest posts

Back