Revolution in Shanghai?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the data I just looked at, food from china is mainly stuff we can easily do without. Also saw some articles saying some of their rice is made partially of plastic!! Stuff like this makes me question eating store bought food again.
I buy Doguet's rice. Not sure if you can get it in Georgia. Grown and processed here in Texas and without plastics.

Rice is grown in several states TX, CA, LA, MO, Carolinas. I always look at the label.
At the beginning of the pandemic, I picked up a 25lb bag. It was the best rice I ever had, grains were twice the size of normal. Can’t remember the Manufacturer, but said product of Calif and company was out of Oakland (which I found ironic)

If you go in an Asian supermarket, there will be stacks and stacks of rice in 25 pound bags. Most of that rice is grown in the US.
rZ13p8v.jpg

I think the key for the future is going to be buying as locally as you can and where possible, direct from the farmer/rancher. It will be a good network to have established.

You said it! Everyone needs to truly understand and start building local networks now. Just got off the phone with my son and he is hard at it already. It helps that he has been friends with many medium scale farmers for years. He is picking up a large trailer load of barrels to store grains in. I’m actually going to be able to add to my grains of wheat, oats and corn as a very low price! Woohoo!

If you go in an Asian supermarket, there will be stacks and stacks of rice in 25 pound bags. Most of that rice is grown in the US.
rZ13p8v.jpg

Read where many (not sure if all) rice farmers in California were made to stop growing this year. Was part of the Water payoff to Cali farmers.

Grown and processed here in Texas and without plastics.
If you get anywhere near to HUNTSVILLE, stop by the prison and buy some one gallon buckets of the best peanut butter in the world. The prisoners there grow their own peanuts and make the peanutbutter themselves for selling to make money to run the prison on less taxpayers money....good stuff for a good cause...

Read where many (not sure if all) rice farmers in California were made to stop growing this year. Was part of the Water payoff to Cali farmers.
I think that was the nut farmers getting cut back. They flood their orchards similar to Rice. I know a friend in Modesto could only flood their property 2 days a week last year. Still lots of rice fields around Sacramento a couple weeks ago.

Those Chinese are starving from stupidity. They know from recent experience that their government will seal them inside their apartments to counter covid outbreaks, and yet they are still too stupid to stock up on food. Let the idiots starve.

ENVIRONMENT
“California Wants to Pay Farmers to Not Farm This Year
By Shea Swenson ON MARCH 31, 2022

The state is taking extreme measures to conserve water.

Both state and federal officials, as well as some major water companies in the region, signed the plan on Tuesday. Their hope is to keep upwards of 824,000 acre-feet of water every year in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta. The Capital Pressexplains that one acre-foot of water adds up to around 325,000 gallons of water—or typically enough to supply water to two households for a year.

The most impacted sector will be the rice industry, as the plan would leave 35,000 acres of rice fields in the northern Central Valley—adding up to about six percent of the yearly crop—unused.

Despite getting the signatures, including those from major water companies such as Metropolitan Water District of Southern California—which provides drinking water to 19 million people—and Westlands Water District—the largest agricultural water district in the country—the plan still needs to run through a regulatory review process before it is official.”

https://modernfarmer.com/2022/03/california-drought-pay-farmers/
So, not in affect yet apparently.

A lot of it is from Texas.

Yes. A lot of rice, no MOST Texas' rice, is grown down around Beaumont/Orange area on the coast. A lot of rice is also grown farther on into Louiasana across the state line from there. We could see rice fields along I-10 driving from Galveston to New Orleans. A side note, I read an article around 10 years ago on a rice research study about arsenic levels in soil. They tested samples, if I remember correctly, as far up as Ohio & New York in the study. Seems like very few producers were under FDA's maximum allowed level, and some were 5 times the allowed level. Arsenic occurs in the soil likely as a result of fertilizer usage runoff throughout the length of the Mississippi. The data indicated it is at the greatest levels in the delta around southern TX (Beaumont area) and southern LA. I studied the data for quite awhile because I didn't know rice 'absorbed' arsenic from the soil. Never heard that before. The conclusion of the study was that it was in the soil from fertilizer and rain/river water action getting it into the surround paddies. Made me stop eating rice totally, which still saddens me, because I LOVE rice and wild rice. Chinese food and Indian food are diminished without rice. :(

If I may go off-topic a moment: I stopped eating all wheat product in 2009 when I went low-carb, long before reading the research study on arsenic levels found in U.S. rice. All wheat is GMO nowadays. It all contains gliadin. Got to have that better tomato and the higher yields, non? Gliadin is one of the reasons so many people are getting fat nowadays! Gliaden makes you want to eat MORE because it disrupts grelin (I'm hungry! gut hormone) and leptin (I'm full gut hormone) signaling from your stomach to your brain.

