Retired 33 years US Army USAR

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shodan

Reaction score
Thank you for having me.

It has been my honor and privilege to have served as a Senior Infantry Drill Sergeant. Instructor for the U.S. Army’s Non-Commissions Officers Academies to include the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy.

I spent some time as a First Aid/Infant, Child, Adult CPR Instructor for the American Red Cross in two states. And I hold several Certificates from FEMA on Emergency Management Planning.

I have been up-close and personal with a couple of natural disasters, Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989. That got me started on my preparedness track and most recently Hurricane Irma last year. Fortunately I had a plan, and have made a few upgrades since then.

With my military background I've developed a training program that I try to get locals involved in, but at times it seems like pulling teeth from a chicken.

I am still searching for relevant information on urban preparedness.

As a rational person I know that I do not know everything. And the facts are, we don't know what we don't know. So I still search for information on the subject, be it tools, tactics, techniques or procedures.

My big question right now is;

Why do smart people who live in at risk location fail to prepare for the emergencies and disasters that will come crashing into their lives?

Be Safe

Welcome from another Gulf Coast resident. I agree with GG, most don't think it will happen to them, but what I have seen in the larger areas is that they believe that government programs should come and rescue them in their time of need. As in meals, medical and if housing was damaged they want FEMA to provide all the money to fix up their home. It seems that self reliance is gone now days.

Last edited:
Welcome from a top secret location only 150 people know about.
top secret location,,,,I could say the same thing but the number is a good bit smaller,,,you must have more friends and family than I do that you are on speaking terms with,,,,,I put those who know where I am at less than 50

top secret location,,,,I could say the same thing but the number is a good bit smaller,,,you must have more friends and family than I do that you are on speaking terms with,,,,,I put those who know where I am at less than 50
Yeah with the exception of every government agency on the planet, lol

Thank you for having me.

It has been my honor and privilege to have served as a Senior Infantry Drill Sergeant. Instructor for the U.S. Army’s Non-Commissions Officers Academies to include the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy.

I spent some time as a First Aid/Infant, Child, Adult CPR Instructor for the American Red Cross in two states. And I hold several Certificates from FEMA on Emergency Management Planning.

I have been up-close and personal with a couple of natural disasters, Loma Prieta Earthquake in 1989. That got me started on my preparedness track and most recently Hurricane Irma last year. Fortunately I had a plan, and have made a few upgrades since then.

With my military background I've developed a training program that I try to get locals involved in, but at times it seems like pulling teeth from a chicken.

I am still searching for relevant information on urban preparedness.

As a rational person I know that I do not know everything. And the facts are, we don't know what we don't know. So I still search for information on the subject, be it tools, tactics, techniques or procedures.

My big question right now is;

Why do smart people who live in at risk location fail to prepare for the emergencies and disasters that will come crashing into their lives?

Be Safe
There are several reasons ,living only in the present, ignorance, stupidity, lack of thought, belief in immunity, such as it won't be that bad, it won't happen to me, it won't happen at all, I am prepared enough and if I'm not the government will take care of me, and a combination of everything or some of it.

Howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Welcome from another army veteran. I’d say the lack of preparedness basically comes down to stupidity.... people pay for insurance every month, but think it’s obsessive to own a gun and have some food put away? I would love to be with a group of like minded people to learn/train with, but have found this online forum has to be sufficient. Most hear the term prepper and think nutjob. I’ve pretty much decided to take care of me and my family the way I think makes sense and wish the masses good luck with FEMA.

Three reasons:
1. Time
2. Money
3. Priorities

Now, one can shoot holes in all three all day long, but perception is reality, and right now, for those who fail to prepare, it is their PERCEPTION of these 3 hurdles that prevent them from prepping.

Any drive for more involvement from the community has to address these three hurdles (that most don't even know they erected in the first place).

Latest posts

Back