Quilting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It beautiful except for that allergen on top of it! Lol, if I wasn’t allergic to cats I’d probably like them! Really good design on the quilt.

It beautiful except for that allergen on top of it! Lol, if I wasn’t allergic to cats I’d probably like them! Really good design on the quilt.
No sooner then I spread it out for the photo, there she was! Sorry you are allergic, she makes me smile....mostly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No sooner then I spread it out for the photo, there she was! Sorry you are allergic, she makes me smile....mostly!

I understand completely. I have dogs that are part of the family. And I don’t sneeze all the time from them. I think if I had known how loving the pets were the kids might have been in trouble!

cd07a36241be1e45aae8fb53ceb6503d.jpg

Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is very nice!! All hand stitched still? You have more patience than I do girl!

I also have no understanding of the curve or the high peak triangles so you are above me om that. :)

My sister got me into cross stitch lately. . . she asked me to do one for one of her nephews for an up coming wedding so I did that but then I started another one for her since she is redoing her living room. Her and her husband have agreed on a grey but he wants orange. . . she says she can do a throw pillow here and there but that is it. So I started a cross stitch of a light grey canvas with charcoal floss for Christmas this year.

I like a pvc pipe frame the best! I bought mine, but I would think you could make it for cheap yourself. Let me know if you want pictures. Simple, and very functional

I would like to see a picture of your PVC pipe frame. My friend's mom has passed so I will probably never see the quilting frame that my friend once had. Once my friend passed her mom was able to come to the house to bring me some very special clothes since we were the same size.once before she herself got sick. All that is left of her family is her husband, brother and father. Do I need to say more. . . .

I would like to see a picture of your PVC pipe frame. My friend's mom has passed so I will probably never see the quilting frame that my friend once had. Once my friend passed her mom was able to come to the house to bring me some very special clothes since we were the same size.once before she herself got sick. All that is left of her family is her husband, brother and father. Do I need to say more. . . .
I will get you some. I have already started another quilt, but I think I can get pictures that. Will get you the idea.

Here are a few photos so you can see how it is put together. The only hidden parts are the split pipes that you push on the top that hold the fabric tight. Let me add one showing the top...
8548ef4538cc6a6fdd09ab551b4be56c.jpg

2c407b022102f128b7ca326b5f9c4d2d.jpg
e9998d3258589834403a94c940214090.jpg
58eab0968eacdc00d68c46a7bdc770c3.jpg

a few of my daughter's creations >>>>

Attachments

• Kim's Quilt Entry   09.21.20.jpg
    Kim's Quilt Entry 09.21.20.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Kim's Quilt Entry   09.22.20.jpg
    Kim's Quilt Entry 09.22.20.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 7
  • Kim's Quilt Entry  09.24.20.jpg
    Kim's Quilt Entry 09.24.20.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Kim's Quilt Entry  09.25.2020.jpg
    Kim's Quilt Entry 09.25.2020.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Kim's Quilt Entry   09.27.2020.jpg
    Kim's Quilt Entry 09.27.2020.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 7
a few of my daughter's creations >>>>
She does lovely work, Illini. Love the one on the bottom in particular. I've done a little hand and machine quilting over the years, mostly smaller wall hangings and not full-size quilts. Don't quilt anymore though. Too much arthritis in my fingers. My maternal grandmother quilted probably 40 (maybe more) quilts in her lifetime. She would do a new one every year. Although basically a hobby, she kept all of them folded and stacked in 2 tall stacks in the corner her bedroom (went nearly to the ceiling) and used them regularly in her own home. I can still see her quilting rack mounted on the bare wooden wall of her bedroom in their farmhouse.

She was still quilting in the nursing home at the end of her life with a group of her former quilting friends. Over her lifetime she did probably most all the popular patterns we all know, as well as the state birds, state flowers and a bunch of interesting patterns. My mother mailed her sewing fabric scraps in a big box all my life and it was fun seeing bits of my little-girl dresses in her quilts. Sadly, moving around in an USAF family all my life, and being in Texas when she passed away in N.C. (only my mother was able to attend the funeral as I was in college) neither Mom nor I ever got one of grandma's quilts. Guess the other relatives out in NC snatched them all up when she went to the nursing home, as Mom said when I asked "Did you get one of Grandma's quilts, Mom?" she said none were seen anywhere in the house. Everytime Mom ever brought up the subject in future years, each of her brothers/sisters would only own up to having ONE of the family quilts. But I doubt seriously Grandma ever sold them, as my mother often suggested she sell some of them for extxra income and she simply couldn't part with any of them.

Latest posts

Back