Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning to you all. I hope everyone is doing well
I am debating on adding a section that would break the US down by regions (West, Southwest, North East, etc. I thought this might help preppers locate other preppers nearby thus making it easier to get to know others for when everything goes south. After all there is safety in numbers.

Please let me know what you think.

Droid

Reaction score
It is a great idea to aid in planning! Everyone needs to see the bigger picture of where they are and what can affect them. I do not pretend to know why you broke them down that way, but would like to share that my friend and I have done something similar. We broke our regions into movement rings for possible cashe sites that would allow movement through cashe resupply from a high threat area to a lower threat area should we find ourselves in the middle of a dangerous situation. Within these rings we established known and confirmed threat areas that would allow us to choose more advantageous cashe emplacement locations. Got the idea from some a combination of Insurgents in Afghanistan and Geo Cashing. The movement cooridors are based on 6 regional areas. Those areas are divided up evenly across the U.S. Example: Norther Section is A, Souther Section is B. From west to east there are 3 sections for both A and B. So starting from the north west to the north east you would have A1, A2, and A3. The souther sections starting from the west would be B1, B2, and B3. Very similar to what you did but with a more symetrical look to it for easier identification. I do not think there is a wrong way as long as it does what you need it to.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
It is a great idea to aid in planning! Everyone needs to see the bigger picture of where they are and what can affect them. I do not pretend to know why you broke them down that way, but would like to share that my friend and I have done something similar. We broke our regions into movement rings for possible cashe sites that would allow movement through cashe resupply from a high threat area to a lower threat area should we find ourselves in the middle of a dangerous situation. Within these rings we established known and confirmed threat areas that would allow us to choose more advantageous cashe emplacement locations. Got the idea from some a combination of Insurgents in Afghanistan and Geo Cashing. The movement cooridors are based on 6 regional areas. Those areas are divided up evenly across the U.S. Example: Norther Section is A, Souther Section is B. From west to east there are 3 sections for both A and B. So starting from the north west to the north east you would have A1, A2, and A3. The souther sections starting from the west would be B1, B2, and B3. Very similar to what you did but with a more symetrical look to it for easier identification. I do not think there is a wrong way as long as it does what you need it to.
I like your way of thinking. It sounds like yours may also have some overlapping which would be helpful. I have thought about realigning this current system as I feel some areas are better suited to be combined. For example I feel California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico should be one Geographic location. In fact I may start reworking this today. I appreciate your ideas on this.
I know for me moving will not be easy with 3 kids in tow, especially since I will be attempting to get out of a city.

Do you participate in geocaching?

Droid

Reaction score
The city, that is a tough one and requires a lot of reconnaissance and planning to do right. Tell you what, you can do the same thing with your city. Take a map of the city and tape it to your table. Take the clear projector sheets and tape them to your map. Now take the map markers and box in high concentration population areas, and color them red. You can trace other things as well that will help you plan, like essential service buildings, etc... Trace the highways to see where they all are, but do not color them in, leave them empty just outlined in black. Now look at where the easiest route out of the city is compared to the high population areas within the city. You can now see where they will all go to get out and where you need to avoid. Sometimes the path of least resistance is not the right path. Do not forget about alternate means. Foot and Bikes will allow you to move through places traffic will not. If there is a river near, then a small boat would be great. It depends on the time of day as I am sure you know. Probably have to do one for work hours and non work hours.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
The city, that is a tough one and requires a lot of reconnaissance and planning to do right. Tell you what, you can do the same thing with your city. Take a map of the city and tape it to your table. Take the clear projector sheets and tape them to your map. Now take the map markers and box in high concentration population areas, and color them red. You can trace other things as well that will help you plan, like essential service buildings, etc... Trace the highways to see where they all are, but do not color them in, leave them empty just outlined in black. Now look at where the easiest route out of the city is compared to the high population areas within the city. You can now see where they will all go to get out and where you need to avoid. Sometimes the path of least resistance is not the right path. Do not forget about alternate means. Foot and Bikes will allow you to move through places traffic will not. If there is a river near, then a small boat would be great. It depends on the time of day as I am sure you know. Probably have to do one for work hours and non work hours.
OUTSTANDING advice! I can't thank you enough for sharing your insight.

