rebuilding the Ranger

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out today for parts,,,the yard I went to had nothing,,,,went to another location and hit the JACK POT,,,,they had a 99 model sitting there opened the hood and it looked like it just rolled out of the factory,,,,I made the deal and can get everything I need including a new hood for $125.00,,,,barring rain I am pulling parts tomorrow

when do you plan to have it fixed?
I just got the last of the parts and I am waiting on a gasket the valley pan for the intake,,,I can not do much until it shows up,,,,once I have it and the weather is good 7 to 10 days before I can crank it over,,,20 years ago I could have tore it down and had it back together in 2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,those days are gone forever

This was my Brother's Ranger, I believe it was a 96. He redid the whole interior, cut the springs to lower it, added huge tires with Cragers on it, added headers and a few other engine mods, redid the front screen. Then some Illegal ran a red light and smashed into the drivers side front. Hit it so hard the engine rolled out, split the frame in 2 places. Both front tires and wheels blew apart and the drivers side rear cracked. The Illegal, of course, had no insurance, no license, nothing. Fortunately, a Police officer saw it and knew that he did run the light, not my Brother. Broke my Brothers hand, slight concussion and he kept what was left of the truck! Why I don't know, he still has the engine, transmission 5 speed and interior parts in his garage. His insurance paid a little but basically he got screwed. It was a Nice truck!

Attachments

• 364.JPG
    364.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
I just got the last of the parts and I am waiting on a gasket the valley pan for the intake,,,I can not do much until it shows up,,,,once I have it and the weather is good 7 to 10 days before I can crank it over,,,20 years ago I could have tore it down and had it back together in 2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,those days are gone forever
Good luck on your repair. I have a 2004 edge ranger that needs a new intake manifold gasket . Was going to take it to a shop but i might try to fix it myself. Just sold my 96 ranger to the neighbor. They are great trucks.

Good luck on your repair. I have a 2004 edge ranger that needs a new intake manifold gasket . Was going to take it to a shop but i might try to fix it myself. Just sold my 96 ranger to the neighbor. They are great trucks.
taking one apart is a lot of work,,,,but pay attention to what you are doing and you should be just fine,,,,,,

I have found that a PCM from a 1999 ranger will not work in a 1998 and mine is toast so I ordered a new one,and every fuse related to the PCM was blown more than likely the relay is also and all have been replaced,,,,,,,,,,,so here I am waiting on another part

AND that is just one more reason I do not work on vehicles.

Latest posts

Back