Would you like to have regional groups

• Total voters

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Hello all!
I wanted to see what everyone's opinon was on having regional groups or a "club" system for Preppers. Somewhat similar to car clubs. My thinking is this would help us meet in different areas closer to our homes and when money and time permits there could be national/international meetings.

I am in the beginning stages so please feel free to post your suggestions on this idea.

This idea of having regional groups comes from Savageagle!

booter360

Reaction score
Hello all!
I wanted to see what everyone's opinon was on having regional groups or a "club" system for Preppers. Somewhat similar to car clubs. My thinking is this would help us meet in different areas closer to our homes and when money and time permits there could be national/international meetings.

I am in the beginning stages so please feel free to post your suggestions on this idea.

I'm all for it.

Kriptic

Reaction score
M.I. I figure that's an MOS that would be handy when everything goes south!
I was 63H and did a lot of training with what was 95B
I was 98C. From my experience, about 75% (at least) of the mos's in the army SOUND a lot more interesting then they actually are.

I definitely learned a few tricks that could come in handy, but not near as much as you might think.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I was 98C. From my experience, about 75% (at least) of the mos's in the army SOUND a lot more interesting then they actually are.

I definitely learned a few tricks that could come in handy, but not near as much as you might think.
Well my 63H will do me little good unless I can get my hands on an M1, M113, M88, Bradly, etc.
I wish I had some M.I. experience.
Did you get a foreign language with your a 98C?

Kriptic

Reaction score
Funny story about the language.

I was at Goodfellow AFB during my AIT. I put in my 4187 to go to DLI in Monterey. When my orders came down, I had 2 seperate sets of orders.

1st set: Go to DLI for 52 weeks and learn Russian
2nd set: Duty station at Field Station Kunia in Hawaii for the duration of my first tour.

I just couldn't bear to pass up a couple years in Hawaii for another year of a training environment. In retrospect, I wished I'd have chosen DLI.

SSgt.

Reaction score
Hello all!

Sure why not

savageagle

HamRadio/Office of Emergency Services/Fire-EMT-SAR
Reaction score
Can't decode most of the coded massages in this thread..........LOL, I know, it's military talk.
Even if we had California broken into N/S chapters with 3 members in south and 5 in the north a carpool situation could help everyone somehow. My original thinking was to make it so that it would be better to have regions/chapters and more meetings to give more members an opportunity to attend than to have one meeting and many not be able to attend.
At this point I'll still give it a thumbs up.

Gumbi

Reaction score
I give a thumbs up as well..I could always learn more from whomever!!!

ranjen

Reaction score
Im an 89b with 11 1/2 yrs spec ops experience numerous tours to afghan and Iraq. Figured I would throw that our there. Savageagle I think your on to something with the regional idea. The military is adopting a regional focus for its units why should we. A regional president someone dedicated to the prepper ethos. This could be the beginning to something great. Each region could develope chapters. Let be serious here if everyone on this site it's serious about why they prep then we should all wake up and realize the larger our network the greater our chances of success for when the shtf happens.

ranjen

Reaction score
An organizational patch or chapter patch a means of identification, we could build our own club.

ranjen

Reaction score
I guess I'm a dreamer, from what I have seen most preppers go it "alone" what I mean by that is centered around themselves and those closest to them. But the idea of preppers nation wide coming together under a united cause and being there to support there brothers I guess that would be asking to much

Reaction score
Water-logged survivalist State of Florida
18c for 8 yrs. Got out never wanted to go back and never feel the need to talk about it. On the plus side I learned a LOT of great stuff that would be useful post SHTF. Think Macgyver, only better looking and in uniform.

I think regional groups would be great. Keep in mind that just because you meet with people doesn't mean you have to show them everything you are doing or where it is located. But knowing there are others in your area that are prepping, and possibly creating some kind of group with a bit of infastructure wouldn't be a bad idea. Can definately get new ideas and learn new things.

SSTxPrepper1

Reaction score
Would be a great idea to have regional groups and more knowledege for your self or to give others or help but not all your full knowledge like pheonixPrepper mentioned, feedback with anything and great for training purposes or mock scenarios to train and etc. Put my vote in man .!:m4:

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
regional groups or clubs would be great through out the u.s. and other countrys as well.especilly seeing how we can learn from each other..and if some have items they dont need,can bring them along for trade or sell or to just give away ..and who knows.some might get along enough where they decide to live on the same property..

Latest posts