Recipes for gator meat?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lee

Reaction score
Come on I know a quarter of the people from the forums are from LA.

What spices pair well with it? What is the preferred cooking method? I got 10 lbs coming towards me.

If its a tail , make a sauce pecaun.
First make sure to seperate the muscles completely.
Trim ALL fat and membranes off the muscles.ALL
Season with tony chacheres fine creole seasoning liberally.
Next....bake for two hours wrapped in tin foil on about 300 degrees.
Meanwhile make a sauce pecaun.( like your favorite spaghetti sauce.)
Make some rice.
Fill a serving platter about 1/3 full with the rice. Cover the bottom.
Make an indention in the middle of the rice large enough to rest your gator tail in.
Pour your sauce into the indention. Full.
Take the gator tail and slice it like a pork loin. They will look almost the same. Only the gator is clean and white.
Place the tail right down in the nest you made for it . Try not to squirt sauce all over the rice.
Place a little garnesh around the sides and serve hot with your favorite vegetables and a good spicy bread.
You will need to adjust your cooking time by how big your tail is.( the gator...lol)
I can't emphasize how important it is to remove all traces of the membranes around the muscle enough.

Tony chacheres is a local seasoning.if you can't get it . Its salt, garlic( a lot of it) black pepper, cayenne, jalepeno, and onion powder. Should work well for you.
Keep checking when its baking and barely brown the outside.

If its a tail , make a sauce pecaun.
First make sure to seperate the muscles completely.
Trim ALL fat and membranes off the muscles.ALL
Season with tony chacheres fine creole seasoning liberally.
Next....bake for two hours wrapped in tin foil on about 300 degrees.
Meanwhile make a sauce pecaun.( like your favorite spaghetti sauce.)
Make some rice.
Fill a serving platter about 1/3 full with the rice. Cover the bottom.
Make an indention in the middle of the rice large enough to rest your gator tail in.
Pour your sauce into the indention. Full.
Take the gator tail and slice it like a pork loin. They will look almost the same. Only the gator is clean and white.
Place the tail right down in the nest you made for it . Try not to squirt sauce all over the rice.
Place a little garnesh around the sides and serve hot with your favorite vegetables and a good spicy bread.
You will need to adjust your cooking time by how big your tail is.( the gator...lol)
I can't emphasize how important it is to remove all traces of the membranes around the muscle enough.

Tony chacheres is a local seasoning.if you can't get it . Its salt, garlic( a lot of it) black pepper, cayenne, jalepeno, and onion powder. Should work well for you.
Keep checking when its baking and barely brown the outside.
I have eaten alligaror meat, but haven't had to cook it yet. Sounds good though

Here we cook it with coconut milk, ginger, garlic, onions, and chili peppers (of course, salt and pepper or shrimp anchovies). Cooked until the oil comes out of the coconut milk and the gator meat is tender

Latest posts

Back