I have researched several means of getting out of my city. Luckily I am not trying to get out of a city like Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New York, Trenton, Houston, Chicago, etc.

I will use your recommendations and see what I can come up with in addition to what I have. Thankfully I got used to maps while in the Army and as cross country truck driver.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Thankfully i grew up in this town/city/crap hole, so i know it front and back, side to side, i have back roads that lead out any way i want to go, however, if that just cant happen, ill try n snag ourselves to a 4x4 and cut through the desert, unless the people that owned them had the same idea.
my advice would be to drive around and get more associated with your city, back and front side to side, learn back roads and side streets, maps aren't always correct and some aren't up to date.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Thankfully i grew up in this town/city/crap hole, so i know it front and back, side to side, i have back roads that lead out any way i want to go, however, if that just cant happen, ill try n snag ourselves to a 4x4 and cut through the desert, unless the people that owned them had the same idea.
my advice would be to drive around and get more associated with your city, back and front side to side, learn back roads and side streets, maps aren't always correct and some aren't up to date.
I too have lived in my area since 1972 so I too know the area quite well.
However, I feel I have much more to learn. I have rode a bike in the "backwoods" areas to see what routes I can take. Usually these are at least 30 mile rides. I have also read historical stories of the area to see how those in the 1800's lived and got around.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Awesome!
ya sometimes i feel the Amish might be on the right track. I mean really, if shtf are there lives gonna change much? their fake fireplace sells may go down, but thats about it lol.
tbh, their probably the ultamite DD Preppers around lmao.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome!
ya sometimes i feel the Amish might be on the right track. I mean really, if shtf are there lives gonna change much? their fake fireplace sells may go down, but thats about it lol.
tbh, their probably the ultamite DD Preppers around lmao.
I am sure the areas they live will become real popular when ever the shtf.
Good people to learn from since they already live off of the land.

savageagle

HamRadio/Office of Emergency Services/Fire-EMT-SAR
Reaction score
Are Amish like Mennonites? I don't know much about either religion but here in Squaw Valley (not the ski resort) we have a huge number of Mennonites. My next door neighbor is a Mennonite and I've known him for 3 years now. When I first met him I was trying to back a long 5th wheel trailer down a steep driveway and make a sharp left hand turn with a 3/4 ton dodge diesel and it wasn't working. Before I knew it and without an invite he was here with a 4 wheel drive backhoe and the job was completed in 15 minutes. We have engaged in bartering with things, some of my welding skills for his heavy equipment or turning a wrench on his loaders for something. They do live a simple life and when tshf there will not be much they will miss. They don't have any TV's or radio's in the house and they will be the first to step up and lend a hand to just about anyone. I have a cow coming my way in the future from letting him run a temp fence through my lower 4 acres so he can run his cattle down there and it keeps the grass down.
They are very kind and considerate and live just as you would think we'll all be living when shtf.
I almost forgot, the map is very good the way you have broken it into regions and suggestions here are great too. It's getting closer to a reality with the more heads we put in it.
Great job Clydesdale......

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Are Amish like Mennonites?
They are very kind and considerate and live just as you would think we'll all be living when shtf.
I almost forgot, the map is very good the way you have broken it into regions and suggestions here are great too. It's getting closer to a reality with the more heads we put in it.
Great job Clydesdale......
Glad you like the map!
I have no clue if the Amish are Mennonites.

Bravery

Reaction score
Those bastards! That's it! Give West Virginia back to England or sell it on ebay!
Damn it Clydesdale... when I read that you made me blow coke though my nose (mind you it was Coca-cola and it was going in the opposite direction that Obama had Coke going though his nose).

Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.
Barack Obama talking about his marijuana and cocaine use​

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Damn it Clydesdale... when I read that you made me blow coke though my nose (mind you it was Coca-cola and it was going in the opposite direction that Obama had Coke going though his nose).

Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.
Barack Obama talking about his marijuana and cocaine use​
I'm glad you liked that one!

Latest posts