Researchers: Medical errors now third leading cause of death in United States

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
NO Surprise here!

"Their analysis, published in the BMJ on Tuesday, shows that "medical errors" in hospitals and other health care facilities are incredibly common and may now be the third leading cause of death in the United States -- claiming 251,000 lives every year, more than respiratory disease, accidents, stroke and Alzheimer's"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hird-leading-cause-of-death-in-united-states/

imrs.php.jpg

I believe it. I'm a big proponent of managing my own healthcare. Meaning, I don't take everything a doctor tells me as "truth". I listen to my instincts and if something doesn't feel right for me, then I won't agree. The docs hate it when you question them, but it's your body, and they don't know everything (even though they think they do).

I think a lot of mistakes happen during shift changes and when they are really busy. I don't allow them to give me any shots, pills, or treatment until after I know what & why. I ask what the name of the medication is and what it's purpose is. Sometimes I even ask to see the vial or package to make sure the name and dose match what the nurse has told me.

It's just a matter of using common sense, listening to what your body's telling you, and getting out of the mindset that doctors are gods and know everything. They are not. They're human.

Latest posts

Back