Rally for victim of officer-involved moped crash devolves into chaos; several arrested.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Schrier

Reaction score
So, Eric from Ri here, been a member for awhile, mostly lurking in the background.
In Providence RI Sunday, there was an incident concerning maybe a hundred or more motorcycles, atv's, mopeds, etc riding on city streets busting balls. Police were around monitoring things. Evidently a rider with no plate on his moped, flipped a cop off, so the cop started to pursue him. The rider took a hard right on a side street, probably to avoid another police vehicle turning and the police car behind him did the same. From the very publicly shown cell phone video, it is evident that they both went wide and maybe even where on the sidewalk. It's is possible the cop car hit the moped from behind or it's possible the cop hit a stop sign which struck the rider. The rider is in critical condition. Tonight, there where demonstrations , fire works and things being thrown at the police. Black Lives Matter was very prominent tonight, because the rider is named Jhamal Gonsalves, 24.
I hope he will be alright, as from everything said about him, he was a responsible rider and a good guy, but, he was busting balls.
The first thing the demonstrators say is police brutality and they want charges against the police officer driving and defunding, ETC.
If you live in RI, you have heard how Providence is run and things are bad due to the mayor not being strong.

My own opinion is, if I am driving and get surrounded by bikers, atv's, what ever who are busting balls, I will not take it lightly.
There have been previous demonstrations and a lot of damage done in Providence in the last few months and nothing has been done to correct it.

What I'm saying is, times are getting bad and demonstrate if you like, but if you start to loot and generally try to destroy property, then you are no friend of mine.

Just sayin....

When I was much younger, I had several cop friends I went shooting with. I even gave one my sawed off double barreled shotgun, he could get away with having it, jail for me. During one of our many discussions, motorcycles and police pursuits came up. When asked about chasing fleeing bikers, his simple answer was, the squad car just rams the bikers back tire, then collect what ever is left. He was not joking. He stated these pursuits put the officers at risk and they did not take it lightly. Road rash, broken bones was the price for not stopping.

I agree w/ Mav. No plates indicate an intention to not be identified by authorities and therefore an intent to break the law. No sympathy here. It is time to harden our hearts and realize what is occuring. This has a strong possibility to devolve into armed conflict. Be mentally prepared to act accordingly. No one on our side wants this, but we are being given a stark choice, be ready to act or be ready to surrender.

"moped" - probably wondering "what the HELL???" ....

this "moped" was ready & able for the freaking interstate - from the video that was sooooo conveniently taken - you need to wonder if the whole thing was a set-up that went wrong >>> there was a whole flock of black bikers and this "moped" comes along at 60+mph down the street in front of this cop .....

smells to HIGH HEAVEN !!!!!

No plates indicate an intention to not be identified by authorities and therefore an intent to break the law. No sympathy here.

Let me correct that. It IS breaking the law to drive without plates. Don't care about intent, it was in fact a crime and the police were in the right to pursue. His acts of stupidity resulted in his injuries. No blame on anyone else, no sympathy. Stupid acts yield stupid consequences.

1610443517536.png

Latest posts

Back