Research paper

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntboy13

Reaction score
Hey all, this year for my research paper I wanted to do research on the economy. I've looked into a variety of ideas on what to include, and I've narrowed it down to make a thesis statement. It is as follows...
"The economy of these United States rests on corrupt banking practices and monetary policies, both of which will ultimately lead to its downfall."

If you happen to run across any primary source documents or credible info relating to the topic, I'd love it if you'd send it my way. In the end, I'll try and post it up here for all to read :)

Focus on the Federal Reserve (but fair warning, what you read may just terrify you). It's pretty scary to realize that all the money in the world is backed by FAITH, not anything tangible. It's all based on faith that a nation's economy will be there tomorrow, next week, next year, etc. It's also pretty scary to realize the power that this non-governmental entity (as in not owned by the people) has control over our money supply. Of course, the US isn't alone in this. All world banking is in on it, and has responsibility for it. It wouldn't work any other way.

I have uncovered much of what you discussed, in fact, I uncovered it, then decided to do my paper on it. Especially the fact that the fed has stockholders... That troubles me. Fractional reserve banking will also be added in because of how it inflates currency like crazy. In the end, I will discuss the fact that this system will one day crumble under the debt load. Can't say I never did anything to warn people. I've been using lots of primary sources to try and make this convincing.

Thanks for the input gazrok!

After lots of research, I've found some good info talking about the fed, and the problems with a fiat currency that has no backing. Also looked into inflation and deflation, along with fractional reserve banking and its role in boom/bust cycles. It seems that one way or another our economy is screwed. Inflate to oblivion, or risk deflation, which will also throw us into oblivion. Either way, we're doomed one day because this system doesn't work forever. It requires inflation to even stay afloat. And at the end of the day, all this QE hasn't done much for real recovery. Sure the stock market looks ok, but this cheap money has created a speculators market. Speculation doesn't really correlate to real economic recovery.
We probably will start writing our papers this week. I still intend to post it when it's complete

TNT-Boy, you are on the right track, I could write the conclusion for you ;), the economy is a giant Ponzi scheme and like all ponzi schemes failure is guaranteed.
I know, the conclusion will certainly be scary to my classmates... But at least they'll know.

Impressed! I thought they were teaching all college student to believe life is grand and our government will provide all.

Good luck getting your fellow classmates to see the light. You're way ahead of the game being a member of this forum!

It's highschool, but only slightly less liberal than college from what I hear!

So I must ask, is there any way for a US dollar to come into existence interest free? The only way I can see it is through the use of the fractional reserve banking system, but I'm thinking I'm missing something.

The U.S. Dollar came into existence in 1792. Here is how it was defined by the "Coinage Act of 1792":

DOLLARS OR UNITS--each to be of the value of
a Spanish milled dollar as the same is now
current, and to contain three hundred and
seventy-one grains and four sixteenth parts
of a grain of pure, or four hundred and
sixteen grains of standard silver.

That piece of paper that has "One Dollar" printed on it is a Federal Reserve Note, not an actual U.S. Dollar. If it was, it would have the same value as 371.25 grains (0.7734 oz) of silver! (And Silver would be $1.29 per ounce!)

The Coinage Act of 1792 was never repealed, and is still law. In fact, the U.S. Mint still produces Dollars according to the legal definition. Here is a 2012 Silver Dollar produced by the U.S. Mint that is the exact weight and purity specified by the Coinage Act of 1792:
infantrydollar.png

Thank you for clearing that up, I was wondering if the reserve notes were the same as dollars, and this shows that they are not.

Revisions are being made, should be done by next week at the very latest. And dr Henley, I've looked more into this discrepancy of a federal reserve "dollar" and a US dollar..... I do agree that we have been mislead as Americans as to what exactly a US dollar is.

Hey all, this year for my research paper I wanted to do research on the economy. I've looked into a variety of ideas on what to include, and I've narrowed it down to make a thesis statement. It is as follows...
"The economy of these United States rests on corrupt banking practices and monetary policies, both of which will ultimately lead to its downfall."

If you happen to run across any primary source documents or credible info relating to the topic, I'd love it if you'd send it my way. In the end, I'll try and post it up here for all to read :)
Just be careful that you don't end up being labeled a subversive radical! Seriously, you don't want to appear too far from the mainstream when a professor can grade you lower because of his bias against you. I allready know this country is corrupt and heading for a collapse, I've just learned that sometimes it's wise to keep some of your opinions to yourself from people that can hold power over you.

Just be careful that you don't end up being labeled a subversive radical! Seriously, you don't want to appear too far from the mainstream when a professor can grade you lower because of his bias against you. I allready know this country is corrupt and heading for a collapse, I've just learned that sometimes it's wise to keep some of your opinions to yourself from people that can hold power over you.
It's highschool, and I think my teacher actually agrees... Shocking I know.... But she seems rather enthusiastic when I talk to her about the topic, and though she doesn't see the underlying causes, she sees a problem. I get what you're saying though, I know I've heard stories of such bias, and it really pisses me off...

And on top of that, there's a kid discussing the unconstitutionality of the PATRIOT act... Let me tell ya, I read his paper, and I seem rather tame

Glad to hear you have a good teacher, that's open to you expressing yourself. Generally I try and save my religious and political views for a few close friends as the world is full of idiots! Good luck to you.

And people wonder why we prep, and think WE are crazy. When this overblown Ponzi scheme goes, all of civilized society will go with it, in short order.

I just heard a blurb on the news that a bigmac in venezuela costs 16 bucks due to their inflation. Oh well, I didnt like Mcd's anyways. :)

Sorry, lol that was last year now.. BUT anywho, I got a 99% on it. She deducted a point for grammar (there were no marks on the paper) so I think she didnt want to give that 100% ;) Ill get the paper up tonight, luckily i still have it. While im at it, ill post my sophmore one on gun rights.

Latest posts

Back