Rare, Serious Respiratory Virus

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for posting...the number of enterovirus morbidity and mortality rates are on the rise in many states across the U.S. Of course this viral outbreak has taken a back seat to news reporting as a result of the African Ebola pandemic. With schools recently opening up for the new school year, parents should advise their children to increase their hand washing and limit close contact with friends. This is a viral illness, so their is very little other than support therapy to help those with the virus. Lastly, because of the high temperature, general malaise related to the viral illness, parents should consult their family physician on the necessary protocols. Certainly it would be advisable to isolate those who are ill from those that are not and that those caregivers should consider masking/gloving when in direct contact with those that are ill. For more information, people can either go to their state public health website or the Center for Disease Control website for more information.

without a doubt, everyone is concerned with the ebola currently, and rightly so, but there are loads of buggs out there that can cause problems. I think the big problem is we are too overpopulated. When people are this close things spread too easily. Nature has a way of keeping things in balance.

without a doubt, everyone is concerned with the ebola currently, and rightly so, but there are loads of buggs out there that can cause problems. I think the big problem is we are too overpopulated. When people are this close things spread too easily. Nature has a way of keeping things in balance.
Thirty children in a classroom are going to pass viruses. It's been happening for decades. Everyone wants to keep calling this a "mysterious" illness - they just now called it that on FOX - and yet, it's been identified and has a name. No one has died from it yet. Children with compromised lungs, i.e. asthma, are at greatest risk to be hospitalized with this virus. Something like this happens every year when school starts. Both of my grandchildren have asthma and they are always bringing something home from school.
The problem isn't that we have too many people - that's a different issue altogether. The problem is that we have too much media that has a tendency to focus on the wrong things and sensationalize them. I think it's just another attempt to distract us from everything else that's going on.

Thirty children in a classroom are going to pass viruses. It's been happening for decades. Everyone wants to keep calling this a "mysterious" illness - they just now called it that on FOX - and yet, it's been identified and has a name. No one has died from it yet. Children with compromised lungs, i.e. asthma, are at greatest risk to be hospitalized with this virus. Something like this happens every year when school starts. Both of my grandchildren have asthma and they are always bringing something home from school.
The problem isn't that we have too many people - that's a different issue altogether. The problem is that we have too much media that has a tendency to focus on the wrong things and sensationalize them. I think it's just another attempt to distract us from everything else that's going on.
This is the latest I can find. So far the CDC "thinks" it's EV-D68.
http://vir.sgmjournals.org/content/93/Pt_9/1952.full

Last edited:
Well this is getting around. 10 reported cases in Richmond, Va, and 8 cases in Lynchburg, Va. My baby granddaughter has some kind of respiratory illness, although it seems mild. She's 8 months old.

A new respiratorty virus that has polio type symptoms and causes paralysis is now going across the nation . I am sure this goes back to the liberal comments that caused the rush of unacompanied minors from central American and Mexico across the border then they were flown and bussed by public transport all over the lower 48 and put in our public schools ( some of these minors are thought to be 30 years old ) . The eletiest that are in power at this time hate the American way of life and see it as their oblagation to spread the wealth as well as the suffering . There is more to this than helping the kids , those kids sufferd from the cartels and thugs across cetral America and Mexico leaving a trail of shallow graves its not their fault there parents and others were encouraged by comments made by the Obama adminastation .

Latest posts

Back