Rayden (Elvis)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayden

Reaction score
Hello guys my Real name is Elvis. I know I know. But no my parents were not fans of Elvis Presley. She read this name in a book together with Melis and that's how she named me and my late brother. I go under alias Rayden everywhere.

I know great deal about gasification of wood waste and production of methane out of manure/ bio waste.
I know great deal about workings of computers/electronics. I can basically fix any computer as long as the motherboard/circuit boards are intact. I can fix up a working computer from plethora of parts, even if the parts arent from same group ( Year of production , brand , model etc.)
I know some stuff around a engine. Mostly around two strokes engines ( I even reworked one in to usable electricity generator that runs on methane/syngas).
I know great deal about farming. I could say I'm close to expert. I have more than 15 years of farming experience.

What I aim to learn and enrich my self with is:
Production of liquid fuels as Diesel , Gasoline, Methanol/Ethanol/alcohol.
How to fix an engine to run on home made fuels. ( Running my scooter on a mixture of Alcohol/gasoline, Hopefully running on alcohol alone)
Learning ins and outs of Internal combustion engines to a higher degree than now. (Four strokes engines)

I'm a big fan of two strokes engines. those suckers can swallow anything.
I literally used sunflower oil instead of two stroke oil in basically all of my scooters that I had and they ran without a problem.
I used transmission fluid instead of two stroke oil.
I used old engine oil instead two stroke oil( I noticed little bit more smoke on this one)

I mixed the oil with gasoline in same amount as two stroke oil. Also On some scooter I had separate tank for oil. I just topped that one off and that's it.

Hello Rayden, glad to be the first to say hello. Lots of practice with the two-strokes there. Got a chainsaw, a rototiller and a generator...all two-stroke. I'll try your ideas on the CHEAPEST one to test the ideas...
Nothing better than learn-by-doing and on-the-job-training to get your horizons widened...GP

Got a chainsaw, a rototiller and a generator...all two-stroke.
I say best success i had was with machines that do their own mixing of oil and gas. Because you have to agitate the oil and gas before every use no matter if its 2toil or any other lubricant mixed with gas. So try with a small ammount like 25ml and see how it goes. If there us weired noises mostly clanking and/or very dark smoke comming out you have a too thick mixture. Delute it. And try again. 2T engines dont have much to be broken by "dirty" fuel. Thats why i like them so much.

So if you are going to play with alternative fuels in 4 stroke (otto cycle) engines you need to ensure the engines have hardened valve seats, just like engines that were converted from Leaded petrol to unleaded.. The problem with many alternative fuels is valve seat erosion and excessive carbonisation. Be careful as well if your test vehicle has a catalyptic converter fitted as some alternative fuels can wreck Cats. same applies to many fuel injector pumps as bio fuels can destroy the seals. Also dont leave bio diesel in a vehicle long term as it forms laquers in the system.

Thats exactly what I wanted to learn. Hiw to avoid such incidents

Could you elaborate a bit? Whats a laquers?

You need to ensure the test engine is suitable for unleaded fuels , you may have to adjust the timing and advance and retard to prevent pinking / knocking.

If you COOK with natural oils like Rapeseed or Olive oil etc you will have notice a hard coating forming on the pan after each cooking session that is Laquer. It is similar to what builds up slowly in fuel systems.

As fuels lay in store they can and do decay, thats why many fuels only have a short operational shelf life. most refined petrol or diesel has asorted additive in the fuel to give it a decent shelf life, which can be extended with fuel preservative like Stab-Bil. You can extend the life of fuel with crude DIY additives like acetone to keep the cetane value up and to prevent waxing in cold temperatures. Fuels expose to the air oxidise and settle out the volatiles evaporate leaving only heavier elements of fuel. Eventually bad fuel deposits a laquer / varnish/ hard coating inside the fuel system which gradually clogs up the pipes with a hard sediment.

To negate its effects your fuel must be stored in AIR TIGHT containers to preven moisture absorbtion ( fuel is hydrophillic) and the evaporation of the volatile organic compounds ( what makes fuel burn) Use fuel stabilisers to extend the stotage life as well.

Engines / Fuel systems laid up in long term storage should be fully drained down .

Engines laid up long term should be CRANKED for a few minutes but Not fueled and not fired up to get the lubricating oil fully circulated FIRST. you MAY need to use DAMPSTART in order to help engines initially fire up using bio fuels OR use real petrol diesel to fire up and warm up before switching to bio fuels

Two stroke engines are much simpler BUT they must use the finest lube oils available, esp if you are using bio fuels. I would change the LUBE oil and OIL and FUEL filters TWICE as often as regular service intervals.

you may have to adjust the timing and advance and retard to prevent pinking / knocking.
So I had this suggested by local mechanic too. But i never did it on the scooter I ran on methane. It worked fine no loud noises no smoke same as with gas. I would like to know more about this too?

Two stroke engines are much simpler BUT they must use the finest lube oils available, esp if you are using bio fuels. I would change the LUBE oil and OIL and FUEL filters TWICE as often as regular service intervals.
I used everything from gas/sunflower oil mixture to gas/used motor oil mixture to paint thinner, used acetone on one occasion too in one of my two stroke scooter and I ran it weekly around 200 miles for 6 months straight. My mission was literally to try every flammable liquid in this scooter. Also one point of the experiment was to try and seize up the engine by using anything to fuel it/lube it. I had no luck. Old 性交er is still starting from first crank in the heat and second crank in the winter.

So I had this suggested by local mechanic too. But i never did it on the scooter I ran on methane. It worked fine no loud noises no smoke same as with gas. I would like to know more about this too?

I used everything from gas/sunflower oil mixture to gas/used motor oil mixture to paint thinner, used acetone on one occasion too in one of my two stroke scooter and I ran it weekly around 200 miles for 6 months straight. My mission was literally to try every flammable liquid in this scooter. Also one point of the experiment was to try and seize up the engine by using anything to fuel it/lube it. I had no luck. Old 性交er is still starting from first crank in the heat and second crank in the winter.

Trouble with Acetone / Methanol etc is it eats the seals inside the engine as washes away the lube oil way to quick.

Latest posts

Back