Retirement is a beautiful thing!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimiiam

Reaction score
Hi all....I recently retired from my career in finance. I got fed up with corporate America and retired after 26 years. Working in the financial industry, I witnessed tragic turn of events that affected my clients. Unemployment, foreclosure, medical issues with no health insurance, etc. Anyway, I walked away and am so much happier. I am busy discovering a way of life that is satisfying. I have found I enjoy homesteading. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally self-sufficient 'off the land', but I am amazed at the savings that adds up from making my own laundry detergent, moisturizing soap, growing fruits, vegetables and herbs.

Well, that's about it. I could have started with the day I was born, but I thought I would spare you!!

Hi all....I recently retired from my career in finance. I got fed up with corporate America and retired after 26 years. Working in the financial industry, I witnessed tragic turn of events that affected my clients. Unemployment, foreclosure, medical issues with no health insurance, etc. Anyway, I walked away and am so much happier. I am busy discovering a way of life that is satisfying. I have found I enjoy homesteading. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally self-sufficient 'off the land', but I am amazed at the savings that adds up from making my own laundry detergent, moisturizing soap, growing fruits, vegetables and herbs.

Well, that's about it. I could have started with the day I was born, but I thought I would spare you!!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome, I envy you being able to retire I'll most likely have to work the rest of my life because the wife and kids have gotten spoiled living indoors and eating everyday. Please share your experances with homesteading sounds like a great way to live.

Hi, I also am also retired but work a little to keep my brain in motion. I still like a fast pace.
I live a modern life when in Australia training Aborigine's life skills and return to Vietnam to teach life skills to my family there.
I try and make it mutually beneficial by teaching/training and then learning how people use the old ways to survive.
In both the Aboriginal and Vietnamese cultures, I am amazed when people point to plants and say what they are used for eg bush medicine or food.
Congrats on the life style change and everything you are about to discover (rediscover).
It's very exciting.
Yo

I am due to retire from the transportation industry in January of next year, After the last 18 years driving 5 or 6 days a week , I am so looking forward to slowing down a little bit. I am in the planning stages of what I am going to do with my time, there is no chance of me ever getting bored, between all the jobs my wife has lined up ,and with what I want to achieve there aren't enough hours in a day. I got me a garden to redesign ,and lots of trout to catch just to name a few things.

I think I work harder now than I did when I was working at the hospital. Certainly longer hours.

Latest posts

Back