Random encounters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those with short,bright collored hair and piercings will be shot on sight tho.
LOL, what about this guy.? :)
iu

Catarinas totem comes to mind

View attachment 10399

at least they will have some use....telling others to F off ..... but that would make me the bad guy for sure :)

Can always use all those loops, hoops and glitter items as fish lures, can us the guy as gator bait, if you roam in big reptile country. LOL

Those with short,bright collored hair and piercings will be shot on sight tho.
I would have bright colored hair if it were allowed at work. It would be fun!
GOOD MORNING VENOMJOCKEY!! Glad you joined us. I don't plan on feeding any prisoners, just making sure I am not made one and at the same time not killing the last person who could be a dentist, doctor or a computer nerd which could repair my solar system or fix my appendix and teeth. Don't need any fertilizer or dead bodies poisoning my fresh water system and will not carry the dead pieces miles away to do the same...better if they keep walking and know not to come back.
Glad to hear from you, GP
I think this is something important to consider regarding the original question (not the marauders attacking you question posed later in the thread.) If there are random people you just encounter, there is a decent chance they may be people more or less like you, trying to bugout or for some reason their plans didn't go as expected, or perhaps they didn't know how to prep before SHTF, but have somehow survived and have useful skills. But of course there's the likely chance they ARE marauders too so have to be very careful. I like the idea of a "quarantine camp" for people to prove themselves. I they prove themselves worthless though, what do you do with them?

They won't be feeling bad because of what they did.... they will be feeling bad only because they got caught and are now being judged.

I have watched several videos made in Irak/Afganistan and watched the captured IS terrorists/murderers/slave sellers/rapists who have been caught. The whole group was crying like little girls and saying, "we didn't want to do that stuff, we were forced to do those things, they threatened to hurt or kill us if we did not help them...."
Watch the movie: The Bad Batch again, learn the lesson. There are people out there just like us and take the time to think over subjects like we are discussing here and now.
AND THEN there are those who do not think at all. They are either brain-dead followers who have been fed propaganda till they believe it is the truth and act on their inbred instincts, or they are the LEADERS of those brain-dead followers. I have experienced such persons and you cannot EVEN think that you will have the chance to talk, discuss, explain or convince them of ANYTHING outside of their little brain-dead world. They chose their way and their rules....Let them live and die by the rules they set up themselves.....Shoot and don't bury. They would only pollute the Earth and water under the ground.......Besides, even the ants and coyotes need something to eat...GP

After a long term SHTF situation we have a good number of ppl we trust and plan to form a small colony. Surviving on your own will be pretty much impossible in my opinion.
yeah right!!:rolleyes:
be VERY careful who you trust.
you'll only trust the wrong person once(think about it!).

If you have enough people, I would create a security barrier. Like security outposts to detect unwanted guests, and give that guest the impression, you are acting on your own.
That would be the first barrier. The guest is stopped in an area where he is unable to see the camp, for example in 100 meters (300 ft) from the camp.
The "security guard" will investigate the persons intentions and will not have any radio-contact with others to reveal that he is in contact with others, only when in danger.

If you have enough people, I would create a security barrier. Like security outposts to detect unwanted guests, and give that guest the impression, you are acting on your own.
That would be the first barrier. The guest is stopped in an area where he is unable to see the camp, for example in 100 meters (300 ft) from the camp.
The "security guard" will investigate the persons intentions and will not have any radio-contact with others to reveal that he is in contact with others, only when in danger.

You will also need a second security person hidden with the investigating security person that's in some discreet communication with the base camp.

You will also need a second security person hidden with the investigating security person that's in some discreet communication with the base camp.
Exactly, before facing the unknown guest, the camp and other security need to be informed that somebody has been spotted. Guard #1 confronts the unknown guest, while guard #2 lays for backup (ideally with a scoped rifle) to assist when needed.

Exactly, before facing the unknown guest, the camp and other security need to be informed that somebody has been spotted. Guard #1 confronts the unknown guest, while guard #2 lays for backup (ideally with a scoped rifle) to assist when needed.

Multiple scoped rifles from multiple vantage points...

I'll be lucky if I see another person, even from a distance, once the "balloon goes up".
most people once they spot me run a mile, I was once told-by another UK prepper upon meeting me- that post SHTF he would have shot first and asked questions after, good job he lives the other end of the country!!
I should state that my own father called me "the wild man of the woods" because of my appearance(which I will never change, not for anyone!).

Remembered this thread after so long.
Decided to "bump" it so more ppl can share their opinions.

Plus as a bonus another question.
In the long term SHTF scenario are you planing to set traps around your camp? If so what kinds? Not asking for the specific trap blueprints just its use.
Alarms? (Flares,sirens,etc)
Immobilize? (Ropes,pitfalls,etc)
Cripple? (Bear traps,cartrige traps,etc)
Or lethal? ( landmines,spikefalls,etc)

Its another one of discussed things in my community. If and if yes then what kind of traps to set up? Mines are nice ... no need to worry,you just hear a boom and collect anything still usefull. But cant be sure that it was a loner and that his group isnt waiting for you to show up and get revenge. Another downside is innocent people can set it off. No idea how would i react to show up and see dead kid and mourning parents or the other way around ( im sure how would the parents react after spoting me tho).
Same goess for the crippling and immobilizing traps. So the last are alarms. Nice thing to know that someone is coming but that someone will know that you are near and will be more cautios and stealty.
Warning innocent people that you know about them and that you are most likely on your way to them will give them time to calm down and calmly explain themselfes.
Warning raiders that they are somewhat close to you is not that nice.

Another option would be traps that look like accidents or bad luck. Wasps hives are good exaple but that doesnt work during winter.

After WROL event = The further out from the main abode, the less lethal the apparatus. Farthest perimeter, noise and smoke alarms. Say about mid point, then injury type deterrents. Close in, rifle range, lethal traps and within hand gun range, land mines. JM2C

Another option would be traps that look like accidents or bad luck. Wasps hives are good exaple but that doesnt work during winter.I
Bamboo grows everywhere here in Florida, so punjii stick traps with the fire-hardened points smeared with an equal proportion mixture of blood, fresh pigeon feces, and finely chopped-up raw shellfish.

This mixture would also be applied to barbed wire and razor wire.

Bamboo punjii sticks don't show up with a metal detector.

The trap at the bottom is a mace trap made from a coconut.
1600919639150.png

1600919719088.png

1600919802530.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back