Random encounters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in regard to be taking in people >>> not many professions will be useful in the primary days - keep in mind that anyone worthwhile won't be an unprepared sheeple out on the road begging for help ....

also keep in mind that once they are in - in particular families with kids - they will be worse than a tick getting them out the gate - and trouble groups together and breeds like rats ....

All these city folk with their trap ideas. Keep in mind, 99.9% of what falls into your traps will be animals. Very likely your own animals.

Good point but my critters will be in cages (rabbits and Guinea pigs). Any wild animals falling into my traps will just be added to the menu, unless it is "Long Pork" then it will just be left for Mother Nature to deal with. If somebody is keeping free ranging critters, then I would agree to restricting devises to smoke or noise alarms.

Scenario - a few people turn up looking for aid, your spidey senses are not tingling. You know that Mabel and John down the road have abandoned their home. How about this, give them a few seeds/ know how to get a garden started, maybe help them scrounge up a few chickens or livestock. You then have allies, you help to make them self sufficient, you also have another outpost to alert you of danger. You also have an ally to help you if your home gets struck by lightening etc. But this entirely depends on whether they say ‘yeah, that’s a great idea, thanks for your help’ or ‘that’s so not fair why can’t we come live with you?’ If it’s the second one blindfold them and drive them somewhere away from you.

I say this because I imagine (not from experience but because we are human) if you kill someone because they are about to kill you or yours that’s survival. But to kill because you think someone will maybe in the future become a threat has got to mess with you head, which definitely will put your families lives at risk in the future.

We say this because Civil War 2.0 will be about getting rid of the problem. Freeloaders, people who live on the dole, people who live off the backs of hard working people, they need to go. And not down the street, they need to go into the afterlife because there will be no time to teach them properly. Their parents have failed them, their community has failed them, the gov't has failed them, and they have failed society. End of story. I'm ok with that.

Logic - Spidey sense. Once it hits the fan, there are questions to ask. 1) How did these folks get to your place? 2) What did they bring or have to offer --- skills, knowledge? 3) What makes them worth offering them some of your supplies? 4) Unprepared will probably mean unarmed too, to be an ally, they need to be armed, do you plan to share your ammo and weapons? 5) The big question to ask is how have they managed to survive to reach your door? Tactically, It is a lot easier to send the weak and meek to open a gate, than to storm the gates. An unknown man, woman OR child can poison a meal, water supply or open a secured gate, door or window. If you did not already know these people at your door, then they are a threat. How to deal with the threat will depend on answers to the above questions.

Last edited:
Sobering to think your fellow man would stoop so low. But you’re right hunger and fear brings out our base instincts. If your child is being held hostage, you would do anything to save them. I suppose it also depends on timescale, a week, a month, a year later. Also on the type of disaster. Most of us don’t live in secure compounds so if someone wanted to take what we have, they’d come and try to take it, probably in force. I think I’m In the hide and see category, but as time moves on we will have to start trusting again because what kind of life will our children have? As a previous poster mentioned, our most base instinct as with all animals is to have babies. Not everyone wants kids now but if the population is severely reduced I reckon their biological clocks will be thundering.

Latest posts

Back