Ransomware Attacks

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While computers allow us to do many things more efficiently, the more complex a system is, the more fragile it is.

Just read an article about the price of shipping containers due to tight supply and tight vessel capacity.
Could force even more inflation on non-food items.
If you are thinking of a durable product purchase (e.g. refrigerator) made out of the USA, might want to do it now.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...usinesses-stay-anything-will-intensify-video/
Joe Biden’s message to criminals around the world: The US is too weak to stop cyberattacks so go ahead and hack our infrastructure.

Joe Biden’s Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo joined ABC’s “This Week” with host George Stephanopoulos on Sunday to discuss the US’s response to cyberattacks.

Gina Raimondo made it clear that cyberattacks are here to stay and will intensify.

The largest ferry service to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket was hit with a ransomware attack last Wednesday.

A hacking group with links to the Chinese government penetrated the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s computer systems in April.

In the last month, ransomware hackers have targeted the Colonial Pipeline and the world’s largest meat supplier.

A few weeks ago ransomware hackers shut down the Colonial Pipeline, creating gas lines and shortages in Southeastern states.

JBS, the world’s largest beef supplier was hit with a ransomware attack on Sunday, threatening US meat supply.

One-fifth of US beef production was wiped out after JBS paused processing at five of its biggest beef plants which manage a total of 22,500 cattle per day.

Joe Biden’s response? It’s a private sector issue and we don’t care.

Just curious here, what do you think Biden should do in these cases? Nuke Russia? Or China? These thefts are certainly not state sponsored but are driven by greed for easy money. Do I think the Russians or Chinese are going to do their best to track down these criminals? Not a chance, I’m sure they are amused at the trouble they are causing here. Other than hardening our computer systems the only thing I can see is if these other countries start getting targeted then maybe they will begin searching for these criminals. Now they are so well known and generate so much money we will see many more attacks in the future. It’s time to forget the partisan politics and blaming each other and trying to find a solution that will help us all.

Just curious here, what do you think Biden should do in these cases? Nuke Russia? Or China? These thefts are certainly not state sponsored but are driven by greed for easy money. Do I think the Russians or Chinese are going to do their best to track down these criminals? Not a chance, I’m sure they are amused at the trouble they are causing here. Other than hardening our computer systems the only thing I can see is if these other countries start getting targeted then maybe they will begin searching for these criminals. Now they are so well known and generate so much money we will see many more attacks in the future. It’s time to forget the partisan politics and blaming each other and trying to find a solution that will help us all.

It is when they target infrastructure is the real problem. While the JBS attack may not of seemed like a big deal, had it gone on for a week or longer with their plants shut down, meat prices at the grocery could of gone out of sight.

Our systems need updating, hardening, especially the grid.
But they have been saying that for years, differing WH admins, and have not seem to do much.

Meat prices have already gone out of sight before this cyberattack. First, blame the meat prices on covid, then blame it on Russia. $16 a lb TBones are not the fault of covid and happened before the attack on JBS.
Brent....if we're going to war with China, I would assume it would be because of their intentional manufacture and release of a bioweapon (with our research money, I might add) to destroy our economy, along with the economy of other countries.

Meat prices have already gone out of sight before this cyberattack. First, blame the meat prices on covid, then blame it on Russia. $16 a lb TBones are not the fault of covid and happened before the attack on JBS.
Brent....if we're going to war with China, I would assume it would be because of their intentional manufacture and release of a bioweapon (with our research money, I might add) to destroy our economy, along with the economy of other countries.
I am certain of only one thing here. If we go to war with China or Russia, god help us all.

I think we have known this for a long time. I’m fairly certain we have the capability to do the same to theirs as well though. Just like with nuclear power, assured mutual destruction is a pretty good deterrent. Any country in the world that looses their power grid will be in deep shit within a very short time. We have all become much too dependent on the grid for basic necessities. I bet the vast majority in all cities can’t start a fire to cook a meal with, much less kill and clean an animal.

I think we have known this for a long time. I’m fairly certain we have the capability to do the same to theirs as well though. Just like with nuclear power, assured mutual destruction is a pretty good deterrent. Any country in the world that looses their power grid will be in deep shit within a very short time. We have all become much too dependent on the grid for basic necessities. I bet the vast majority in all cities can’t start a fire to cook a meal with, much less kill and clean an animal.

I am not so sure about that.
The Russians have a longer memory than we do. German invasion, Stalin, the collapse of the Soviet Union. I think they could do better going without then we could.

You are right about Americans and not being able to start a fire or process an animal.
One of my wife's supervisors, has a PhD in computer science. Did not know a cow had to have a calf in order to produce milk.

It i
I am not so sure about that.
The Russians have a longer memory than we do. German invasion, Stalin, the collapse of the Soviet Union. I think they could do better going without then we could.

You are right about Americans and not being able to start a fire or process an animal.
One of my wife's supervisors, has a PhD in computer science. Did not know a cow had to have a calf in order to produce milk.
It is sad that many do not know that simple fact. I have met a few.

Latest posts

Back