Instead, in very small amounts, I cook with Einkorn non-GMO wheat (from Jovial Foods) mixed with nut flours. Einkorn wheat has a totally different chromosomal profile from ordinary wheat (different number of chromosomes) therefore the two types of wheat literally CANNOT cross-pollinate, not even if the neighboring field is Monsanto GMO wheat! Not many people have heard of it, so I thought I'd just ention Einkors.

At our house, we only eat potatoes, sweet potatoes and occasionally things baked with Einkorn flour as a starch source. I prefer to avoid arsenic even if some of that rice-born arsenic is already in me from a lifetime of not knowing this before. The one exception in my last 12 years of low-carbing is our SHTF food prepping. Have lots of rice stored in buckets. We'll all be glad to have ANY food when it comes down to starvation, no matter what kind of wheat we must consume. Getting fat will be the least of my worries at our BOL. Interestingly, imported Indian basmati and Thai jasmine rice had some of the lowest levels of arsenic of all tested samples.

https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/arsenic/index.cfmhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1892142/

Last edited:
ENVIRONMENT
“California Wants to Pay Farmers to Not Farm This Year
By Shea Swenson ON MARCH 31, 2022

The state is taking extreme measures to conserve water.

Both state and federal officials, as well as some major water companies in the region, signed the plan on Tuesday. Their hope is to keep upwards of 824,000 acre-feet of water every year in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta. The Capital Pressexplains that one acre-foot of water adds up to around 325,000 gallons of water—or typically enough to supply water to two households for a year.

The most impacted sector will be the rice industry, as the plan would leave 35,000 acres of rice fields in the northern Central Valley—adding up to about six percent of the yearly crop—unused.

Despite getting the signatures, including those from major water companies such as Metropolitan Water District of Southern California—which provides drinking water to 19 million people—and Westlands Water District—the largest agricultural water district in the country—the plan still needs to run through a regulatory review process before it is official.”

https://modernfarmer.com/2022/03/california-drought-pay-farmers/
So, not in affect yet apparently.

A few years back when we were in a severe drought, there was a similar debate going on in Central Texas.

We have a chain of lakes they call the Highland Lakes, it ends with Lady Bird lake, right in Austin that provides the city drinking water and recreation. The lake above that is Lake Travis where there is a large "variable level" lake controlled by a dam.

Austin demanded water from the lakes above, and the water levels in those lakes sunk to record lows. Many "fingers" of the lake were completely dry for a couple of years. Homeowners on the lake had docks sitting on dry land and many places that made a living off of the lake went out of business. The towns that relied on the upper lakes for their water, had to pay a big sum to relocate their inlets to provide water for their towns. Down stream in Austin though, that lake was filled to normal levels.

The rice farmers south of there did not get their allotments of water from the lake either so that the city folk could enjoy kayaking and jogging at the park.

When push comes to shove regarding resources, people in the cities will still have their swimming pools, while rural land owner's wells dry up. But still, they just keep building. It is ridiculous.

My father had a well drilled back in 1980 in OK near the town of Bristow. The guy who was drilling said there was no water in the area...but he was making money. The lady across the dirt road had a well around 25 feet deep that ran dry in summer but gave her about 10 gallons daily and then turned muddy...
But, dad wanted a good well and they hit 5 gallons per minute at around 35 feet and the guy said wow. Dad said keep going: minimum of 100 feet. The driller says there are oil wells 300 feet from here if you hit oil you will ruin the water table!!! Dad: keep drilling! At around 60 feet: 30 gallons per minute! Dad: keep drilling!!! At around 95 feet, they hit water so strong that it blew the drilling rig over and shot up 18-20 feet high for 3 days till it subsided. Dad had 6 artesian wells in his lake below the house which kept the lake full with cold clean water and the lake is about a hundred feet lower than the house downhill. He knew there was water there. Filled a 13,000 gallon lowboy pool in three days and the fire dept. from Bristow and Tulsa fill their trucks there when fighting brush fires now. The lab in Tulsa had to come out and take a sample themselves for testing since they thought there was NO well water anywhere in the NW corner of OK and definitely not that clean. Clean drinking water is PRICELESS.

Our well at BOL1 is 250'. Neighbors had to go to 450'. At BOL2 there was a hand dug well from about 1940 that was at 30 feet...I'm going to be interested to see when we drill there how far they have to go. There are oil wells and natural gas wells all around. The creek is spring fed and fairly clear but, has very high iron content.

Latest posts

Back