Reasons For Some Preppers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, you can spraddle your legs real wide and leeeeeaaaaannnn waaaaaayyyyyy back too! LOL. I like my out house, painted it light tan with white trim. Trick with an outhouse in the winter is to use a Styrofoam ring life preserver as a toilet seat. They warm up quick and are light enough to carry back and forth to the house and if you hang it on a nail behind the wood stove it's all toasty when you need it next.

Not sure about horse manure, but I would thnk it would act the same as donkey. I added it a few weeks ago to the new garden plot and the plants have been doing just fine. I have been adding and tilling it in since we got hte donkey which was about 1 1/2 ago now.

Ha Ha Old Anorak. . . You have used a few out houses and know how to be prepared.

Good point Mastercajun about sanitation. And yes I have thought about it; we are acquiring a port-a-potty and putting it in the back yard in the woods a bit for cover. I can't imagine what city folks will do.

You need to find a firing range that you can rent handguns and try out different models until you find one that is a good fit for you. Get deadly with it.

You're right, when the cities become unlivable, the people will stream out like roaches looking for food. Hopefully you are far enough away from any sizable population center so you won't have too much of a problem. Where I'm at, I'm at least 2-3 days walk from the closest 'city' of any size and well over a week's walk from any large city.

Too short? why not try an AR-15 with a collapsible buttstock. You can also get a glock pistol, and then buy a RONI pistol to carbine conversion kit. It is basically a frame that goes over your pistol to make it a bit larger so you can handle it like a submachine gun with optics and forward pistol grip.

Maybe a Benelli Auto-loading shotgun. I never fired one, but I heard their inertia dampening system takes out a lot of the kick from a shotgun. The length might be an issue though.

What is the short arm issue? The distance between the grip and your shoulder or the overall length making it unwieldy?

Oh... forgot, I'm short and this worked well for me. Ask to try the youth model of whatever rifle or shotgun you want.

I'll check out the guns you suggest. Old_anorak- good suggestion. Never thought about a youth gun. I live near a gun range, but they don't rent out. I'll look into other ranges around me. That would be a huge help to be able to try a few out before buying. I

We all know of how hard the time before the second coming will be as said in the Bible.
The government is going to crap.
But really, my boyfriend's family is kind of big on prepping, they got me into it. They never talk about it or anything but in his dad's closet, there is a small stockpile of food, water, etc., they take camping trips often, since I've been with him (just over a year) they have bought 3 new guns, one being a handgun, one a rifle, one a shotgun, and bulk ammunition... it's easy to tell. They inspired me to start.

Being prepared has always been part of my upbringing, I am more comfortable outdoors then at home, my element isn't among people or structures something my wife complains about often. My Granddad favorite saying "nothing is permanent have the means to adapt at whatever is thrown at your feet" my Grandmother who is Southern Cheyenne born on the reservation had good story's "we freely travel from one place to another then the man said no more and put us on a field of dirt" in a nut shell I prepare because I trust no one outside my family.

Oh... forgot, I'm short and this worked well for me. Ask to try the youth model of whatever rifle or shotgun you want.
That's a good idea actually old_anorak. That's what my husband did for me when he bought me a 20 gauge shot gun. It's perfect for my arm length which is short and makes it easier for me to sit it right into my shoulder so I don't get a kick when I fire it. I was sore for a week using his 12 gauge shot gun but it was not made for a women with short arms so therefore I was nearly knocked on my butt when I fired it. It had one hell of a kick that's for sure. LOL

I think that's my problem. I had my gun picked out for me. Never tried it out, just ended up under the tree one with shot gun shells in my stocking.... I'm headed to a local gun dealer this weekend and see what fits.

I believe in being self-reliant also and being ready for what ever disaster can come. It is not a fear of the end of the world or anything, but our country is so spoiled regarding taking care of oneself that we look to others to do it for us. Look how many young people think they would die before losing their cell phones, notebooks, etc...When I grew up, we never had those things and we did fine. People who are unprepared will have the hardest time in a crisis.

I enjoy my independence, and you can't be free if you depend on others for your freedom.
I don't see prepping as preparing. I see it as sustainable living and being prepared based upon how you live today, not waiting for tomorrow to bring disaster.

I believe in being self-reliant also and being ready for what ever disaster can come. It is not a fear of the end of the world or anything, but our country is so spoiled regarding taking care of oneself that we look to others to do it for us. Look how many young people think they would die before losing their cell phones, notebooks, etc...When I grew up, we never had those things and we did fine. People who are unprepared will have the hardest time in a crisis.

Given we are in the age of the entitlement culture (presumptive thinking of the masses or as some say collective assumption) we preppers or as WilliamAshley had said "sustainable living" are very few amongst the populist, unfortunately not only do we have to at times struggle to maintain our supplies, keeping supplies safe and secured we must also fight the ill-defined perception (disparaging term) 'prepper' I like to define prepper this way *Being a 'Prepper" doesn't mean 'crazy' it means I am unwilling to succumb to despair*

-wayne

For me, I see the US Dollar losing its status as the world reserve note, and once that happens... our economy is down the pooper!

Latest posts

Back