Pyschically Fit For Doomsday

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's better

• Running

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Lifting

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
I do weight training with mostly light weights, 20 lbs max. I've had to design what I could do. After cancer, 5 heart attacks, triple bypass and an ICD implant left me with a heart that's 53% functional with an EF of 30. I also got a Nishiki Olympic 12 speed bike in a pawn shop for $30 bucks and I can ride 10 miles, slowly. Usually around 6 miles is average. I do that for cardio. But still I come out with a BMI of 21.4, body fat at 16%. To me the body fat is too high but my cardiologist said it ok for me. He does not want me to get too lean. My highest VO2 Max was 72. It's too cold to ride right now.
My diet is very under control with plenty of leafy greens for the BCAA's , and low fat & low sodium. My cholesterol level is 99. It's true, we get old too soon and smart too late.
I've learned in Vietnam that in order to survive being fit gives you a better chance at survival. That I know to be true.

i beleave that running and lifting are a good idea.get in better shape,and faster that way..pluse your prepared for both when it comes to shtf...but i havent gotton into either..maybe i should on acount one never knows..

18 holes of golf,
twice a week. Lotsa walking, looking for ball. Cheating of course...

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
And if you get get caught, you didn't try hard enough !

But there are no rules in the Survival Game

KNOW THE 5 D'S OF.....

So, yes. Lots of walking and it helps with the mental game.
How to keep your cool, don't throw year gear out of anger,
you might need it for later.

MMA work out 3 times a week at my gym.
3 miles a day with 60 lb pack.

Tons O'lunges ! OUCH ! totally smoked after that.

I voted for running, though I think they are both important if you are not doing a lot of manual labor in you regular lifestyle. I actually think the best thing is if you are doing a lot of manual work like Old Anorak. A few years back I used to lift weights really heavy, but when it came to doing real work i found I was surprised at how difficult it was. You use your muscles differently then when just lifting metal bars in a gym.

These days I mostly lift cheeseburgers. :( I'm not very overweight but being fat is not the only way to be out of shape. I'm inspired by my three year old and all the things I want to do with her. 2 weeks as a non smoker now (trying really hard not to be snippy!) and I hope to start doing more cardio as it warms up and my lungs recover a little.

Latest posts

Back