Purslane

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great find..i've seen that plant before..other then noticing it's colors when it comes to the branches trunks and flowers.i never really paid that much attention to it..and considered it as a good ground cover

Nice info! Never thought of it as a food but it does grow around here. Will have to try out some of it and feed some to the pigs.

I've heard that purslane is an excellent land source for the omega oils. But, I'm a little weary of it, because every time I've seen it, it was growing out of a sidewalk. So not only does it grow where people walk, it grows where someone may have sprayed weed killer. It's such a shame really, but for some reason it must like the concrete. I like the fact that there were recipes, but I don't really like the idea of picking it out of someone's sidewalk. Does this stuff grow anywhere else?

We have it come up in the garden every once in a while (I do not use weed killers) and we also have it growing in the grass around the house. Think this stuff has a potential to grow anywhere it wants to.

Latest posts

Back