retired and started secret prepping about 6 months ago. Have so much to learn.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olivia

Reaction score
My spouse is slowly coming on board. I was sneaking supplies into the house for months before he caught on. I knew he was seeing the light, when we were in Sam's Wholesale and he walked by the giant bags of beans and asked, "Can those be stored in the orginal bag?" Ha, gave me a chance to bring up Mylar bags and O2 depleters.
My biggest problem is just getting organized. I am learning to buy extra food with each sale at the grocery store, haven't been able to get into couponing yet. Have plans on going to the nearest LSD canning factory after Christmas. First have to find more storage spaces.
Have started storing water in 2 liter soda bottles. They are easy to hide in the back of closets and cabinets.
As a nurse, I think I have a pretty good start on first aid supplies. I would be happy to write about getting medicines and stockpiling if anyone is interested. Since I am so new, perhaps other people have covered this subject.
Personal protection has a good start, need to get more ammo.
The most fun I've had is just learning new skills. I do it with my grandkids and they think we are just having a fun afternoon.

WHOAH! They can LSD?! Kidding, kidding...

Medical skills are awesome. If you would please give us as much info as you can about that and stockpiling medical supplies. That would be GREAT!!

Welcome to the boards and thanks for joining. I look forward to having you here.

My spouse is slowly coming on board. I was sneaking supplies into the house for months before he caught on. I knew he was seeing the light, when we were in Sam's Wholesale and he walked by the giant bags of beans and asked, "Can those be stored in the orginal bag?" Ha, gave me a chance to bring up Mylar bags and O2 depleters.
My biggest problem is just getting organized. I am learning to buy extra food with each sale at the grocery store, haven't been able to get into couponing yet. Have plans on going to the nearest LSD canning factory after Christmas. First have to find more storage spaces.
Have started storing water in 2 liter soda bottles. They are easy to hide in the back of closets and cabinets.
As a nurse, I think I have a pretty good start on first aid supplies. I would be happy to write about getting medicines and stockpiling if anyone is interested. Since I am so new, perhaps other people have covered this subject.
Personal protection has a good start, need to get more ammo.
The most fun I've had is just learning new skills. I do it with my grandkids and they think we are just having a fun afternoon.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!​
It sure was nice of Sam's Club to give you the inroad to getting your husband on board! I admit I need to educate myself more on the mylar and O2 depleter.​
Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!​

Medical skills are awesome. If you would please give us as much info as you can about that and stockpiling medical supplies. That would be GREAT!!

Welcome to the boards and thanks for joining. I look forward to having you here.

Ha, just saw the LDS canning joke.......you got me on that one. I perfer canned wheat and such! I do have a weird sense of humor, so perhaps a couple of cans of those nice LDS women who know all about canning and cooking would be nice to have around. Maybe dehydrated, just add water and they appear in your kitchen.
Yea, I have bought some of the O2depleters and mylar bags, but haven't had enough education to use them yet. Probably will start after Christmas....if the Mayan End of the World doesn't get us on the 21st. LOL
I will submit an essay about collecting prescription medicines if you would like. I am still learning my way around on this site, so give me a day or two to learn how you work.

Latest posts

Back