Reasons For Some Preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbearnow

Reaction score
Just for conversation reasons I was wondering what others reasons are for doing this? My family knows the government is taking over and tribulation is very soon. Soon we are going home to see God but in the meantime we will have to go through a lot of things on earth still. We are starting to prep to be ready to run and go into hiding as we await Jesus :))

One of the reasons I prep is that I will be damned if my family has to be taken care of by 'officials' for their own good. I grew up prepping so it's all second nature now.

agreed
It was instilled in me growing up to be self reliant never rely on any one or any group and most deff never rely on a corupt and unjust govrt

I too wish I was raised in a "prepping household."
I started to prep when I was a kid. At that time my only reason for prepping was earthquakes.
I still prep for earthquakes, but the government has give me several reasons to expand my prepping horizons.

I also prep so my family will not have to depend on the government, and so that they will also be able to protect themselves from the government.

I got into prepping because in 1999 I believed that one day the government will attempt to "come get me"
and i wanted to be prepared
Then there's earthquakes, then civil unrest, nuclear war, etc.
But I mainly prep for my own safety & security. Protection from the evil government. Aside from natural disasters they tend to be the cause or major contributing factor to any disaster/SHTF. 9/11 is an example of what the government does and how it affects innocent people. There's also tragedy at Ruby Ridge. If the government had stayed out of it and didn't bust in guns blazing, innocent people who just want to be left alone will be alive and well today.

Sometimes it's not even direct action of the government that causes it, its their rules and regulations, and the paper pushers, and they'd push and push until someone snaps then suddenly many people die.

Or it's policies of the government... such as oil spills and environmental damage due to unsafe oil/resource extraction methods.

I am not one for a hand out, i will help myself by being ready. If i am caught with my pants down then that's my fault.

embarrassed to say it, but i started because of the whole december 2012
and the end of the world. Then i got to thinking about how at any time
a natural disaster could set us back or even the economy. Now its become
an obsession and im actually at the point where i hope i get to use it.
Tired of the way the world is moving with all the greed and its getting to
the point where if you are not rich, you are just gonna be left behind.
That and i could use a vacation...

embarrassed to say it, but i started because of the whole december 2012
and the end of the world. Then i got to thinking about how at any time
a natural disaster could set us back or even the economy. Now its become
an obsession and im actually at the point where i hope i get to use it.
Tired of the way the world is moving with all the greed and its getting to
the point where if you are not rich, you are just gonna be left behind.
That and i could use a vacation...
I use my gear often, camping ,hiking, power outage. Its all toys to me.

I used to be into the jeep world so a lot of things you use for camping and riding. I feel everything I have is not a waste. My kids keep asking why we have this stuff so I remind them when Hurricane Sandy devastated our town...we were under water in a matter of seconds....I look at those people in NY and they were killing each other over gas, living in tents because they had nowhere to go...that's not me. My Grandfather was a prepper and everyone thought he was crazy in the 70's and I was raised by a Marine so if my gear won't get me through it..my bad attitude will! :) I just think it's great that there's an outlet for people..everyone on here is helping someone even if it's in a small way to preserve their life.

I don't want to be responsible for my family being caught with its pants down during an emergency... Other than that, I love being prepared, and I love using the skills/gear I own to stay proficient.

I prep because I will not be one of those that have to rely on our government. I do not trust them and they are only trying to get more control. I wasn't born into this, but as a teenager, I have always wanted to learn the prepping ways. As soon as I was old enough to move on my own, I started a small garden. I have been doing a "small" garden which was only 24ft x 20ft and this year have doubled it (which I am still working on the expansion). I have clay soil so have added 'free' mulch from the city along with bags of leaves I have found by the side of the road. Plus I have added the BEST fertilizer, donkey poop. It is all tilled in, but it will still take years to look like my original garden area.

Was your donkey manure aged or green? I let the horse manure age as close to a year as I can before we mix in with the garden.

Well I prep because I see how fragile our infrastructure and way of life is. I always thought I am so fortunate to live in America and that no one would ever die of thirst in this great country because of how advance we were. Then hurricane Katrina happen and people did die from thirst.

I compare this to the natural disasters that happened in the past. I recall after Katrina watching a special on where this city was leveled by an earthquake or fire, and a military officer saw it happen at the fort and rolled out mustering his men without being told. Within three days, by rail, every single spare tent was brought to the city. I can't imagine that happening today, lack of initiative, or fear of doing the wrong thing would stay the military until they are told to. Wal-mart took the intiative and sent truck loads of water to New Orleans and were turned around by FEMA officials because they had no clue what to do with it. How about hand it out dummies or set up and improve supply depot?

All our high tech toys, and gadgets, and reliance on the internet has made us weaker as a society I believe. Now I am not anti-technology, I am talking to you now on my laptop on an internet forum. I have a smart phone and love all the advantages that it brings, however I also know the need to be able to do things for myself. I am learning to grow vegetables, I know about guns, I know martial arts, and I am constantly learning new things.

I hope nothing ever happens, but I want to be ready. Reading the New York times, or other articles about preppers you can see the venom in their condescending logic. Where are you going to run to? What about electricity? Do you really want to live in a post-apocalyptic world? What the hell do they care about what I plan or what I do with my spare time? It seems like they think we are traitors to society. They know they are not prepared and they feel like we should share in their misery. They think we are selfish. If technology fails, why would I want to keep on living? I don't know, I have always had a never give in, fight to your last breath mentality :)

That's how every American should think...unfortunately they don't and we have become the minority....oh well, I never liked being normal anyway:D I'm pretty sure FEMA knew what to do with the bottles, they just didn't want to. Even the Red Cross was turned away.. forced extinction maybe? At this point a post-apocalyptic world doesn't seem so bad once you get rid of the loonies, the zombies, and the liberals..hehe I guess we are traitors in some sense because what we believe or what I believe is archaic and we refuse to think or not think. It's just so sad to me and leaves me with a heavy heart to realize how many people don't have pride in this country and it's principle's. I hear them talk about guns as if their only use is to shoot a deer..what if there just so happens to be a Sasquatch in my yard and he is built with a breast plate of iron, ten feet tall, and wearing a helmet...lol I might need something stronger!

Was your donkey manure aged or green? I let the horse manure age as close to a year as I can before we mix in with the garden.
I just add it to the compost pile normally, but with the new expansion, I added it to the new bed too and tilled it all in. Donkey poop doesnt germinate seed like others

Im prepping so my family won't have to go through all the sh*t that nonpreppers will have to endure. Another reason is that I want to prove to myself I can. I don't want to see my family starve or die of thirst. When the mobs come around, I don't want to see my wife and daughter raped over and over again. So Im ready to protect them to the death. We all have to die sometimes, Im willing to die to protect them. And I think that's what it will come to be. When it happens I will sing Roy Rodgers song " happy trails to you". For you youngons Roy Rodgers was an old cowboy. LOL. All seriousness aside, we are in for some bad sh*t. Lets get as preped as we can. Another thing I haven't heard here is sanitation. Did you ever think of where you will sh*t and pee. With no water or sewage, can you imagine the smell. At least here in the country we have built a two hole job. Thats an outhouse to you northernersHaHaHaHa. We all need to think about that. People couldn't stay inside the ship when it was just floating in the ocean with no ammenities. Can you imagine being in a high rise building with on ammenities. Not for me.

Latest posts

Back